For the potluck I am contributing my favorite "groovy granola" from Great Harvest Bread Company along with single serve Paris Senseo coffee with Vanilla Caramel coffeemate. My boys wish I was contributing the Froot Loop Cereal Straws that blog-Stedman bought them yesterday at Target while unsupervised. But have you seen the 12 g of sugar per serving? I think not! I tasted one and it is sweeter than most desserts because the inside of the straw is covered with frosting (obviously the regular flavor of Froot loops is not sweet enough to suck milk through).

Crazy baby has been attached to me for over a week now. He is touching me at all times, interacting with every activity, stating his opinion on how boring these activities are and demanding to be held minutely. I have been reminding him that his umbilical cord was cut at birth and a few foot separation from me wouldn't be the end of his little world. I know! I know! I know! I will long for these days when he is 16 and averting his gaze when I enter a room, but I just would like to pee unaccompanied.

I got a call last night from a political polling company. They spent 3 minutes explaining how the poll wouldn't take much of my valuable time. They then asked, "Do you think the country is headed in the right direction or wrong direction?" As soon as I answered, they stated that they were experiencing technical difficulties. It was so obvious that I had answered in an incorrect manner for their poll that I said, "so you didn't like that answer?" and they hung up on me. I suspect that this is one poll that will come out exactly as they need/want since they are disqualifying any pesky dissension. I wish that system would work for me at home.

I just was asked if I could take the baby away. This was followed by screaming from 2/3 boys...Then I heard "my brothers are bothering me". This was followed by screaming from 3/3 boys. I am experiencing technical difficulties...

20 comments:

slow panic said...

to funny about the poll call.

LM5 is having what I hope is his last mommy stage -- although it is much more pleasant at the age of five. it's actually very sweet....

Lynn said...

Just thinking about those cereal straws makes my teeth hurt.

I remember those days when my kids somehow velcroed (can't figure out how to use the past tense of velcro) themselves to me. Now it's just my dog that follows me everywhere. As that old saying goes...'this too shall pass'

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Oh those dang cereal straws! They are currently being asked for in my house. I am currently saying "no". I bought them once to try them out. Exactly ALL of them were broken in the box. They dissolve in milk. And? They're nasty.

Jameil said...

lmao @ technical difficulties. found you thru sandy. 12g/serving!? yikes! i'm sure i would've been hung up on in that survey too if i weren't in the media. when i'm not in the mood i just cut to the chase and say "i'm in tv." its ok thanks, click.

Solomon said...

I'm amazed at how you cope with 3 boys under the age of ten. :)

Kellan said...

I myself love those Froot Loop cereal straws - and a big fan of Vanilla Caramel coffeemate (and hazelnut). Going to go get me some coffee with that yummy creamer in it - right now! See ya and have a good day. Kellan

Burgh Baby said...

Last night I had a Toddler glued to my feet so I asked my husband to lend a hand. He paused in playing Guitar Hero long enough to say, "Alexis, come here." Big help, that one. I'm totally using the technical difficulties line on him when I drop her in his lap next time I need to be able to walk unobstructed for a minute.

Joan said...

I'm counting the minutes until all this political "stuff" is finished. Lord help the pollster who gets me on the phone!

Oh...and what the heck are Cereal Straws?!?!? We child-free people have a need to know. :~)

A Mom Two Boys said...

MMM...coffee. Can I have mine without coffeemate? Great, thanks.

Moving on- ALL I hear anymore is "I wanna cuddle mommy. Mommy put the baby down. The baby wants daddy. I want mommy." It's beginning to drive me crazy. But you're right, these days will be over soon and I'll miss them. ;0(

Now I want to know what your answer was so I can keep my eyes out for the poll. Will I see the results on Fox News Channel or MSNBC?

Good luck with your boys. I had one screaming (Almost!) 3 year old this morning and I was about to rip my hair out after I locked him in a closet. I didn't do either, but I seriously considered it.

Cynthia said...

Seems like we are both suffering from pesky phone callers;)

frog ponds rock... said...

Sounds like the pollsters in America are the same ones they use in Australia..

cheers Kim

Momisodes said...

ROFL! I must remember to have my child scream on cue when I get those calls :)

UrbanHippieMama said...

My apron..er..hat...is off to you, ms. cleaver. I have 2 boys and one girl...but 3 boys I think would send me over the edge. ;)

I wish I could control the opinion of my household by pleading "technical difficulties", too... what a sneaky poll.

Miss Lisa said...

we are so in the dark ages here--what the heck are cereal straws--sound like the perfect before school breakfast lol!
My baby is a clingon too -- I so feel your pain! I don't know what it would be like to shower with some bangs and 'mamamamamamama' at the door!

Nick & Lizzy said...

Don't know how big your baby is, but I solved *some* of my clingy problems by getting an ERGO and just strapping her on my back (you can BLOG that way!) and then at least she can't cling to my leg and pull my pants down all day long... ;)

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I hate political polls. I've had a few that are supposedly public opinion polls, but that I think were actually poorly disguised advertising mixed with political propaganda. The questioning was obviously biased.

nonlineargirl said...

I have never heard of those cereal straws. Yuk. I'm such a mean mama that I force my girl to eat something like egg or oatmeal before she gets to start the fruit gorging. Clearly she'll be scarred for life. Oh well.

JCK said...

It is SO hard when you need some space, even a moment and they are attached to your legs. Deep breaths...

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I don't think I've ever had a poll call me. I suppose I should be grateful! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

carmen said...

We're finally past the stage of peeing with an audience. However, I still occasionally have to go into my closet to have a private phone conversation!

And 16! Are you kidding me? Unfortunately, it all begins in middle school.....(sigh)

Post a Comment