7:34 PM

The potluck in search of cake

Posted by Texasholly |



Merry Monday and a Happy Potluck. I am hoping that by bringing the holiday spirit into my potluck today my Christmas cards will magically be addressed, my packages wrapped and the scent of baking fills my home.

Speaking of baking. I am in the mood for cake. Let's just have that at the potluck. Cake. That's all. Well, and maybe some coffee. Yep, coffee and cake. Maybe even get a little wild and have coffee cake. Whoa.




Someone landed on the Nirvana this week after Googling, "can you talk macaroni and cheese to a potluck crock pot". I don't know exactly what they were looking for but I can sleep comfortably at night knowing that they probably ended up at the right place. I don't know anywhere else that talks a potluck dish more than I do.


And now for a bedtime story...



This is what Rhett has insisted on taking to bed with him this week. Yep, that is a power ranger battery powered toothbrush in green and an empty Wii Monkey Ball package. I have stopped asking questions like, "why?" and spent my energy arranging random items next to him and tucking them in.


What is up with Holly's coccyx?



I am asking for a new coccyx for Christmas.

Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!



In response to my refusal to post a coccyx update based on the fact that I awarded Peep of the Week to ANONYMOUS last potluck (that was super confusing...sorry):

No coccyx update?? NOOooooo! But I had a super witty, super clever, truly hysterical coccyx comment all cocked and ready! But now you're never going to hear it!

For not only making me laugh with your comment, but also making me regret my little tantrum, Manic Mommy is Peep of the Week!

Look what is back this week:

Chicken of the Week!





What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



5 baking potatoes, 4 oranges, 4 green apples, 4 red apples, a lemon, 2 over-ripe bananas and a bunch of perfectly ripe bananas.

Mmmm....all that fruit would go nicely with some cake.

Nevermind.

I think I will skip the fruit and just eat the cake.



May you be tucked into bed with something dear (no matter how random) this Monday...

...maybe even cake.

25 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Love dat chicken close-up, and that you have a veggy in your FRUIT bowl! :)

Here's a post on making the best cup of cafe au lait to go with all your cake: http://angie-ledbetter.blogspot.com/2008/09/blogging-thoughts-one-for-you.html

Mandy said...

I'm catching the potluck early this time! Hope you have a great week!

Sticky said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...cake...

Threeundertwo said...

Your DNA is weirder than my DNA.

the planet of janet said...

you making banana bread soon?

anymommy said...

I would go to bed with cake. That is just as dirty as it sounds. That's like sticky, frosting on the sheets dirty, for any perverted readers!

WeaselMomma said...

Mmmmm, I like the cake and coffee potluck. I like it a little too much. That's why I need to be tucked in with a sits-ups or stairmaster by osmosis thingamabob.

Connie said...

What is up with the toddlers lately. My kids is taking so much stuff to bed with him that there is very little room for him!

I'm thinking of making cake for Christmas Day...anyone have a good recipe for Red Velvet?

Manic Mommy said...

Peep of the Week! And cake! How much better can it get? Maybe my shopping will be done, cards addressed, and baking...nope. Can't even lie about the baking. I'm not a baker.

Linda S said...

Nothing better than cake..thanks for a super start to Monday! Happy thoughts!

Courtney said...

Green power ranger tooth brush? I wouldn't mind the white one tucked in with me. (When my brother used to watch power rangers, I used to think the white one was soooo cute!)

Teri said...

I used to have to tuck my youngest son is very tightly with whatever animal he had with him at the time. He especially liked his Rudolph. I couldn't leave until both he and Rudolph were tucked in so tightly that they could hardly breathe.

I miss those days.

Anonymous said...

I have only one thing to say: Pumpkin Pound Cake - breakfast of champions.

Burgh Baby said...

OK, who angered the chicken? DON'T ANGER THE CHICKEN!

Beck said...

That chicken! He is cute!
The need for cake IS pressing, but I would avoid that microwave cake-in-a-mug that I've been reading about all over the place - it's supposed to be stomach-painingly awful.

Anonymous said...

"Let them eat cake..."
Wonderful, wonderful words!

Beth Cotell said...

Based on the look Rhett is giving that toothbrush, I don't think he likes how you've tucked them in. Perhaps a more random tucking would be to his liking...he is a little boy after all...they don't like things so neat!

Misty said...

perhaps the fullest I've seen your bowl, I am indeed impressed...

I gave you an award...

Unknown said...

I love cake. Chocolate with white icing please...

Ron Davison said...

"power ranger battery powered?" Is that like the office of redudancy ofice? could it just be ranger battery powered or power ranger toothbrush? Well, at least it was not un-bloggable. He might have taken battery powered monkey balls to bed with him. I guess the real lesson is that anything seems comforting as long as a pacifer is included.

Ash said...

Important question - is Wii Monkey Ball any fun?

And Rhett, absolutely precious and adorable as ever, but the chicken suit is looking a little Liberace this week. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You definitely want me at the potluck--I can make some tasty cake. Just ask my Bitches! Or Bossy.

Jenni said...

I think your fruit bowl should have 4 calling birds, 3 french hens, 2 turtle doves,

AND

a potluck on a Moooonday...

JCK said...

I can bring some milk chocolate covered toffee. But, I don't sleep with a toothbrush by my side. Hope that works.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you still have problems with the coccyx - have you tried acupuncture? That's the only thing that works for my neck/back/sacrum pain.

((hug)) Life's too short to live with so much pain!

Post a Comment