Hip, hip hooooooooray for potluckday! Someday, dear reader you will turn to your children and say, "I remember when Potluckday used to be called Monday".

There is a little legal information that I am obligated to post. The I.F.P.A. (Institute For Potluck Advancement) has written me a letter containing a cease and desist order on my negative comments regarding their job performance. I have accepted. In exchange they are not posting last week's ACTUAL menu that I served to my family. That is blackmail fair.

I am contributing egg salad, eggs ala goldenrod over toast, hard boiled eggs and deviled eggs for the potluck today. Do not be disturbed by the altered color of these food items. They were made from the 3 dozen eggs my children colored. M'm. M'm good. Who doesn't love a pink and blue egg salad?



I received one dear reader this week from googling, "says I am abusive". Now, I want to clarify that I wasn't the one who said that. Good luck to you in your search. And to Google...thanks for throwing me under the bus.

Oh goody, the IFPA is presenting this on my behalf:
Potluck, exciting and new
Come Aboard. We're expecting you.
Potluck, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.
The Potluck soon will be making another run
The Potluck promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.
Potluck won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
Yes Potluck! It's Potluck!
Potluck soon will be making another run
The Potluck promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.
Potluck won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
It's Potluck! It's Potluck! It's Potluck!
It's the Potluck-ah! It's the Potluck-ah!

This is what happens when a squirrel runs through my backyard:


Reid(4) has been hounding me to time him while brushing his teeth. They lost the three timers that the dentist gave them so I usually just tell the boys when to start and stop. Last night, exasperated I said, "why don't you just sing the ABC song in your head. When you finish, you can stop brushing your teeth." Reid replied, "how do you sing in your head?" So I tried to show him. I mouthed the words while bobbing my head. He watched a moment and then smiled widely saying, "I hear it!"

The strikingly handsome guys of the IFPA have requested that I post this definition of potluck. It was handed down in a ruling over at Rachael's after she posed the question if it was really a potluck if only tea was served. Their reply: "Any mention of food qualifies for potluck participation. Food is defined as any mention of something edible, something that might be edible or something perceived to be edible. All liquids used for drinking also qualify except for water.*
*Water qualifies when used as a meal replacement or as prescribed by a medical professional. For example: Rachael was too sick to eat, but took sips of WATER. In this case Rachel qualifies for potluck participation." As reported at Always Wanted 4 a potluck manual will be issued soon.


I was recently listening to XM radio in my minivan. They were playing Food Network shows like Rachel Ray and Sandra Lee. Let's take inventory on what senses are actually being used when LISTENING to the Food Network:
smell-nope
taste-nope
sight-nope
touch-nope
hearing-yep, but there really isn't much talking on some of those shows, all you hear is sizzle, bang, "Ooooo that looks great!", sizzle. bang. scrape. "mmmmm".
NOT EFFECTIVE PEOPLE! Who came up with this bright idea? What is next, audio fishing?

Meet my sweet Abilene...Is it coincidence or good taste? The coincidences continue with Jen this week after she received amazing news--Congratulations. You can now add Texas to the list of things we share...3 boys, radiology, bulldogs, being super cute...will the similarities ever end?

Please don't neglect my friends in the pink box. I still don't have a blogroll...I know! I know! So visit the hand-picked, laugh coffee out your nose choices updated constantly in the super-fab box to the right. That didn't sound quite right. I want to clarify that I don't actually hand pick the coffee out of your nose...

18 comments:

cce said...

Wow, that dog snout...it's almost too early for that kind of close-up. I'm thinking that my answer to the call to post photographs of my bloggity blog self before passing a comb through my hair in the morning might be best handled in this way. Line the dog up for her early a.m. shoot and post away. I've been told we look alike. It'll have to do. Happy Potluck Day.

A Mom Two Boys said...

Wow...now that's a face only a mother could love! :0)

I agree. Food Network on the radio is stupid. 75% of the reason I love FN is because I can LOOK at the food they're cooking and soak some of it up, like TV Osmosis. Radio doesn't work for that.

And DJ is like Blog-Steadman. He likes Giada's rack too. Which, upon birth of her child will be even BIGGER, but will most likely be ruined for men, as they'll be vessels of food instead of fun.

Courtney said...

I love your potlucks and I'm glad you clarified about liquids still being a potluck. Another useless piece of info that I'm glad to know.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

1) Love your paver patio. Is that a rainbow play system, too? Love the amount of rocks and sand OUTSIDE the nicely formed play pit. HA! BOYS!

2) Food network on radio? I don't expect it to last. Can't they add another 80's station to XM instead?

3) Glad to be back. I have read all your past posts, but in the interest of time, decided not to comment on the 189 unread posts I had in Google Reader after my 4 day vacation.

KEEP BELIEVING

Rachel said...

That face!! Love it!
I posted a recipe today :-) Mayhaps you'll like it :-)
Have a great Monday sweets, you are too cute.

Suzie said...

How about a radio painting show I think that might work too.

Mike Tobin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Lisa said...

Food Network RADIO? That's just wrong.

Miss Lisa said...

The above deleted comment was me--once again it was signed as my husband--sorry!

Jennifer S said...

Audio fishing? That's hilarious. It would be lots of silence, with an occasional "Dadgum that's a big 'un."

You crack me up. I love Potluckday.

Anonymous said...

How about audio books for silent readers. That would absolutely rock!

Burgh Baby said...

I love, love, love Abilene! Of course, I can't smell her through the computer. Or hear her snoring. Or any of the million other things that make Bulldogs Bulldogs.

Happy (belated) Easter!

Momo Fali said...

When a squirrel runs through our yard, my dog completely flips out. She turns into a total attack dog. You'd think the squirrel was carrying our mail or something.

OHmommy said...

We have the same playground system in our backyard!

Can;t wait to use it when the flipping snow melts. :)

Jen said...

*grinning from ear to ear* THANKS! And, it's DEFINITELY good taste, if I do say so myself.

Oh, and you can totally add "we have the same bag" to your list. Yep, I SO have that super cute bag from your March 14th post. Of course.

Nick & Lizzy said...

Oh my gosh, I wish I had your energy! I love reading your blog...and I feel really tired afterward. ;)

JCK said...

Ahhh...yes, those Love Boat days. Your potluck rocks on Mondays, girl!

Purple Teacup said...

I really need clarification of what a potluck is. My blog is so junior high....

Post a Comment