5:23 AM

Potluck. That is all, nothing else.

Posted by Texasholly |



Happy Potluckday everyone. So glad you came to partake in the potluck festivities.

Speaking of festivities...

Tomorrow I am running a 24 hour contest for something really fun.

24 hours ONLY.

It will start at 12:01 tonight - run through the entire 24 hours of January 13, 2009.

So, please stop by tomorrow!




Someone arrived Nirvanaside this week by Googling, "3 year old pain in the butt". I am not sure whether they meant coccyx or children, but I think I qualify on both accounts.

Speaking of it...

What is Up with Holly's Coccyx?



A triumphal return to 5:30 yoga (yes, that is am).
Maybe not quite triumphal...
more like a yawning, sore and grumpy return.

Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!



In response to Holly's Animated Life adventure, "It is jeanetic":

"Oh my gosh, I'm going to totally try the men's next time...will I need to bring a sock? or do they provide that...like a nylon at the shoe store?" --Danielle
and
"Be warned. Putting your hands in the front pockets, makes your crotch itch. I've seen it happen many many times." --Jill

For making me both laugh and re-think the men's jean thing, Danielle and Jill are Peeps of the Week!

And now for a little story...

I spent all day Sunday (NOT an exaggeration) cleaning out a toy closet. It hasn't been touched since Christmas other then to open the door and do the coordinated shove & close.

I am baffled by the way that toys can un-sort themselves into the biggest possible mess. It is a reverse big bang theory.

I pull out a plastic bin that is supposed to contain hot wheels and this is how it goes:

lego, tinker toy, Mr. Potatohead's feet, a sticker sheet, lego, 4 magnets stuck together from 2 different magnet sets, 2 puzzle pieces (not from the same puzzle), lego, random bulldozer, transformer missing an arm and head, lego, Lincoln log cowboy figurine, Geo Trax bale of hay, lego, walkie-talkie, beanie baby-snake, lego snake, rubber snake, lego, Happy Meal toy, lego....
All that sorting in the Hot Wheel container and not a Hot Wheel in sight.

Legos have made a full Nirvana infiltration. They are small, but rapidly multiply. They are the rabbits of toys.

I was working on sorting containers of just legos when I noticed this:



Wha?

Did someone give my children the Lego Ku Klux Klan set for Christmas and I just didn't notice?

I turned him over fully expecting that what I saw on the other side would clear up that thought:



Nope.

But really, what is this?


What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



1 lime, 2 lemons, 3 brown bananas and a 1/2 of an open packet of K2O Protein Water in Pink Lemonade.

May your toys be free of prejudice today...

P.S. Don't forget to visit tomorrow!

29 comments:

WeaselMomma said...

That Lego dude has to be Patrick Star(of SpongeBob fame) in a spacesuit.

Angie Ledbetter said...

A cone-headed mortgage juggler from A.C.O.R.N.?

Unknown said...

Totally Patrick from SpongeBob, like Weselmomma said. Not sure what's up with his outfit though.

Still laughing at "3 year old pain in the butt." ha ha ha......

Doublebanker said...

Love the "3 year old pain in the butt"

However they find the site is good right??

spinning in our own direction said...

YOU FOUND ONE!! YOU ACTUALLY SAW ONE!!!!
I ahve heard of these guys before but never seen them... That is one of he aliens that come in the middle of the night and scatter legos and other small toys all through your house.. WOW..I can't believe you caught one!! I've been looking for them for years...

Louise said...

That weaselmomma knows here stuff. I am so impressed. I wouldn't have had the smallest clue.

I never like it when fruit is in your fruit bowl.

Anonymous said...

I could barely read past 5:30am yoga. Wow.

the planet of janet said...

legos are the herpes of toys. you can't get rid of them and they keep popping up when you least expect -- or want -- them.

(my son actually made this comment about glitter and crafting, but i think it applies here too.)

Anonymous said...

Yup, my thought was Patrick too...but I didn't know he joined a white sepremecist group....yikes!

Jenni said...

We did an epic cleaning of the toy closet last weekend... Who BUYS my kids all this crap to shut them up in the store or reward them for 100 percent spelling tests or out of working mother guilt???

WHO???

Misty said...

um... a deep sea diver?
A jaundice toy with a balloon for a face?

I have no idea. Good news is, the badge and the "Zipper" indicate that it is not KKK related, as once feared.

Goldfish said...

I checked with an expert. I showed my four-year-old son your mystery lego-thing and said, "Who's this?" Without blinking he said, "Patrick. Mom, why are you looking at pictures of legos when it's time to go to preschool?"

jubilee said...

Maybe it's a banana dressed up as an astronaut for Halloween?

Getting up at 5:30am for ANYthing should mean that you get to be Peep O' The Week.

Rachael said...

Oh. The toys. And the legos. Don't even get me started.

The Mom Jen said...

Patrick looks like an adult toy from behind...odd.

Valarie Lea said...

It looks like Patrick Star from the SpongeBob Episode, where they stole Sandy's Rocket ship and crashed back into Bikini Bottom, and then took the whole town hostage, because they thought they were aliens.

Should I be scared that I knew all that??

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My first thought was Lego marital aid. Yuck.

Veronica Lee said...

Great blog. Welcome to MBC!

Manic Mommy said...

I'm not proud that I know this but...

(a) it's Patrick
(b) the acorn on his shirt is the logo for the group that sponsor's Sandy's research in Bikini Bottom.

There, I said it. I'm off to read People magazine now. I suck.

Ron Davison said...

Is the Lego a delegate of pinheads for progress? The author of Space Travel for Dummies? A large faced fish in a very, very small bowl?
Do you know the answer to this puzzle and are just withholding it from us? Or could I have provided just one answer and feigned expertise on this subject, leaving you unable to refute it?

Brittany said...

Hmmm...the 'ole HAZMAT leggo...always a stumper...

Momo Fali said...

That's from the Radioactive Lego set.

Ash said...

I'm fairly certain that's Patrick from the "Sex Ed" episode of Sponge Bob - but I can't remember if he's supposed to be a condom or sperm.

Linda S said...

I can now spell coccyx! awesome!!!

jill jill bo bill said...

I think Snake(commenter #15) snuck Patrick in there. And WHAT?! No snake wine? I demand snake wine as POW.

Natalie said...

i totally knew patrick was a racist. i just knew it!

Roger Miller said...

Looks like some sort of Space Park Ranger - the clue being the nut, of course.

If I don't get a chance to join the fun tomorrow, have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Yay!

Heck, with my sleep patterns I may be here at 12:01Am anyway. :)

JCK said...

Is he a Lego dude or something else more sinister....

Noob Mommy said...

Yes.. I'd have to agree with the others that Lego KKK is Patrick. However, seriously hilarious. He totally is a spittin image of a clan member...ok, hilarious and scary.

Post a Comment