1:14 AM

A Bountiful Potluck: fruit bowl foreshadowing?

Posted by Texasholly |



It is Monday!
Yeah!
It is Potluck!
Hooooooray!

Today's potluck is avoiding any tuna products to accommodate my dear reader Lizz. She has requested that I NOT serve, "Anything that involves tuna. At least if it is a breakfast or brunch potluck. Yuck!" No problem Lizz, really this is going to be an easy one for me since I completely agree. Sorry folks, no chicken of the sea.


Ryan (7): Have you ever had 100% milk?


I interrupt this potluck for an award ceremony:Shannon at Mad Squirrel and Heidi from Frantically Simple sent this over. Thanks sooooo much.

I would like to pass it on to the following people within award disclaimer guidelines:

The Nirvana award disclaimer (enacted 7-21-08, ratified on that same date): I can't help it if I am not the only person on the Internet that thinks you are cute, smart, original, creative, hot, excellent, good, great, in need of a hug, in need of a bouquet of flowers, in need of a poem, and/or funny. I cannot be held accountable for the actions of others that may or may not have resulted in a duplication of the award in question. Accepting the award is up to you, but once you do accept said award if I hear any crap about said award I am revoking said award because if I gave you said award you deserved said award so deal with said award. Thank you very much.

1. Don Mills Diva
2. TX Poppet at Canned Laughter
3. Ali at Cheaper than Therapy
4. Jenn at Juggling Life
5. Burgh Baby
6. Nanny Goats in Panties
7. Christine at Watch me, No watch me
8. Bad Mom
9. Roger at Screed
10. Beck at Frog and Toad

All these people are very deserving so I plead with them to carefully review the Nirvana disclaimer before award acceptance.


This is not Holly, but (almost) shorty pajamas and a weird animal adventure ensued:

Go here for the adventure at Eat Play Love.


Ryan: Do cows make 100% milk?

What is up with Holly's coccyx?

Yawn. I am growing weary of the injury and of this segment. Yawn.

Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!


In response to Next time Holly is going to get a root canal:


One comment stood out and was often commented on by subsequent commenters:
Translation:
"Looks like this lady hasn't had her toes done in, like, 12.333 years!"
"You were in charge of marketing! Why couldn't you get her in here before"
"Hey, at least I got her to spring for the spa pedi!"
"That's my point imbecile! If they're only in every 12 years you must talk them into the diamond pedi!"
"But I don't speak English!"
"How you gonna twitter new customers with our pedicure specials if you don't speak English yet? You're fired!"

Congratulations ThreeUnderTwo at Lit and Laundry you are this week's Peep of the Week!


There was a new produce stand up beside a road near our home. As I was driving by Ryan had the following conversation with himself:
Ryan: Let's stop and get some of that fruit.
Ryan: I think it is for sale.
Ryan: There is a lot of food.
Ryan: And only one man.
Ryan: It could be a picnic.
Ryan: But that is too much food for a picnic with only one man.
Ryan: It must be for sale.
Ryan: Unless other people are coming to the picnic.
Ryan: That is still a lot of food for one picnic.
Ryan: And there aren't extra chairs...
ME: OK! We will stop and buy fruit...or join in on the picnic.

Which is why this is an extra exciting edition of...
What is in Holly's fruit bowl?

Texas peaches, cucumbers and new potatoes!

Which is why you should take something home with you, really! There is no way I can eat all this food.

35 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I would love some of those Texas peaches. I'm pretty sure I've never had peaches from Texas before.

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Not only have I never eaten Texas peaches (I don't think), I didn't know they GREW peaches in Texas.

I am so NOT cultured. :)

Brittany said...

Are you shop vac'ing earwigs off of heads of cabbage!?! In you pjs?!?!

WE DO SHARE A BRAIN!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Ah, but was it a half bushel of peaches? My fruit bowl runneth over.

the planet of janet said...

really. i didn't know peaches grew in texas either.

we must all be 100 percent ignorant.

Burgh Baby said...

Of COURSE they grow peaches in Texas--that's where the Hollys live!

Thanks for the love, Chicky. I agree to the terms and conditions of said love, although I feel a little weird doing it. Tingly weird.

Happy Campers said...

I soooo love Ryan's comments. I can picture him in my head saying that. What a cutie pie :)

Roger Miller said...

