3:13 AM

Monday Potluck: Where's the fruit?

Posted by Texasholly |



Yipeeeee...skippeeeeee! Potluck is here. Thank God for Mondays.

Today I am NOT serving "Um, anything with Mayo.,,,,cuz most potlucks are for a picnic type thing around here...and well Mayo and the california sun just don't mix!!!" for Marcy @ The Glamorous Life. Marcy, you are so right. Around here the Texas summer has officially moved onto the HOT SETTING. The last thing I want to do is see my RSS stats drop due to food poisoning.

I am also wearing a hairnet.


I interrupt this potluck for an awards ceremony:

The funny, amazing, talented and hot Tootsie Farklepants was so sweet to send this my direction. Thanks Tootsie!


I am passing it on to the following favorites:
1. To Liz at Yes and So My Heart who writes from the heart in a way that lets me take a peek into her world. I read her often because I never leave without a warm feeling.
2. To Angie at KEEP BELIEVING whose two boys could be exchanged with two of mine and it would take me awhile to figure it out. Some days our mommy days run pretty parallel. Oh, and you have to go see her 80s hair.
3. To Misty at Rainy Day in May. I always sigh in relief when I visit there. I don't know why, but it just is a comforting place to be.
4. To my dear friend Madge at Mad Madge World who I am supporting in her self-challenge: NaMaIGoToPoEvDaFoThNe37DaMoWhIsMoThAMoBuWhTheHeItMyBlMo. She is also in desperate need of a calendar which is quite ironic since that is what she sent me for Christmas...oh, it is just the cutest thing from Etsy that just makes me squeal in delight when I gaze upon its super artistic pages.
5. And last, but NEVER least is Kalynne at The Philosopher Mom who has the trifecta of being funny (funny ALWAYS comes first around here), smart and HOT.

***
Ryan (7) comes running over to me proclaiming, "Reid (5) is calling me bad names!" I turn to Reid and tell him that it isn't nice to call his brother naughty names. He says, "I am not calling him naughty names! I am just calling him Captain Crunch."
***




This week someone was Nirvana bound after Googling, "our toilets clogged, husband". I love the perfectly placed comma. FYI: Around here it is "our toilets clogged, Mommy" so I can't help ya there.

Another dear reader arrived after the Google, "what is with my butt?". I can't help you with YOUR butt, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they might enjoy the following:

What is up with Holly's coccyx?


Donut use continues. I also went to the doctor regarding a suspicious looking mole. Holy crap people! What am I? 80 years old? Just a second...let me turn up my hearing aids to hear your answer...


Let's find out who is this week's Peep of the Week!



In response to this picture:


"I think Target needs to watch a little Noggin."

Thanks Holly at Anglophile Football Fanatic...You are this week's peep of the week!

The
wait
is
finally
over...

I am about to reveal...

What is in Holly's fruit bowl?


Flaming Hot Cheetos.*

*OK, I lied a little. The full disclosure is that they are not actually physically IN the fruit bowl. They are sitting in very close proximity to the fruit bowl. There is nothing in the fruit bowl. I thought about putting SOMETHING (quite frankly, anything) in the fruit bowl so something would be in the fruit bowl. Because really, there has been NOTHING in the fruit bowl before and how fun is that? So, here I am suffering from fruit bowl reporting anxiety disorder (F.B.R.A.D).

I am off to buy fruit.

Please tune in tomorrow for the Premier of a Nirvana films presentation.

Happy, Happy Monday. May your fruit bowl be full...

35 comments:

Happy Campers said...

OK, I'm obsessed with your blog.

I dreamed last night that something horrible had happened to you (nobody knew what) because you hadn't updated your blog all weekend. We were all crying about what would happen to the boys. All our CoOp buddies were there.

So, of course, as soon as I woke up this morning, I had to see if the Pot Luck was up. If it wasn't I was calling you first thing!

Glad you're OK :)

Brittany said...

Woot! Thanks for my Monday morning fix!

Anonymous said...

No worries. I'm pretty sure flaming hot cheetoes are TOTALLY a fruit (like avocadoes, tomatoes, and cukes)

Roger Miller said...

Reid be watching too much of "The Pirates that don't do Anything," eh matey?

Arrgghhh!

Are the Flaming Hot Cheerios actually on fire? My kids ask me that EVERYTIME I make them, I tend to forget that they are in the oven.

Bad Daddy, Bad, Bad, BAD Daddy!

Plurk is cool, and I seem to be big in KC, since they are the only people that I talk to there, and I'm a Broncos fan. Wait until they find that out, my Karma will spiral down for sure.

As always, thanks for the Monday Potluck. Quite tasty and refreshing, for a Monday morning.

Louise said...

Can we see a picture of you wearing the hairnet? Although I'm sure that would have been more fun with the 80's hair.

congrats on the award.

Get some Rainier Cherries for the fruit bowl! (You know I'm normally opposed to actual fruit being in the fruit bowl, but during this time of year, the cherries would be a good addition!) (Did you SEE how many exclamation marks are in this comment? You need to do a 12-step program on over-punctuation or something.)

