6:26 AM

Potluck. Yep, a potluck

Posted by Texasholly |



Wow. The fact that it is Monday again is a little dizzy-inducing. Is it just me, or did last week seem to include only 5 days?

Today we are all having tuna at Jenn's house! I am sure she won't mind if we stop over....

I'll have to go with any tuna dish. I will never eat tuna anywhere but home where I have immediate access to a tooth brush and some mouthwash.
So grab your toothbrushes and let's form an orderly line.



As you know I try to help each reader here at the Nirvana. Unfortunately, these Google-searching folks didn't get much help from me:
1. "how to get 8+ cleavers"
2. "i dream star fruit"
3. "what was the weather life march 9 2007 in texas?"

Now, just to show I care I want to note that I DID help some people out last week:
1. "how to wash keen sandals in the dishwasher"
2. "coccyx laughter"
3. "sexy june cleaver"

I was supervising Reid's (5) bath the other evening and helping him wash his hair. He asked (in a very grumpy tone), "why do we have to wash our hair EVERY NIGHT?" I responded, "because your mommy is super mean". Reid looked up through wet and soapy eyes and said, "you aren't super".


What is up with Holly's coccyx?



Today, at Colleenv218's twitter request (BTW for those non-twitterers, it is Colleen from Mommy Always Wins):
I think you should include the status updates on everyone ELSE'S coccyx in next week's Monday Potluck
So, please leave a comment on YOUR current coccyx status!


It's time to find out who is Peep of the Week!



In response to chicken of the week and general potluck silliness:
A warning to other potluckers: Stay away from Holly's chicken. It looks a little funny.

Congratulations Heidi! You are this week's Peep of the Week!


Which brings us to Chicken of the Week...



If you are looking for me and I am not here or in real life then check Twittermoms.

What is in Holly's fruit bowl?

A random and lost votive candle.

May you remember to avoid funny chicken this Monday...

30 comments:

ShallowGal said...

I'm a little disturbed by the chicken holding a chicken. Is he one of those cannibal chickens?

xoxo, SG

Suburban Correspondent said...

You know, we latecomers have not been able to figure out the coccyx joke (or maybe it's just me). Could you link to the explanation?

Burgh Baby said...

Um, since when did boy chickens give birth to baby chickens?

Angie Ledbetter said...

Hey, before somebody else requests, can I borrow your little chicken for Halloween? No, I'm not dressing as Col. Sanders...but as a giant egg. (Gladly trade a 16, 17, or 19-y.o. for the day!) ;)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Holly is definitely the hostest with the mostest. Thanks.

Larissa said...

Where as my coccyx isn't having any issues, the entirety of areas SURROUNDING it? O.M.G.

Let's just say that I have a herniated disk, a 2nd disk that is slipped, sciatica, and newly-diagnosed scoliosis. Oh! And they are in the process of putting me through the hell that is determining if I have fibromyalgia &/or chronic fatigue syndrome.

Yippee! I'm off to yet ANOTHER new doctor in 45 minutes!! I'm just gonna walk in there with hope in my heart that she gives me a refill of my medications - unlike the LAST doctor which didn't even LOOK at me the entire 4 minute visit, and told me, with his back turned that he "didn't think I needed it." And sent me on my way with instructions to take 4 Advil every 6 hours. WTF?!?!

And yes, I will avoid any strange-looking chicken today. I plan on porkchops for dinner tonight, anyhow. LOL

Danielle said...

Thank you for asking about my coccyx! No one ever asks! It's good, thanks. It does help that I provide several extra layers of padding for it. I know my coccyx appreciates my efforts to keep it that way.

PAPATV said...

Talk about avoiding chicken, depedending on which restaurant we're eating at ($$$ speaking), my wife will not order any chicken dishes.
Why not, babe?
"Because...it's safeway chicken."
And she pokes my chicken and makes a anti-safeway chicken face.

Anonymous said...

In my mind? Fuzz on a chicken = mold. ew. just ew.

I keep trying to talk D into having laying chickens in our yard. Your fuzzy chicken will not help my campaign

Anonymous said...

Ok...I'm still waiting for you to tell me where to get those 8 cleavers.

I need 'em.

jill jill bo bill said...

FYI my coccyx is overloaded and needs some reief.

Miss Lisa said...

My coccyx--fine; it's my sanity that has issues ;)

Unknown said...

I am glad to report that at last check, just moments ago, my coccyx is good. Thanks for caring Colleen (oh and you too Holly!).

P.S. I think you are Super! ; )

Suzie said...

Once again I am sadned by the fruit bowl. I hear peaches are good this time of year

I can't find my blog said...

Headless Mom's coccyx is sore today-probably because she got a 'visitor', if you know what I mean. Is that TMI perhaps?

Anonymous said...

You said coccyx.

Happy Campers said...

My coccyx was pining for a coccyx story last week while we were gone. Now, it's happy.

the planet of janet said...

that chicken looks delish! i think i'll have seconds......

Natalie said...

my coccyx...ok. i hardly even know it's there.

my fruit bowl had fruit in it for several days...but never seems to have it on a monday. now contains a half-eaten bar of chocolate.

Elizabeth said...

My coccyx is just fine, thanks. My teeth are another story...no really, just a couple of fillings this afternoon. :(
Your Pot Luck Chicken looks great today, adorable enough to nibble up in little teeny bits!
Blessings, E

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Aw, you love me...you REEEELY love me!

My coccyx? Currently STUNNED after a weekend of uh, stomach issues making their way through my house. Bah.

Eternal Sunshine said...

My Coccyx is feeling just fine, thank you!

I''m dying over Reid's comment! My kids probably feel that way at hair washing time...

Brittany said...

"you aren't super"

I love kids!

Heidi Schulz said...

Whoot whoot!
I'm the Peep of the Week!!!
For my comment about a chicken.
Chicken, peep... Peep, chicken...
There's a pun hidden in there somewhere but I just can't find it.

Ron Davison said...

So, I'm sitting there at a client site, pretending to be a serious consultant, waiting my turn while furtively checking blogs in the back of the room. I make the mistake of not just checking on the status of my coccyx but, hand hidden from view, leaning towards the executive near me and saying (in what I thought was a non-threatening tone) "Excuse me. Could you tell me where I might find my coccyx?"
Apparently we won't be working with that client any more.
Maybe, Heidi, next week's request of your readers could be less career-limiting?

Jenni said...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
My coccyx is SUPER
And so are YOU!

Love, Jenni

Unknown said...

Holly, what have I told you about tuna?

Cute chicken though.

Anonymous said...

You have me laughing out loud...I think I'll be back!

JCK said...

Oh, I love that Reid's witty words! Too cute.

As for my coccyx...well, I believe it is contributing to my flat ass. So, there you have it...

Rachael said...

You aren't super?! Says who.

Post a Comment