1:48 AM

Monday potluck with new and improved features...

Posted by Texasholly |


Happy Monday everyone. Today's potluck is so new and improved I have decided not to cook for it. My cooking would just bring down it's high quality. I can make coffee...

*new feature alert*
*new feature alert*

What is up with Holly's coccyx?

It seems unlikely that you missed last week's potluck, but if you did...I will wait until you get caught up on my tushie (thanks Meg!) situation.

The week found me toting my whoopie cushion toilet around EVERYWHERE. Ugh. I have refrained from sitting unless it is absolutely necessary. I am sleeping with a kazillion pillows propped strategically. I have experience in this area since I have been pregnant a lot in the past. So things are hopefully headed in the right direction.

When I am not using the cushion, it gets put to other uses:




My absolute favorite reader this week is the one that arrived after Googling, "cleaver things to say". Thank you for coming over. Your presence here makes me giggle. I hope I am cleaver enough to keep you reading...

Hey! Check out this new blog: Channeling Erma. You might recognize someone.

Can I just send out a HUGE thank you to Blogger. Yes, my dear reader, you read that correctly. Blogger has just rolled out the blog list function you see to the right.

Yeah! Yeah! Go Blogger! Go Blogger!

What you see is the 25 most recently updated blogs on my blogroll. Obviously this changes frequently and you can see them all by clicking the "show all" (I probably didn't need to explain that, but just nod and smile).

If you check and you do not see your blog listed OR it is listed to an incorrect place, please let me know ASAP. I had trouble in the download from my reader and lost a few folks that I regularly read.

*new feature alert*
*new feature alert*

Peep of the Week!



Peep of the Week I stole from is the creation of Loralee. It is awarded to the most brilliant comment made in the last week. I love this idea because well...I love your comments!

If you have a blog, you can copy and display her cute badge. If you don't have a blog, I fully expect you to print it out, stick a safety pin in it and wear it proudly.

So without further ado (but really, who can get enough ado?), the winner of the very first Nirvana Peep of the Week is...

*drum roll*

BRENDA for this comment on the advice to mega companies post:

What?! Did the face soap aisle screaming thing REALLY think it could make Holly even more desirable? RIDICULOUS!


Not only did Brenda make me laugh hysterically, but she also included a compliment. Thanks Brenda!

Uh-oh...

Crap...

And the new and improved potluck was going so well...

You know the coffee I just made for you?

Well...uh...ya might want to check it for LEGO chairs:

37 comments:

Kalynne Pudner said...

Hmm, there seems to be a glitch in the new Blogger feature. It has omitted my "Road Tripping by Numbers," posted 2 hours ago. Whatever do you suppose could be the matter? Would you like me to contact tech support on your behalf?

Rachael said...

Wow. That's quite the blogroll. You have some colorful friends. Maybe I need to branch out.

Beth Cotell said...

Love the Peep of the Week idea...except now I'm going to feel lots of pressure to leave witty and insightful comments. Hmmm...better get another cup of coffee...

Rachel said...

If you win Peep of the week, do you have to Peep? I want to be a Peeper :-) *snort*
I'm still a bit slap happy from lack of sleep this weekend.

And the legos in the coffee, that's not like the prize in the King Cake? Damn.

Yippeee Blogger! I have a new toy to play with!

Anonymous said...

Hey. I saw you on the P place. Are you liking it better than Twitter? Say it ain't so!

And, you never answered. Are you in for the 28th?

Anonymous said...

I am on your blogroll? YAY! That new feature is pretty nifty. I almost wish (almost I said) that I still used blogger.

Oh and I found a battery (from the remote) in my tea the other day. Extra flavour and all that.

Madge said...

coffee with legos -- i was unaware it came any other way...

Anonymous said...

All I gots ta say is...better legos in your coffee than flushed down your toilet. I've had both. They're much harder to get out of the toilet.

Happy Campers said...

Your donut looks like it would have been fun at the pool party last Monday! tee he he he

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Ummm. Legos and coffee . . . kind of like coffee and Danish, only not.

Misty said...

While sitting here, in complete shock, that there aren't already dozens upon dozens of comments, I wanted to tell you that i've given you an award at my blog.

I don't comment here a lot, mostly because, by the time I read it, there are already SOOOO many...

Anonymous said...

I'm not much for chairs, but a Bionicles in my decaf would be SO awesome. Thx.

InTheFastLane said...

