Ever since Ryan(8) started to talk we have suspected that he has a future in the legal profession. He has shown excellence in the field of debate. He has a passion for justice. He has a gift for finding the loophole.

Should we send him to third grade or law school?

I am now wondering if any sort of school is necessary...maybe we should just send him straight to Congress.

Why Congress?

He has placed earmarks in the Nirvana budget through creative interpretation of the law.

The law: The boys each get a weekly allowance according to age. On each birthday their allowance increases by $1 per week.

Ryan recently had a birthday so his allowance was increased.

Blog-Stedman and I then overheard him calculating new allowance rates for both Reid(5) and Rhett(3) whose birthdays are in June and December. These calculations were made with plans for increased brotherly spending on his behalf.

Me: Ryan! Reid and Rhett's allowances won't go up until their birthday. Only yours goes up this month.

Ryan: *with a twinkle of understanding in his eyes* You said we get an extra dollar on EACH birthday.

At that rate he will be receiving a Congressional salary before getting out of middle school...

18 comments:

Halftime Lessons said...

LOL Smart kid... youve got some pretty cool kids over there, girl...

So, I have something special planned for tomorrow...I hope you'll come see. Knowing your sense of humor, I think you can tell me pretty quick if it's funny or not...

My wife laughed, so that's a good sign...maybe...

Louise said...

DEFINITELY send him straight to Congress. He's already smarter than at least half of the people there!

the planet of janet said...

well. he has THAT all figured out.

WeaselMomma said...

Jeez, keep him out of D.C.! That's all we need is more tax and spend, pork barrel, pets earmark, pocket picking politician who's the the family business!!!!! Isn't it enough that his fathers President??????

Manic Mommy said...

Start planning for your own bridge to nowhere! You'll be paying for it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you have a clever one. I'd definitely start planning my decor for the mother's quarters in the White House if I were you.

Brittany said...

OMG he will be president!

I love that parenting now requires fine print:)

Anonymous said...

now you have to harness that power for good :)

Miss Lisa said...

I'd be very concerned if he decides to just print his own money for increases....however he'd fit in DC ;)

Unknown said...

OH man, he's good. You're right, he'd fit right in in DC. ; )

Rachel said...

That's how we do allowances, too.
He is ONE SMART cookie!!
:-) YAY mom.

Danielle said...

I the AIG execs would like him on their side! ;)

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

He is one smart (and diabolical!) cookie!!! Gotta love that!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is one smart kiddo. I am totally impressed. (and a little scared)

Ash said...

Loopholes! Always looking for the %$#@! loopholes.

On a limb with Claudia said...

hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee

Will you really give them $18/mo when they are 18? That's a lot of money for a high school kid.

Elizabeth said...

Hey Holly,
We do the same $1.00 per year...but we TAX them, necessitate tithing, and split the rest equally into quick cash, med term savings & college fund...not a bad system. We are using the tax money to buy materials for a giant sandbox for the backyard!
Gotta love the idea that he wanted each of them to get a dollar more for each OTHERS birthdays!!!
Pax.

OldWestMom said...

Greetings

This story CRACKED ME UP. Actually, I've been lurking on here for a little while. Why I've never piped in, I'll never know.

So I sheepishly left you an award on my site, to make amends for being the creepy lurker.

Post a Comment