Madge said...

hey, i don't need a calendar!! i know there are not 37 days in a month.

dude, where is the picture of the hairnet.

Courtney said...

Thank goodness their is no mayo...I never want food poisoning again! Thanks for the potluck!

Suzie said...

I hear star fruit is good or some sabra. Heck at this point an orange would be ok. Holly get some fruit lady! Get some fruit!

Anonymous said...

It's not a mole; it's a liver spot.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

oh oh oh oh ... I made the potluck. YEAH! Thanks for the award. Too nice. I am bad about posting them. Don't take it personally. PLEASE.

"what is up with my butt" seriously?????

I have a best real life girlfriend who moved here from the midwest to Texas (Fort Worth) in May. She is DYING A SLOW PAINFUL DEATH from the heat. She says she keeps hearing the Texans say, "It will get hot in August." She's like wth? THIS is not hot?? Hasn't been below the 90's for highs since they moved May 1.

KEEP BELIEVING

A Mom Two Boys said...

Ahhh...potlucks. Gotta love em.

So, what was the mole diagnosis?

I mean, WHAT WAS THE MOLE DIAGNOSIS? NO-THE MOLE. M.O.L.E. WHAT WAS THE MOLE DIAGNOSIS? Oh! Nevermind.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I'm sorry, did you say, Thank God for Mondays?

I want to smack Him, not thank Him.

Anonymous said...

I like Mondays! I like Mondays a lot! Strange I know but it is the day I reclaim my house and life from the invaders!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Might I suggest some peaches--they're very tasty right now.

Sarah said...

Hooray for pot luck!! What a great day for me to return back to blogging activity!! Always with fun and cheer at Holly's pot luck!!

A donut and a mole? Oy...you're making me feel old...

Miss Lisa said...

Hate hate HATE the mayo :)
Hope you can get rid the donut soon!

Misty said...

you are too incredibly sweet, Holly! Thanks... And I have fruit I can share. mine has blueberries and peaches. Only because I'm making a pie. So actually, I may have less to share than it currently seems. Best buy your own fruit, as apparently I need to learn to share better...

Anonymous said...

I'm eating cherries - shall I add them to your fruit bowl?? You know Captain Crunch is the nick name of Jacob in the Denver Cereal - he's the captain of their midnight hockey team. So.... ;)

Sounds like the summer continues to go well. What's your home schooling schedule this fall? Will ryan go to school? or stay home?

Suburban Correspondent said...

Okay, I don't get the joke (as usual). What's Noggin? And what does that have to do with square bagels? And why don't the bagels look square? Is the term used figuratively, as in "square meal"? And why would anyone buy bagels at Target, anyway?

Oh, never mind that last question. I forgot - you live in Texas.

Unknown said...

I totally didn't catch that the first time on the bagel picture and I am so mad at myself for it! That's hilarious. Way to catch it AFF!

That's the cutest little award. Congrats! : )

Nora said...

I just moved 5 dark brown bananas from my fruit bowl to the fridge with great plans of making banana bread.

Jennifer S said...

In response to suburbancorrespondent, I have totally bought bagels at Target (ah, if only SuperTarget was closer to my house!). I'm going to pretend she was kidding about Noggin (aka Lifesaver).

Mmm, Cheetos...

Heather said...

I have no fruit bowl, so no fruit necessary. I do, howevery, have no less than 5 bags of chips in various states of staleness in my pantry.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

You are too funny, Ms Holly. Thanks for the linkage.

Kellan said...

Captain Crunch - HA!

Hope you had a good day - Kellan

Zip n Tizzy said...

Yeah, Mayo at potlucks doesn't do it for me, and it has been HOT!
Looking forward to some new reads... Thanks for the links!

the planet of janet said...

mayo. is. nasty.

the end.

Unknown said...

OK. But, do you really have a hairnet on? I need to know. *lovies*

Kalynne Pudner said...

Ooh, I love that award; I've been coveting it on various of my regular blogs. Thank you so much! You funny smart beaver-whoopin' hottie, you.

Cynthia said...

Nirvana Films...I'm intrigued...

Ron Davison said...

Um, I showed up for the potluck this week with "..." I heard that you like them. Where should I put them?
And are there any other guys who showed up at this potluck? Will we be talking baseball at all in between bites of egg rolls and chicken or should I feign expertise on disrupting toddler tantrums?

Anonymous said...

I will giggling over the search hits all day, i love reading these things

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Wow. Thanks for the award. Truly.

I can't believe I'm a day late to Potluck. It makes me very glad that you skipped the mayo.

Sus said...

just popped over from playgroups are no place for children. thanks for the morning laugh. seriously, who googles "my toilets clogged, husband?" that is awesome.

KG said...

When I was in college, I remember going to a party and some drunk guy mooned everybody and then slathered his butt and .... um ... family jewels up against the sliding glass door. He then screamed "FRUIT BOWL!!!!"

I have never seen fruit bowls the same way since. Gross, but I just thought I'd share.

Post a Comment