I would contribute the left overs from Monday's potluck, but there aren't any. The Herb Sliders were easy and amazing. Blog-Stedman ended up doing the ACTUAL cooking which is probably why they were easy and amazing, but I helped...a little. Prep work, people. Prep work.

I do have 1/2 a chicken salad sandwich in the fridge from the fab play date yesterday:I tried to hold back from saying the following, but I can't help it...AREN'T THEY JUST THE CUTEST? I want to thank Anglophile Football Fanatic for not running in terror when I showed up in this outfit: We had a really good time while the boy's played contently in the Pottery Barn Kids store PINK kitchen.

I also have 1/3rd of a cinnamon bagel pretzel from "The Other Boleyn Girl". It has been years since I have gone to a movie. Way back then they didn't serve $4.25 pretzels and tickets were not $9. The down side was you had to walk uphill through snow without shoes both ways. My movie review (this is shocking and unexpected): the book is better then the movie.

I was tagged by R World for the book meme: grab the book nearest to your left elbow, open to page 123, and then copy the sixth, seventh, and eighth sentences. My book is "Microtrends" by Mark Penn (I am a very complex, don't judge me). And this is the magical quote from the chapter "Late breaking Gays":

"Can he say he loves me--and in fact never desire another woman--and yet still leave me for a greater passion when we're 45? How do I turn on the Gaydar now, and here, while we're still dating? Perhaps the dating Web sites, and prenuptial counseling services, will want to add a couple of questions about sexual preference."

Tag, you are it: Pinky, Domestic Accident, Rachel, Jessica and Lupitasloves. Just curious what you are reading these days...

Please check out the fancy pink box on the right for really funny stuff that I read over the last few days. Oh, and let me clarify Potluck rules. There is no theft...potlucks are welcome in any location as long as I am invited. In fact, if you find yourself needing to throw a potluck....use this by replacing all the ( and ) with < and >:

(a href="http://junecleavernirvana.blogspot.com/")(img border="0" view¤t="nwdesigns3.jpg" = alt="Photobucket" src="http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5268/potluckht9.jpg"/)(/a)

and you will have this, that when clicked on will send people my way:


The universal potluck is my first step in blogworld domination. If there is interest, I will get one of those fancy link boxes.

17 comments:

Jennifer S said...

I love the little pink box (especially since my blog is linked in it. Thank you!)

In fact, I generally do like things in pink boxes. Except maybe not pregnancy tests anymore. Yeah, definitely not.

You will soon rule the Potluck nation of bloggers. I'll just bow down now.

The boys are cutie cute cute. (But tell them I said handsome.)

Happy Campers said...

Ohhhh...I love your potluck idea & if it's for sharing, then I'm hosting a potluck next week. Thx for sharing :)

Happy Campers said...

Oh...and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your link to articles you love. I check that ALL the time, so for my convenience, if you could keep that updated regularly that would be great. kthx. :)

Momisodes said...

I love your pink box, I definitely need to click on a few of those :)

My daughter loves the PBK kitchen. It's a must see whenever we hit the mall.

And yes, they are the cutest!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Potlucks can always be so surprising - kind of like Forrest's box of chocolates.

Supah-cool that you got to meet a fellow blogger.

Subah-fab outfit choice. I really love it.

KEEP BELIEVING

Anonymous said...

I loved your outfit and the boys are ADORABLE.

I saw The Other Boleyn Girl today and I think it's great if you've never read the book or studied the history. Sadly, having done both it took all my self-control to not scream out in frustration.

Anonymous said...

My!! The picture looks great. And, I know SD had a great time on the horsey and at PBK. So glad we got to hook up!

Anonymous said...

And, why would I run in terror? I had to have spanx just to squelch into my capris that were big this time last year. Sigh. Think I gotta hit Lifetime. Sigh.

KiS said...

1. I almost bought that book yesterday and didn't, now I'll reconsider.
2. Your boys are definetly cute.
3. I wanna live near a Potery Barn, and I think I said this about Target too!
4. Cinnamon bagel=tasty, but movies here are around the $14 mark. Nuts-I know.

KiS said...

1. I almost bought that book yesterday and didn't, now I'll reconsider.
2. Your boys are definetly cute.
3. I wanna live near a Potery Barn, and I think I said this about Target too!
4. Cinnamon bagel=tasty, but movies here are around the $14 mark. Nuts-I know.

Anonymous said...

How was The Other Boleyn Girl? I loved the book, and for a few weeks after reading it, I was obsessed with naming our next daughter Katherine. Our first daughter is named after a very noble Greek queen, so I was trying to keep the theme running.

Rachel said...

The little pink box is so cute! Great idea.
Damn you for tagging me with this :-) :-) J/K. I'll do it this week.
I love the potluck monday. I have eight thousand recipes so I can't wait. I will absolutely do a little linkaliciousness for ya!
Smooches.

JCK said...

The boys are adorable!

How come I never get tagged with the easy, cool memes. This book one is great.

And I LOVE the pink box, but now that Jennifer brought up the pink pregnancy thing...I'm getting the shakes and have to leave!!!NoOOOOOOO!

Momo Fali said...

Love the outfit you decided on!

Unknown said...

Yay! The playdate went well. Sounds like fun. And the outfit you chose, I like it - seriously simple, comfy and still trendy. You done good.

Emma in Canada said...

You are right...the book was WAY better than the movie, though my husband went in dreading it and actually liked it. I guess it's all just different expectations.

Your movie tickets are cheaper than ours...mine were $12.50 each, which is actually down from the $13.95 they used to be.

Purple Teacup said...

You picked my outfit!

Post a Comment