My favorite is when the lego people commit suicide by diving into my coffee cup.

Momo Fali said...

How funny! Just yesterday I found a "Flosser" in my coffee. You know? One of those flossing sticks. Mmmmmm. Yummy!

Courtney said...

Hope you didn't choke on that lego. I love it when ppl don't know how to spell and it provides you entertainment. I laughed hysterically at that and it wasn't even that funny!

Miss Lisa said...

On a Monday morning, I'm pretty sure I'd drink that coffee WITH the legos--hopefully it won't lead to any coccyx issues ;)

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Funny - I found a purple "Little People" lego in my laptop bag when I got to work this morning. Glad it wasn't in my coffee!

KG said...

My coccyx hurts just thinking about sitting on the lego chair.

the planet of janet said...

i once found a little green army guy in my coffee.

you know -- the best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup?

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I prefer my coffee with sugar, cream and two lumps of legos.

Melissa said...

OH Lego Logs... are those as tasty as Kinex Chex?

Liv said...

don't you know not to feed the blogger ego???

Unknown said...

Can I just say that I like how the second commenter, rachel says that she should "branch out" and she's got a nest for her pic? Too good.

Anywho - Happy Monday - cool use of the blogroll new listy thing from Blogger - you are on top of it girl!!

Sorry your coccyx is still hurting (don't think I've ever typed that before!) Hope it's better by the next potluck.

Anonymous said...

How is the pain in the butt going? I hope it's better - that just sucks. Is the pilaties helping? Are you going to do a crayon drawing of how you got your pain in the butt??

I did find a link for you: http://www.stationwagon.com/gallery/gallery2.html It's photos of all the 1970s station wagens. Can you feel the love?

Kellan said...

I love the Blogger thing - very cool.

Hope you get to feeling ALL better soon - how pitiful!

Have a good evening - stay cool - is it HOT enough - SHEESH!

Kellan

Beck said...

I hear eating phish helps make you cleaver.

JCK said...

Oh, my clever Holly, coffee with Legos is welcome at any time. And I love the Peep of the week. But, I might have to arm wrestle Brenda, because I agree you couldn't get any more desirable either. ;)

And you may have just sent me into orgasm orbit over that new Blogger feature. And you thought chocolate gave me orgasms....just WAIT!

Manic Mommy said...

Hey, you and I have the same mugs, only I take my tea with crayons, not Legos.

http://shesjustanothermanicmommy.blogspot.com/2008/01/cray-ola-mode.html

Love the comment peep idea. Dammit! Now I have to try and be clever in two places!

Anonymous said...

The prospect of Peeps has increased your Comment cleverness level tenfold. I'm going to have to find a less clever comment neighborhood to hang out in.

Bren said...

Love the new Blogger thingy!

I wasn't the googler but I think you're very cleaver. Love the Peep of the Week!

Jennifer S said...

The Peep is awesome!

Also, the yellow lego taste best.

Jason, as himself said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by The Jason Show and for reading my story.

I so love the name of your blog. Very clever!

Louise said...

My heart is fluttering. I'm so excited I actually WON an award from a blog, and I don't even blog! (Yet!)

Thank you! I promise I printed it out. I tried to make it bigger, but it didn't like that idea. So I'll mount it on several layers of appropriate cardstock, maybe add an embellishment or two, and hang it from the desk above my computer. I'll send you a picture when I get it finished!

I'm not sure I can ever be that clever again, however.

And just letting you know that I'm going to unsubscribe from your feed on the blog and use my google reader for you (which I just started) because I never got an e-mail about the Monday potluck. I just found this today when I got the e-mail for the next one. I don't want to miss ONE SINGLE POST, so I'm hoping the reader will work better.

Loralee Choate said...

Heh...Heh...Tranny Head said, "Coccyx"...Heh...heh...

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I adore Monday potluck. Seriously. I love every single thing about it. :)

Malcolm said...

I found you because Jenn of Enjoying the Ride listed you in her Thursday Thirteen in which she named blogs she loved. I just wanted to thank you for mentioning the new Blogger feature. I installed mine earlier this evening. I need get in the habit of checking out the new features that Blogger adds. Thanks again.

Cookin' Mama said...

Hi! I came by way of Manic Mommy's page...and I'm so glad I did! I haven't been this entertained since, well, I left MM's site...but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your animated life section. I'm still giggling re: the beavers.

Post a Comment