7:37 AM

Potluck for the Advancement of Stick Figures

Posted by Texasholly |



*yawn*
*stretch*
*look around*
*smile*

My vacation was awesome. I was able to get to many places that I wanted to see. Not every place, but I am going to continue to carve out some time for mini-vacations during the week.

I want to thank you for letting me hang out at your place. All I can say is that ya'll are funny (and GOOOOOOOD). Here are some of my favorite vacation spots:

The bloggess finds out about the birds, the bees and the worms?

Le Shallow Gal cures disease

Rachael murders...herbs?

Mama Bird stages her NYC apartment.

Thursday drive ponders being lost.

Barefoot Foodie is funny even during the apocalypse.

I got caught up at Claudia's Denver Cereal and now she is going to have to write faster because I need to know what happens next...
Note to Claudia: Seriously, I am not kidding. You are going to have to write faster.

What a fun vacation!



Four people who I am going to call psychics based on what I have planned for the rest of the week here at the Nirvana visited me last week through the Google search "best value toilet paper".

*insert ominous foreshadowing music here*


What is up with Holly's coccyx?



It was great. It was good. I had a little set-back. It was improving. And then I took a spill on my Razor scooter.

You have a scooter?

Yes, I was rolling at a fast pace around our circle drive when one of the handles detached and I fell face first onto the pavement catching myself with my chin, my right patella and both unprotected wrists.

Ouch.

I didn't land on my tailbone, but hurting everywhere seems to increase the pain there too.

I know! I am a rolling accident waiting to happen.


Yeah! Let's find out who is Peep(s) of the Week(s):



The first peep of the week made the unfortunate mistake of not leaving his/her name. Crap! They could have been featured in the sidebar. What a disappointment.

You are so boring. It is more enjoyable watching P00P go down a toilet. --Anonymous
Why stay anonymous? Out yourself if you are not in the bathroom and I will add you to the sidebar.

And now for a MUCH nicer peep of the week. An upstanding reader who stands behind what they say. I don't mean to play favorites, but I like this one better. In response to my blog vacation:
What a great idea. I just take a few days and then blog about how guilty I feel for not posting for a few days. You, however, just declare it, make a button and it feels like a party! I knew there was a very good reason for hanging out here! BG
Thanks Jubilee. As you have so wisely pointed out everything is better when there is a button to go with it.* You are peep of the week. Ya, the more I think about it the more I think I will revoke Anonymous' peep status.

*For those of you that would like to take a blog vacation. There are no rules. You can vacation anytime for any length! Grab a button - it makes it look all official.


And now for a little story entitled:
Prejudice against...Stick Figures?

I was working on some second grade homework with Ryan when we came to a part where he needed to draw the characters in a story. He has never been wild about drawing, coloring, or writing so I wasn't surprised when he started resisting.

But I can't draw!

Of course you can. You draw well.

I can only draw stick figures!

So?

I can only draw stick figures!

What is the problem with that? Mommy draws stick figures all the time and posts them on the internet. What is wrong with a stick figure? What do you have against a stick figure? What is your problem with the stick figure? (At this very moment I realized I might be a little defensive of my chosen art...)

Oh, alright!





See, everything IS more fun with a button!


*drum roll*

And now it is time after a week's delay to find out...

*can you feel the excitement?*

What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



3 over ripe bananas, 1 green banana and a Lego octopus.

Now go hug a stick figure today...

32 comments:

the planet of janet said...

oh i'm so putting up your button.

yep. i am.

Manic Mommy said...

Can you draw a stick figure with a big band aid on her chin? Holly's Ambulated Life.

Poor baby.

~j said...

I support stick figures too. my son once got a "C" on a paper for using stick people. they were suppose to retell a Bible story in comic strip form. He doesn't draw well and focused on the story. He got the grade changed when he found other comic strips utilizing stick figures and explained that he thought it was a Bible class, no an art class. =D

I can't find my blog said...

Potluck on Sunday? I'm so unprepared!

Natalie said...

ack! it's sunday. what's going on? why is potluck on sunday? man, and i had planned to bring a steaming pot of turkish iskembe...or for lack of a better translation stinky cow barn soup. oh well. i guess i can wait until next week!

The Stiletto Mom said...

