Holiday potluck! What a treat. Step right in and have a seat.

Really, I will stop with the rhyme thing.

This is the first potluck in the new place so I think catering might be my best option. I don't want to have to leave the party to burn cook food, open windows to rid the new place of smoke serve food or call the fire department to come turn off the smoke alarms clean up. Not like ANYTHING like that has EVER happened to me.

Ryan(7) had a friend(6) over last week and Reid(4) was doing some little-brother-attention-seeking-behavior that was about to get him into trouble. I didn't want to embarrass him in front of his older brother and guest so I pulled him aside and whispered into his ear some suggestions to improve his behavior. He responded by screaming, "I HEAR YOU!" like he was eavesdropping on our conversation.


A few dear readers have arrived after Googling, "Ward Cleaver Nirvana". *light bulb moment* Could that be my next expansion step in my quest for worldwide blog domination?

I also have become a source for beaver trapping information seekers. I sure hope my wardrobe suggestions come in handy for them. Glad to help the Beaver Trappers of America fight the frump.


Reid(4) was sitting in the back seat of the minivan in the middle of a drive without any context he asked, "so am I going to marry a girl or what?"

Speaking of minivans, this is very funny!

This week I am changing up the fruit bowl thing a bit:

This week I am making it, "What is in Holly's large rubbermaid food storage container"....

potatoes? nope.
sweet potatoes? nope.
rotten sweet potatoes? nope. (sorry, MoscowMom)
small watermelon? nope.

It is....

a mouse. A LIVE MOUSE. A live mouse that I trapped underneath my dining room table. A live mouse that I trapped underneath my dining room table in competition with my cat.

All God's creatures love Holly.

One more reason NOT to eat left-overs at my house.


My niece graduated from highschool on Saturday. It was a beautiful graduation and it was fun to see extended family. Congratulations Allison!

Happy Memorial Day!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

A live mouse and the cat??? hmmmm I can imagine screaming kids watching and it will be fun :)

Bing

http://mygrowingdaughter.eachday.com

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I laughed right out loud at Reid's marriage question!

Jennifer S said...

Beaver trapping, mouse trapping...your mad skills amaze me. Were you wearing shorty pajamas this time, too? And how's your record on mountain lions? Get back to me.

I'm dying to know how you answered Reid? So cute.

Anonymous said...

You caught a mouse? Without the help of a trap? Either you are super speedy, or your mice are slow.

Seriously, I had a mouse in the kitchen today that moved so fast all I could see was a blur.

Maybe my mice are hopped up on sugar crumbs.

Madge said...

you and the wild things.

love 'so, am i going to marry a girl or what?'

love love love the new place. maybe i should get a place of my own..... i'm thinking about it....

Miss Lisa said...

I'm thinking you have a future with animal control ;)

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

More animals? Lucky you.

Rachel said...

Love the Google finds :-) Too funny.
I laughed at AB's minivan post too. Happy Monday sweets.

MoscowMom said...

Oy, Oy, Oy!!!! I'll take the rotten sweet potatoes any time!!!! :-) You sure have had one heck of year with the critters...

Manic Mommy said...

LOVE the new Look! So retro!

What was your answer to the marriage question? My HRH wanted to know how old you have to be to be a Daddy. I told him "thirty."

Anonymous said...

Do you think Reid was asking your permission? If you have even 1/1000th of the Texas evil mil in you, he should definitely start asking NOW. Maybe by the time he's 25 you'll agree? ;)

Hmmm, I think I'm projecting a bit in this comment.

Ron Davison said...

You know, you just make me feel like such an amateur when I see what you've done with your blog. And I do love the thought eruptions from that age - " ... or what?" When we get older, we know it is not appropriate to just blurt out things: we get blogs instead and write posts.

Louise said...

Cute questions from Son! What did you say?

About the mouse.....

Maybe you should start an extermination service (or relocation service) of some sort. You seem to have an unnatural talent with all God's creatures!

And I'm glad you caught it! I stupidly tried to save one from a cat once, and picked it up. (Not one of my brighter moments.) IT BIT ME! (What was I expecting?) Went through the whole rabies scare and all. Trapping is a much better plan!

Anonymous said...

You're like snow white. Pretty soon, there will be whitetail deer in your fruit bowl ;)

Anonymous said...

Beaver trapping and fighting frump. You do not fool around, woman!

PS- love the pimped out new look. Very snazzy.

Valarie Lea said...

Love what you have done with the place, very very cool!!

anymommy said...

I also love your new look. And, you are a brave, mouse-trapping girl. We had one get a bit toasty in the wiring behind our stove once. Blech. That will put you off potluck.

JCK said...

Live mouse in house?

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Mouse??? Yikes! When is trash day? Mice do not deserve to be let free, unless they are lame and you see a hawk nearby.

KEEP BELIEVING

Purple Teacup said...

You have way too many animals.....

Bananas said...

You trapped a mouse in tupperware??? that is seriously giving me the willies right about now.

Jenny Gardiner said...

Oh I love the mouse bowl!
Reminds me of my best friend--we went one night and she was pulling out a serving bowl and her daughters said "Eewww, mom! Don't use the throw-up bowl!"
Uh, yeah, mom. Don't use the throw-up bowl! (still trying to figure out how a bowl could contain it, really. I mean we use a trash can around here!)

Urology Surgery in India said...

Great post and thanks for sharing....

Post a Comment