6:19 AM

This potluck is brought to you by the letter A

Posted by Texasholly |



Hip, hip hoooooray...it is Monday!
*re-evaluation of Holly's caffeine intake inserted here*

Today's potluck features all the food of the world except for brussel sprouts. My friend (and fabulous author of Sleeping with Ward Cleaver) Jenny Gardiner has made the following request:

Please, no brussels sprouts. I can't even abide a no-thank you helping of them!
Nooooooo problem Jenny. I agree. We are just saying no absolutely not.

***
And now
for a new
Nirvana feature...


Proofreading Holly's writing with blog-Stedman!
(and you thought I couldn't top the coccyx segment...)

In the 10-23-08 post What General Mills doesn't want the Mommy Public to Know the following picture and statement are included:
This is a picture of 3 rouge KIX that were found yesterday in my living room approximately 35 feet from the closest table.

Blog-Stedman's analysis:He believes that I might have meant "rogue" instead of "rouge".
Holly's rebuttal: Crap. He's right.
***



Yeah for Google this week! I received a visit from someone who Googled, "anvil nirvana" which coincidentally was an alternate title for my blog and another visitor (OK, in full disclosure I can't be SURE it wasn't the same person) that arrived Nirvanaside after an "aquaskipper girl" search.

In this second step of my plan for world wide web domination, I am slowly dominating all obscure search phrases starting with the letter "A".


What is up with Holly's coccyx?


A tad bit better this week. Thanks for asking!

Chicken of the Week!





Thanks to all who linked in the "it's not me, it's you" marital extravaganza. There are some REALLY funny stuff listed there--seriously, your spouses are lucky to have ya!

This coming Wednesday Mr. Linky will be taking links to posts about MISUNDERSTANDINGS. You know you have them!


Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!



In response to the post entitled, "At any moment roadrunner will run by with a BEEP! BEEP!" about the history of the Nirvana anvil:
I wouldn't worry too much until Ryan E. Coyote (super genius) starts ordering birdseed and lead pellets.
For superior advice, Roger is Peep of the Week!

It was really difficult to choose Peep of the Week this time because there were a plethora (yes, I love that word) of EXCELLENT comments which included unusual things readers had "yelled" at their kids. I am going to start collecting these phrases for future reference. By future reference I mean to re-use them with my own children and also steal them for a future Nirvana post. So, if you have something crazy that you uttered to your children that you are willing to admit, please admit to it in the comments!


What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



A homemade Halloween card addressed to Reid and the remote control to my digital picture frame.

Why does a picture frame have a remote control? Isn't it enough that my television has 7?


May your Monday be full of random phrases that begin with the letter "A" starting with the "ability to find the right television remote"...

Please add to your comment something crazy you said to your kids!

33 comments:

jill jill bo bill said...

I am with you thinking that you were just trying to help out the pale KIX with rouge. At least a little bronzer would've helped. Duh, Blog Stedman.

Brittany said...

I love the chicken pic this week!

And, I made Brussels sprouts for the first time yesterday, and I love them.

Angie Ledbetter said...

I thought the "rouge" Kix were simply red. (Shoulda told B.S. that.)

Love Chicken Little in his crocks! Is he watering the steps?

PS My fruit bowl still has 2 plastic Easter eggs in it, along with real fruit and packets of condiments. If our bowls reflect our peronalities, what's that say about me? :)

Ash said...

Love me some chicken back, especially with a little BBQ sauce.

I'm seriously going to cry when he grows out of those orange Crocs.

Em

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I remember reading the rouge and thinking "Oh no--she means rogue." Maybe blog-Stedman's on to something.

Crazy things? There's been a few. My son's friends seem to be amused when I don't break up out of control wrestling matches, but point that "if you don't want to do it anymore, you need to tap out." They especially love it when it's directed at the littlest girl in the house.

Threeundertwo said...

I routinely yell insane things like "Stop playing with your spit!"

They never listen. It's chaos around here.

Mandy said...

Just stopping in for my dose of potluck!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Hello, Texasholly! Loved your anvil post. Totally made me laugh. One of the best I've read in quite a while.

You and I must be channeling one another. :) I kept a running list of all the crazy things I said over the past week. I think the best comment was, "It is OK to sit on the toilet. It is not OK to put your face in it." When did I become a person that says things like that? Oh yeah, after I had kids! LOL.

To see the list of all the crazy things that flew out of my mouth last week, check out today's post on our blog.

Finally, we've made it official. We are followers of your blog. Just couldn't deny it any longer!

Valarie Lea said...

In regard to proofreading with BlogSteadman, don't worry to much about it, I knew what you were talking about and did not even notice the word use error. :)

Anonymous said...

I recently did a post remembering the day I had to yell "Boys do not play with BOOBS!".....

Can I link here?
Let me try.it has PHOTOS!whaaa?
http://marcywrites.com/2008/10/29/look-at-my-bewbies/

But I say ALL KINDS of wierd things. Mainly it is "Stop killing your brother!"