Who is this anonymous person? I personally find you far more interesting than poop flushing down a toilet! This person has no taste, obviously.

Missed you at Blissdom...was a total blast!!

jubilee said...

Oh, thanks Holly! I am giddy with excitement. One of my bloggy goals has been realized. Sigh . . .

WeaselMomma said...

I have met an enormous amount of people who think that both poop and toilets incredibly amusing. Put them together and you have Nirvana!
(full disclosure: study subjects were all >3 years old) But still.

Mozi Esme said...

wow - unpacked already?! sounds like a terrific vacation - i'm going to book my own cruise right now. be right back - save me some banana bread.

Unknown said...

I'm LOVING that you killed anonymous with kindness and made them a peep of the week. That is the coolest. And... stick figures rock. 'Nuff said.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Maybe anonymous should just stay home from the potluck when he/she is so cranky.

The Dental Maven said...

Sounds like anonymous may have a problem with irregularity. Hey anonymous---Exlax and let yourself go, dude.

Pgoodness said...

Hey, at least your stick figures have clothes - mine are always naked!! Love the button.

Ron Davison said...

"Now go hug a stick figure today..."

This almost sounds like a campaign to encourage the acceptance of supermodels. This might bring you a whole new batch of readers.

Threeundertwo said...

That button is on my blog RIGHT NOW. And forever.

Anything for the cause.

Anonymous said...

ahahahahahahahaha.... I'm glad you liked the Denver Cereal. Thanks for the pimp. I'll post your stick figure there and at the Fey.

((hug))

Anonymous said...

Oh, you so funny.

The spill on the scooter sounded awful. Did you get it on video like that water thing your dad had?

And the stick figure button is TOTALLY being added to my sidebar. NOW.

Angie Ledbetter said...

So sorry about your razor mishap! *funny, I've only ever said that to pubescent boys learning to shave before*

I'm so adding your fab ISSF button to my blog! I give you credit for inspiring my Ledbetter Lunacy episode each week, so now I can have the widget to go with it!

Next week's potluck...bruised banana nut bread?? :)

Burgh Baby said...

Where's the chicken? I came here for a chicken photo, and there's no chicken. *ahem*

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

I do think everything seems better with a button. Now, how do I get one in the real world for "mom's sick so seriously, go find something else to do."

Aracely said...

Hah! I knew a mean anonymous comment would land me a Peep of the Week!!

Can you believe anonymous left me a nasty comment too? ME!?! Anonymous is a big fat meanie head!!

Happy Campers said...

You never cease to amaze me...taking the mundane crap of life, like a mom in her 30s crashing her Razor scooter (?????!!!???), and turn it into a funny story.

Although I would have liked a drawing of the above incident. Do you take Stick Requests?

Glad you didn't bust your face too badly.

Rachael said...

Welcome back from your vacation! And, thanks for dropping by while you were out about.

I'm glad there are no rules for the blog vacation, 'cause I'm going to steal this later! You're right. Buttons make everything better.

Shauna said...

So you just think you are a button maker now. Wanna job??

the mama bird diaries said...

So sorry about the scooter accident.

Thank you for the shout-out. I'm going to go kick some "anonymous" ass and then go hug a stick figure.

Jennifer S said...

Thanks for the link (especially for that post)!

Razor scooters are treacherous. Were you wearing a helmet? (And now I'm imagining all of this in stick figure animation. Please tell me you're working on that.)

I think Anonymous should be put in a really long time out. In the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

this is a bit of abstract blog; is there any chance you were born in the winter months?

Funnyrunner said...

I love the randomness of your humor - it's how we should all get through life.

Jenni said...

Some of my best friends are stick figures...

And girl, what are you doing on a Razor scooter? Get yourself a Rascal, instead. Way hotter.

Ash said...

Hope they have a plunger - that POOP is big.

Crabby people totally suck.

I actually flinched at your scooter story. Sorry about that one!!! Ouch.

Louise said...

That Lego Octupus saved the day. I'm always concerned when there is only fruit in the fruit bowl.

LaurieD said...

Your stories are definitely entertaining...so much so, that I would love to be your BFF! Paris Hilton's got nothing on you. ;)

Laurie
UrbanScooters.com

Post a Comment