6:47 AM

Monday morning potluck, anti-oxident edition...

Posted by Texasholly |

GOOD MONDAY MORNING! Are you awake? Are you awake? Are you awake? At this point are you thinking, "Why is Holly so perky and annoying?" Because its potluck!

This one is dedicated to my brother because he said to me this week, "what's with the potluck?" WHAT'S WITH THE POTLUCK? Potlucks don't need an explanation! Of course, a few months ago he said, "what's with the blog?" and now he is hooked. Yep, he will soon be bringing food to share.

My potluck contribution is yummy and nutritious. I pulled the juicer out of the cupboard that I have had for years, made a trip to Costco for large quanitities of fresh fruit and have been juicing my little heart out. My favorite is the pineapple, orange and banana combo. Drink up! It may help ward off all the illness crud that is going around these days and I want my readers to be healthy....although, if you are bored at home with nothing to do but read blogs...just kidding.

Against all odds this blog is being written with a cranky baby on lap.

During the weeks amd weeks we were sick (Illness Watch 2008...get your badge here) Reid(4) missed a karate class. He and Ryan(6) are in the same class so he is used to going with his brother. I took him to make up the class and his brothers were along for the ride. He started fussing before we got to the studio, but Reid can usually be talked out of a tantrum so I wasn't too worried. We get there and it turns into a full-blown scream fest to the effect that he is NOT going to participate. Now what? I can't reward this behavior by going home, but I can't physically force him to participate. We ended up sitting and watching the entire class. That is a lot of fun, watching a karate class that your kid is not participating in with 3 boys....let's do it again! Which is what we have to do because we still haven't made up the class. Episode II, I load up the minivan with all the boys and tell Reid he has to participate (you might want to be taking notes on this amazing parenting technique). We get there and Reid starts to lose it again. He kicks and screams and cries. One of the female teachers takes him aside and talks to him, 10 minutes into the 30 minute class he is still in tantrum-mode. She brings him back and asks Ryan if he would help his brother by joining class. Ryan is a HUGE help and says yes even though he is not dressed for the occasion and was happily playing video games. The minute Reid hits the mat, his is a new person. In fact, within 1 minute he was volunteering to do something, huh? I can't explain this one. Oh, the clencher was that AFTER class I found out that Ryan was a class behind as well so he could and should have been making up a class with Reid. Ugh. I can't keep up.

Blog-Stedman broke down and bought "Rock Band" yesterday which is a derivitive of "Guitar Hero". He is spookingly great at Guitar Hero. I am in favor of the singing portion of Rock Band. So, please come over because we need a bass player. I think he is wondering (like every teenage boy in America) why his mad skillz on Guitar Hero can't translate to a more enjoyable employment. Unfortunately, it is not listed in the want adds or desirable on resumes.

17 comments:

A Mom Two Boys said...

What IS IT with Guitar Hero? Sheesh.

And the tantrum thing? Fun. Really fun.

Thanks for the juice. I'm the only one NOT sick, so I need all the help I can get. Which reminds me, I need to go wake sickie baby up to feed him before we go!

Have a good day!

Courtney said...

I have to once again say that I love your blog. Sorry about the tantrums, but at least you still made him watch. That is too funny that Ryan needed a class too so the whole thing could have been avoided.

Burgh Baby said...

What do you mean you can't get a job just because you play Guitar Hero really well? What the hell is my husband doing playing it like it IS his job then? Grr . . .

I'll be over in a few minutes. I don't know how to play bass, but I can learn, right?

spinning in our own direction said...

HA HA HA I KNEW It!! It took much longer than expected though..We were sure you would have had it last weekend.. You want to know what is really hillarious. I tried all wekend into talking Jason into buying the drums and the game for Rock band. no luck!! I bet Blog Stedman kicks butt on the drum portion. He is at a totally unfair advantage!! I sooo think we need to budget some of our poker time into playing rockband.. Oh maybe we can incorporate it into homeschool. totally do a lesson on rythym..then the kids can go play and the mommys can rock out!!!

carmen said...

I'll come play bass for you! I've secretly always wanted to play bass. Teenage son,(oops, I mean hubby!) and Girl #1 duke it out often in Guitar Hero. They even got my mom to play -- that's a photo I'll never delete!

Happy Campers said...

I'm glad karate class worked out in the end :) All those make up classes are sure hard to keep up with...I can't imagine if I had three kiddos!

Anonymous said...

I'll meet you and the trio over at Stonebriar. I need some of your perky juice. I'm feeling another sinus infection coming on.

Rachael said...

I love the drums on rock band. Soooo addictive, yet I am terribly, horrible at it.

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I hear so much about Guitar Hero. How is it I have 3 boys and do not own this game? We apparently live with Patrick under his rock.

I LOVE temper tantrums. I mean, they totally keep you on your mommy game, no? Ugh.

Btw, I purchased some fine floating frames today. Very excited about it.

Jennifer S said...

That whole karate thing sounds like torture. Maybe you should take karate so you can frighten your boys with your cool karate moooooves whenever they threaten a full-on tantrum. Might work.

Miss Lisa said...

Yeah for big brothers! Happy the karate class worked out in the end.
Please add something for the over 21 crowd in my juice--I've had a fab day ;)

JCK said...

They are always outfoxing us. It sounds like Reid likes to have Ryan there and since that is the usual scenario, it threw him off to not have Ryan in the class. Possible? That is how my girl is..she gets thrown by sudden changes. Or, they could just be trying to make you nuts. :)

Nora said...

Oh, that Guitar Hero is everywhere! I still haven't played it ever.

Unknown said...

You sound like so much fun. I think I'll come over and share a glass of juice. *smooches*

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Guitar Hero bring the family together in a Partridge Family sort of way.

Candi said...

I am also wondering why I can't rock out like this on a real guitar. I love Guitar hero and I am almost afraid to look to see what this Rock Band thing is all about. You get to sing too? I will not go to amazon.com. I will not go to amazon.com... I won't I won't..

Post a Comment