Casey said...

Holy potluck! I love the chicken too, brussels sprouts are a no no here...

Roger Miller said...

Blog-Stedman should have realized that the Kix were embarassed to have been so far away from the table, and they were blushing, hence the rouge. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Holy Crap! I'm a Peep of the Week, I need to thank the academy of Holly, and everyone that voted for me, oh and my wife and kids and (cue music)...

At least no one has tried Anorexic Nirvana, or Abundant Nirvana, or Acidic Nirvana, or Alcohol Nirvana (blame my dictionary for that one, it was the first word that I saw when I randomly picked a page of 'A.'

I should probably go back to work now. :)

Thanks again for the honor, I think I'm turning rouge myself.

spinning in our own direction said...

As I bet you can guess I have so many things taht have comeo ut of my mouth that I never thought I would say.. THere are so many to choose from but I think my fav is from when Luke was like 2. "Get your brother off the top of the flag pole and don't put him up there again" ... Long story but a funny one I will tell at a later time. Too bad I didn't have ablog then I bet I would be famous by now..

cce said...

"Do not drink your own bath water" Does that count...or is this simply a stern admonishment for a child who is seriously lacking in the concept of personal hygiene?

I can't find my blog said...

I'm guessing since there are no brussel sprouts there won't be any beets?

Burgh Baby said...

I never thought I would have a moment when I would be grateful that my digital frame does not have a remote. The hell? Who needs a remote?

Elizabeth said...

Snorkie loves to play with the digital picture frame...blessedly, he always puts the remote back where it belongs. Love that chicken Boy!

Anonymous said...

I'm finally de-lurking to share the most recent crazy things I've said...

"Did you put it in your mouth or on a tissue?"

and

"I'm busy, can you just wipe it on your shirt?"

Both to my three-year-old-son, and as a mom with boys, I'm sure you've probably said something quite similar!

Christy

Unknown said...

Confirmation of my dyslexia. I totally read "rogue" instead of "rouge" the first time. Dammit.

Jenni said...

What do I have to yell at my children?

To my 7 year old son:
"I said STOP playing with your NIPPLES."

To both sons:
"ONE at a TIME at the toilet! You're crossing streams and splashing pee everywhere!:

Anonymous said...

My worse parental line is
"is that from the toilet?" in reference to a tea party where no water was available except the toilet due to a power outage.

Feel free to gag.

Anonymous said...

"Get your face out of your sisters crotch!"

Thank god they were clothed, and too young to know why face to crotch interaction is unacceptable.

Jenny Gardiner said...

Holly! I'm so honored to be the forbidden veggie of the week! Just say no to brussels sprouts!
I had to laugh at the rouge kix--the 2nd grade spelling champ freak in me picked up on that too...But if Blog Stedman can comment on your errors in your blog, can you comment on his professional faux pas?

Anonymous said...

Hun, I can save you SO much time and trouble, just send me your posts and I'll edit them for you. Best to keep blog-Stedman out of the equation. I'm an editor by trade, you know. I've got it covered.

P.S. I have yet to yell anything at my little Bean, but I yell plenty of weird stuff at my husband in regards to the Bean. My current favorite is "HE'S IN THE TOILET AGAIN AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT."

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Watch out for those rogue Kix. Otherwise you'll have to answer "What's up with Holly's Coccyx?" with: She slipped on Kix - and she doesn't approve.

Veronica Foale said...

Are you sure it's still Monday there? I mean, it's 2pm Tuesday here, so wouldn't potluck technically be finished?

Or is that just the price I pay for living on the other side of the world.

jubilee said...

I've actually yelled, "There better be blood to go along with all that screaming."

After reading Roger's comment on this post, I vote he should get Peep next week too. BG

Dennis and Leslie said...

Love the chicken picture today!

Does yelling, "Stop licking your daddy's feet!!" at the dog, then yelling, "Stop letting him lick your feet!!" at my fiance count??? I don't have kids.... Just think how funny it would be if I were yelling it at a child, use your imagination people!

Anonymous said...

Miss Holly? If I said anything to my 'kids'? I'd be crazy. They'd lock me up.

JCK said...

I know they're soft and squooshy and cozy, BOY, but they're my breasts.

Terri Tiffany said...

Made my husband sit down (and turn the volume off of the tv for a sec) and read some of your funny posts!!

Terri Tiffany said...

Made my husband sit down (and turn the volume off of the tv for a sec) and read some of your funny posts!!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

O.K. one of the strangest things I ever said to my kids was..."Who made the the fluffernutter explode in the pantry? And how..."
On thinking it over I retracted the second question as it occurred to me I didn't want to know how. And, in reality I didn't even really care who. I can tell you however, that if you ever do have fluff explode in your pantry you will never get it completely out.

Post a Comment