I so love me them thare Texas peaches!

It reminds me of when I lived in Abilene and was on my way back from New Braunfels (I think I spelled it wrong, sorry), and there was a stand of Texas peaches for sale - 1 bushel for really cheap, like $5. Not one to pass cheap food by, I grabbed me some peaches. Then I ate me some peaches, lots and LOTS of peaches! I actually ate so many peaches that I swore off peaches for at least ten years. Notice I didn't mention the GI effect, I was saving you after my last Eww comment. :)

I also would like to thank the Academy of Holly for generously bestowing said award to said reader/blogger, now if I can just get off of plurk and prove it. :)

Silly plurk, silly, silly plurk... I might need an intervention soon.

Have a great Monday!

EatPlayLove said...

thank you for the stream of consciousness from Ryan, I laughed out loud!

And thank you for your wonderful illustration I feel content knowing you made my post complete. Oh and you also helped my scottish pal understand what a shop vac was! LOL!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Oh, I love the way little kids think. Thanks for not serving tuna. I'll gladly take the cucumber off your hands.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Your disclaimer NEVER GETS OLD. Really. I love it.

KEEP BELIEVING

Misty said...

much happiness in re: to your fruit bowl. This IS big news, indeed!!!

LOVED that pedi-comment. Priceless.

i hate earwigs... i would have drawn them uglier.

Suzie said...

Peaches thats fruit Im ok with that but cucumbers? Potatoes? Holly what the hell????? ITS NOT FRUIT!!!!!

Ali said...

gah!'
you love me. you really really love me!
;)

The Mom Jen said...

I love your Monday posts! Have a great week!

Madge said...

Ryan and Dave should get together -- they could talk to themselves but maybe everyone around them would think they were talking to each other....

Miss Lisa said...

Texas peaches--yummy :)
Happy potluck!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

I ♥ your manic ramblings. Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one...

Anonymous said...

I love peaches - mind if I steal one? Making a cobbler? So it your pain in the rear better? I hope so.

Ron Davison said...

Just wondering ... what do you do with the leftovers from these potlucks? Do you have a one woman picnic? Is that why your son contemplates the possibility of one-man picnics on the side of the road?

Beck said...

An award! Hooray! I AM pretty deserving.
I've started keeping my keys in my fruit bowl, to try and curb their wandering ways.

Rachel said...

Love the Texas peaches!! YUMMY!
Congrats to you and to your very deserving winners, I think you chose fabulous recipients.
That is a very interesting picture, for sure ;-)

Anonymous said...

So you're saying Holly's coccyx is a real pain in the ass? ;)
Sigh...I have such great ideas for a potluck, if you'll just let us join! LOL!

Cookin' Mama said...

Great post! (As always). I'll take some peaches please, I've been craving a fresh peach pie.

Liv said...

i like this one... it felt like holly's potluck needed some ritalin.

Jennifer S said...

You are brillante!

Tell Ryan you can only get 100% milk in some parts of Wisconsin, and only on the black market.

Elizabeth said...

Love the illustration for your pot luck this week. Your originality and humor amaze me. Sorry the tail bone isn't doing so well.
Pax

Cynthia said...

Doh...I thought I'd be peep of the week with "notice what?":O

Anonymous said...

Ryan is definitely on his way to being a environmentalist. 100% milk with all these pesticides and antibiotics now adays? Probably not.

Don Mills Diva said...

Whoo-hoo - thanks for the award!

Does it come with 100% milk? Cause I'd like to try that!

Anonymous said...

Grrrrr.

You, with your award disclaimer.

;-)

tee hee.

Anonymous said...

dude, that earwig story was the shizzle.
You do mad linkage.

Purple Teacup said...

Ryan and Clayton are like clones.Scary.

Louise said...

HOLY COW! I think you need a picture of the full fruit bowl.

Hmmmm.... will it have in it next week some rotten Texas Peaches, squishy cucumbers and OLD potatoes?

Oh, I've been gone a week, so I only have to wait one more day to find out! I'm beside myself with excitement!

Threeundertwo said...

Woo Hoo! I was peep of the week! Here I am catching up on posts after vacation and I find this! I'm so excited! Can I grab the button please thanks.

Post a Comment