Monday is going to be furious when it gets back, but I just can't help myself. I can not come up with any cohesive thoughts with a beginning, middle and end so it's potluck time!I am serving this:It is a goldfish bar. No designated driver needed after this shindig. This idea was born approximately 30 feet from and 10 minutes after this heaven moment when Reid (not pictured there) was grabbing random bags of goldfish and throwing them into the cart while I was trying desperately to find snacks to serve at our impending HS group. It was a chocolate meet peanut butter kinda moment. An added bonus is that it allows for side by side comparison of the crazy new products goldfish is rolling out on a daily basis. Who knew that 'Blazin' Buffalo Wings' would be my favorite?

I had a really good laugh when I read Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING's Signs your kids are watching too much TV yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon my boys were watching TV upstairs while I was down in the kitchen. Ryan(6) came running downstairs as fast as he could yelling, "I need paper! I need paper!" I pointed in the direction of their art paper and he grabbed one and ran upstairs. I didn't think twice until this was delivered a few minutes later:
This, dear reader is the 800# and price for pancake puffs. Which my boys believe we cannot live another day without. This child hypnotising commercial runs on their website. I have an idea. Why don't we get the pancake puff people to make commercials for the following: potty training, picking up your clothes, making your bed, good manners and listening to mommy. They seem to have the key to the kid's attention.

I took the minivan in for a smashed snack food and juice box detox car wash and walked into the adjacent coffee shop to catch up on my googlereader. At the table next to me were 2 guys doing a job interview. I overheard the older one tell the coffee employee he was from the bike store. After pleasantries, the interviewer asked, "Do you ride a bike?"...silence...crickets..."uh, uh...no." I am no Human Resource genius, but I think that interview was over.

I apologize that this is long overdue, but awhile ago Courtney @ Life with 2 Beautiful Girls sent over this sweet award:Thanks so much! Courtney, I still owe you a meme, but as previously stated, my brain isn't exactly cohesive today. The award will look stunning next to this one from Rachel at Always Wanted 4:I heart and appreciate you. And since you are really supposed to decorate in odd numbers, let me mention this:Thanks so much to Rachel at The Land of Monkeys and Princesses for the Royal Banana award. I have been secretly coveting it (is that so wrong?) and will display it proudly.

I think American businesses under-utilize the Drive-thru window. I vote with my dollar by daily supporting fast food, dry cleaners, coffee, pharmacy, and library drop box drive thru windows. I think almost ANY business could and should have a drive-thru. I am not just talking restaurants here (although I think they all should have them). I am thinking big: Clothes! Books! Furniture! Gifts! Think of a magical world where you could drive up to Victoria Secret's menu and order a six pack of briefs, 2 miracle bras and a little something for dessert.

Here, take this for the road:

21 comments:

Happy Campers said...

Glad you posted today...I've been checking :)

You mean I missed the Goldfish bar? Crap. Good idea though :)

And I LOVE R's paper work. Reese always puppets commercials. Lately he's into the cereal straw commercial & asks for that "stuff you sip & munch it". Ugh.

:)

Kellan said...

I love that you son wrote down the 800#. Alexis is always running to me with some information she has heard on TV about this or that - it is so funny!

Congrats on the awards - way to go!

Come on - go to the conference! I signed up today (not airline yet)! I know that JCK(Motherscribe), Slouching Mom, MamaGeek, Jen (One Plus Two), Kelly (Don Mills Diva - I think she's going), Lawyer Mama, Oh The Joys - there are bunch of people I know going. If you go on the BlogHer site, there are pictures (under the July conference attendees) of some of the people going. It's not all of them, cuz I know I'm not on there yet and niether are any of those I mentioned. Think about it! It sounds like it would be very informative and lots of fun! TAke care - Kellan

frog ponds rock... said...

the only drive- throughs we have down here are for fast food places .. wow

those little goldfish pop up everywhere don't they.. hehehe I think I will check the supermarket next week to see if they are available here..

cheers Kim

slow panic said...

oooh the pancake puffy thing. my husband wants it too. what does that tell you?

dawn224 said...

can the pancake puff people do some sleep hypnotising too?

A Mom Two Boys said...

Freaky woman, freaky.

Not you. The fact that your son and I are on the same wavelength.

Momisodes said...

ROFL at the pancake puff #!!!!!! They do look rather tasty ;)

I had no idea there was a blazin buffalo wing flavor...

That last pic is just too cute ;)

Anonymous said...

Too funny! What an awesome idea to have a goldfish bar. Serving it in the glass really adds class!

Jennifer S said...

You and A Mom Two Boys are kinda freaking me out. One of you needs to buy the pancake puff maker.

My daughter will call to me from another room, yelling, "Mommy! Call 1-800-blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!!!!" There are lots of products she thinks we can't live without.

But she had no idea about the Blazin' Buffalo Goldfish. Yum.

That job interview? Exactly like mine would go if I applied for any job right now. Except riding a bike just might be the only skill I could think to write down these days.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the pancake puff, but Child talked his FAVORITE auntie (the one with no children) into buying him the Magic Bullet for Christmas 2 years ago. It' mostly crap, but makes a good frozen margarita (for me, not the boy). Gotta love the infomercial.

Rachael said...

Ooh, bonus potluck. Pass the goldfish.

The 1-800# thing is cracking me up. He even wrote the price down for you! I think you should buy it for him! (I'm a push-over).

Burgh Baby said...

Careful, you're going to end up with a few hundred toddlers at your potluck if you serve fishies.

frog ponds rock... said...

there is a bunch of flowers for you at my blog...

cheers Kim

Anonymous said...

My kids have been begging me for those pancake things,too!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

LMAO! I can't even believe how many kids have been brainwashed by pancake puffs. If I saw a 1-800 number written down, I think I would pee my pants. I love this potluck. I'm gonna git me some goldfish for 2nites TV viewing.
KEEP BELIEVING

Nora said...

A goldfish bar in my house would last about a minute, and our baby would have to fight us for them. Yum..... and congrats on your award!

Rachel said...

I have no clue what the pancake puff thing is... but I'm so glad you're excited about your award :-) You are just too cute!

Purple Teacup said...

I am stealing the goldfish bar idea. Speaking of TV, Clayton says I need the PedEgg......

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'll see your "write down the 800 number" and raise you a "my kid actually called...at 5:30 in the morning." LOL!
http://laughingatchaos.wordpress.com/2008/03/29/at-least-it-wasnt-phone-sex/

Manic Mommy said...

So late to the (potluck) party but this doesn't come up every day. I truly thought my kids were alone in their lust for the Pancake Puff pan.

They actually call each other in from the other room when the commercial's on, then sit in rapt attention. We discussed buying it but $30.00 seemed a little extravagant for a gag gift.

A distant second is the plastic fishing rod with a trigger.

Health and Wellness Blog India said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

Post a Comment