Monday! Monday! Monday! Monday! We all chant in unison because of course it is potluck time...

I am contributing left-over cookies and cream birthday cake from the big birthday bash. I also have a bit of Veggie chili from the weekly meal plan at Blissfully Domestic. You might even be able to find a Frito or two on my floor. Wow. If your loved ones are complaining about food you prepare at home, you may send them to me for a few days and I will send them back completely grateful for YOU. Money back guarantee! Blog-Stedman is very long-suffering.

We were driving somewhere and I said to one of the boys, "that is ridiculous". Ryan piped up and said, "you know what is ridiculous? A STONE HAT, now that is ridiculous". I was laughing and said that I agreed. He then perseverated on it for another 2 hours...I heard "you know what is ridiculous? A STONE HAT, now that is ridiculous" approximately 2387 more times. The funny thing is...well, that is ridiculous. That evening I asked him where he heard that phrase. Scooby Doo. He then went on to ask, "what does ridiculous mean?"

Have there been any documented deaths by yoga?

And now for a P.S.A. (Public Service Announcement) from the I.F.P.A. (Institute for Potluck Advancement):
It's natural
It's chemical
It's logical
Habitual
It's sensual*
But most of all
Potlucks are something that we should do
Potlucks are something for me and you!
Potlucks are natural, potlucks are good
Not everybody does it, but everybody should
Potlucks are natural, potlucks are fun
Potlucks are best when you THROW ONE...
*Not all claims have been substantiated.

Remember the little pink box in the right margin for all your comedy needs. Let me clarify that I have added Meg's wallet saga (part one and part two) not because the situation is funny, but because well, that girl is funny even in pain.

Let me introduce my Rock Star Avatar:There seems to have been a little confusion regarding blog-Stedman and my virtual shopping trip. It was my avatar that had the make-over. It is my avatar that has the shapely body. It is my avatar that was prancing around in fishnet hose and a denim skirt so short it can only be worn digitally. After spending around $400 VIRTUAL CASH, I can rock out without conducting an avatar anatomy lesson. By the way, the boots are fabulous. They are red and pink paisley leather. If I had them in real life I would probably sleep in them.

And now for a few more words from the I.F.P.A. (Institute For Potluck Advancement):
You too can throw a potluck. Get your badge here!
You can be like Rachel who threw her very own potluck. Rachel** reported that after throwing a potluck she felt 10 pounds lighter and her children behaved perfectly for the following 24 hours.
**Interview may have been conducted in my head, not with the actual Rachel and her comments may have been condensed due to space from her actual made-up quotes.

*cue theme song*
And now it is time to play "Which dear reader arrived by googling this?"
*deep announcer voice states*
"Let's review the Nirvana week in googlespeak..."
My inquisitive look into Kix vs. Cheerios wins this week's award for most Google search hits. Three dear readers even lasted more then the usual 0 seconds spent when the Nirvana is hit. Because I am hoping to expand my readership, future posts will explore the fascinating debates of granola vs. oatmeal, rolled oats vs. steel cut oats, real cheerios vs. generic cheerios, chex vs. kix *GONG! followed by a very large hook pulling me off the stage* Crap, I didn't even know I could be gonged on my own blog.

Alrighty then, I think I have now answered the question, "you know what is ridiculous?" No stone hat needed here...

19 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Your avatar is smokin' hot! I'd wear those boots to bed, too. If they were real and stuff, that is.

Rachel said...

Those boots are leather sex :-) Love them! She is just darling.
I huge puffy heart you, did you know that. You always make me grin. Have a great day!
Hope the weather is better in your neck of TX, it's raining and 38 here.. yucky weather for driving home.

Courtney said...

You crack me up. Love your blog!

Jennifer S said...

Love the avatar. And spending virtual money.

Oh, I'll be back for the granola vs. oatmeal throwdown.

Ryan is funny. And he's right about the stone hat.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Your children's children will be laughing at "stone hat."

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Scooby Doo is great for teaching ALL kinds of ridiculousness. It's where my family gets its best material.

KEEP BELIEVING

Rachael said...

OMG, I read the poem once, then remembered the tune and sang it (in my head) the second time. LOL. No, ROTFL.

Yes, the potluck thing is catchy. I might have to make it a regular feature. It has even spawned it's own little potluck off-shoots. We might have a potluck revolution on our hands. And, why yes, I do feel 10# lighter, and my children are ALWAYS perfectly behaved.
hehehe (about that last part).

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed at your ability to incorporate lyrics from a naughty George Michael song!

Happy Campers said...

Ohhhhh...I love the status checker! Someone ended up on Reese's website with the key word "hung daddies." YEAH. I figured out it was my post titled "Daddy Hung The Moon". Sheesh.

Meg said...

Very funny....! Love the potluck ...thingee!!

Have a great rest of the week and enjoy the rain!

Meg

Anonymous said...

I'm totally digging the avatar & the GRRR boots. And, I guess I potluck on Sunday nights. Maybe I should move it forward?

Aren't kids great when they don't have a clue what they are saying?!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Your avitar? I'd hit that.

cce said...

Phew!!! I'm exhausted just reading that, the breakneck pace, the frenetic all over the place of it. It's like purging. I love it. I may clean out my mental fridge later this week.

slow panic said...

today i feel like i'm wearing a stone nat.

Nick & Lizzy said...

Now, see, there would NEVER be left-over cookies or birthday cake at MY house... ;)

Love your blog!!

Purple Teacup said...

I have a stone hat in every color of the rainbow. I need them to protect my hard head. Do those boots come in purple snakeskin?

Kellan said...

Little Billy would definitely have known where that "stone hat" phrase came from as he knows all things Scooby Doo!! So funny thinking of you all laughing over and over about it.

Hope you've had a good Monday - see you this week - Kellan

Swistle said...

Ha ha! I think my favorite part is about how the interview with Rachel may have been conducted in your head.

JCK said...

Your AVATAR rocks! I don't believe it isn't you, though...

Stone hat, now that's hilarious! ;)

I'm just catching up on posts!

Post a Comment