6:02 AM

Potluck of Collapsed Chickens

Posted by Texasholly |



Wow it seems like a year since the last potluck.

Yeah for Monday (although Ryan isn't returning to school until Wednesday so really it is Yeah for Wednesday)!

Today I am serving up waffles like there is no tomorrow. You can find my world famous waffle recipe over at Burbmom. Mmmmm.



I went over to my Analytics to find that someone Googled, "The greatest blog in the entire world and the Northern parts of heaven. Amen." and ended up here.

Well, actually I went over to Analytics to find that NO ONE had visited me for 2 weeks...I forgot to re-install it into my fancy new template. I should have more valid information next week.

It appears that 2008 was the Year of the Chicken:



I know! I know! I am sad too...


What is up with Holly's coccyx?


Not too much.


Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!



In response to my fabulous non-list New Year's Resolution:

"My resolution is to be completely honest with my friends....So here goes...
This is the dumbest resolution I have ever heard of. Whew. I said it. I expect a list of your resolutions by the end of the day."


For telling it like it is and scaring me into list-making, Shauna is Peep of the Week!


Even if the chicken is rare, the silliness is well-done:




What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



Just two of the pears that weren't ripe enough to eat last week.

May you slurp life through a Twizzler today...

26 comments:

Shauna said...

So excited to be the Peep of the Week. If I knew that brutal honesty and meanness was what it took to get here - I would have run with that a lot sooner!

Jess said...

Howdy! New reader here, I love it over here! I added you to the blogroll, so I'll def be back!

xo,

-Nerdy

The Stiletto Mom said...

Congrats on the lack of activity with your coccyx! No news is good news. :)

I threw my kids out the door this morning. Sad to see the holiday break end but ready to get back to real life!

Happy Campers said...

My stepmom tried to convince me as a kid that sipping milk through a Twizzler was a huge treat. I still think it's disgusting. Rhett sure looks CUTE slurping his Twizzlers! :)

Miss Lisa said...

I love the last photo!

Yes, it appears 2008 was the year of the chicken :)

Anonymous said...

My kids discovered Twizzlers as straws not long ago. Or maybe I taught them. Who remembers? :)

Anonymous said...

Is that a chicken hat? I can't make it out. Maybe my brain is still much from the two week Christmas break with my kids. Too much Wii, I guess.

Anonymous said...

I meant my brain is mush, not much. Proved my point without meaning to.

Anonymous said...

YUM! It's Monday and there's food! You are starting this week off the right way girl.

We should all slurp life through a twizzler, cherrylicious baby! ;-)

Have to check out your waffle recipe!!

~j said...

the chicken of the week picture made me sad. =(

Valarie Lea said...

The chicken has moulted :(

Anonymous said...

Twizzlers. Yummy. Did you get my email? Feb. 21st?

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

No twizzlers--no! never again! Only fruits and vegetables and lean proteins. Ah, for the metabolism of a child.

Anonymous said...

When the chef is sweeter than his creation. Ooo, I could just eat your little darling up!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Need to get some new cherry Twizzlers. Do they melt if you suck up coffee through them??

Unknown said...

Oh Man! NO more chicken? Not fair!

Anonymous said...

For the first time in over twenty years, I want Twizzlers.

Ash said...

Twizzlers - had them for breakfest. Honest truth!

Just my way of rebelling after being confined in the house with three people watching my every move for the last two weeks.

I'm crazy like that.

Anonymous said...

I love the new design over here. It's fabulous.

Roger Miller said...

The Coccyx is normal, and the chicken has retired, now all we need is Al Franken to steal an election, and - oh he did? Okay themn, all is good with the world (except the Franken part).

Jenni said...

The skin is the best part...

Rachael said...

Can't wait to see what will replace the chicken!

Anonymous said...

Potluck makes my Mondays. Can't wait to see what's on the menu in 09.

Threeundertwo said...

Your blog layout change inspired me to change mine. I still don't have all the code updated either. And it's not as cute as yours.

I feel like a little sister imitating a pro. . .

Maggie May said...

amen!

Teri said...

Thank you for explaining that the red thing is a Twizzler. I was confused. Seriously.

Post a Comment