8:54 AM

It is all about me (with links to friends)...

Posted by Texasholly |

Today it is all about me. Remember you are under no contractual obligation to continue reading!


If you agree with me (and please do) that the obvious caption for this photo is:
"The Scientific proof that a toddler is as stubborn as a mule" then please go visit the fabulous Fussy and vote for me!. My intention was to work in both blog and prison references to the caption on my campaign manager's advice, but I thought I was already pushing it because it does appear that the picture may not contain either a confirmed toddler or a confirmed mule.

I started this blog last November because of a blog pusher a dear friend who doesn't have a blog problem. I hadn't been tagged for a meme until yesterday when I was tagged for two.

The first was by one of my favorites, Burgh Baby who linked to one of the funniest things I have read in a long time: faux Suess.
Anyway, here's the rules of the meme: Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you’ve written. But there is a catch:
Link 1 must be about family.
Link 2 must be about friends.
Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are… what you’re all about.
Link 4 must be about something you love.
Link 5 can be anything you choose.

1. I think this photo essay pretty much sums up my family and what lengths I will go to to get blog fodder on their behalf.
2. Before my stalker this dear friend had a blog, I wrote this to her and her current state of residence because I am just that kinda friend.
3. This will explain ALOT about...me!
4. This one was easy because despite all the complaining, I love being a mom to him and his 2 older brothers.
5. If you want to relive the 80s, please click here for a pre-blog-Stedman treat. If you want to see how laundry can drain my natural perkiness in a matter of hours, take a quick peek here then here.

I am tagging the following people to complete this mission if they choose to accept because it will save me time reading ALL their archives: A Mom Two Boys (come on, one more boy...everyone is doing it), Happy Campers who is on her way to a goat cheese farm, another mom who dares to drive a deadly weapon, 911 has nothing on her and she who married a childhood friend.

The other meme was brought upon my soul by Binky Ink who is nearly a family member. To her I am Mrs. X (although she thankfully has named me Mrs. M). If you want to check out the REAL scoop on this June Cleaver and this so-called Nirvana, reading her blog may be enlightening.

1. Name one thing you do every day: I take a bath every night, without fail, without excuse and could never live in a house without a tub.
2. Name two things you wish you could learn: I would love to learn to be a seriously good poker player, not just a pretender, but one of those that sits down and causes fear. I would also like to learn to comfortably public speak without peeing my pants or nervously causing a self-induced cardiac arrest.
3. Name three things that remind you of your childhood: Holly Hobby, rook and rootbeer floats.
4. Name four things you love to eat but rarely do: tirimisu, breakfast pastries--the fresh kind with fruit in the middle, croissants with butter and orange marmalade and chocolate lava cake.
5. Name five things or people that make you feel good: sitting with friend(s) at the park watching our kids play, looking in on my sleeping children, a dinner out with blog-Stedman, playing board games on a Saturday night and a pedicure.

For this one I am tagging the following people if they care to join in: the other person that missed the most provocative home school group ever!, the girl who had a third child to be just like me, a recipient of my blog pushing, someone who had to move all the way to Arkansas to start her blog and finally a new blog that I am really enjoying.

Today it has been all about me and someday I would like to be able to write like him.

16 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Fun facts! I voted for you and right now you're in the lead...

Jennifer S said...

Thanks for the tag and for mentioning my blog! It's my first meme, too. It was fun to read your answers, and I will post mine soon.

Kellan said...

Lots of linky love in this post - very cool!! I voted for your title - it was the best. Take care and I'll see you soon. Kellan

Burgh Baby said...

Thanks for playing along! I loved each and every oneof the posts you selected, but the portrait one is my FAVE. Those were your most recent posts when I first started reading your blog, and I feel in love with you instantly. I think it was the fierce look in your eyes. Or maybe it was the fact that you looked like you could beat the crap out of me. Whatever.

JCK said...

Hey thanks so much for tagging me for what looks like a fun meme! And I loved how you cleverly wove so many blog links within this post. I'm looking forward to checking them out.

JCK said...

P.S. OF COURSE I voted for your title and your winning!! :) Now off to read the posts you listed in your meme.

Purple Teacup said...

The only meme I know is my mom since she couldn't deal with anything grandma related. Could you enlighten this newbie blogger.....

Momisodes said...

WoW! I loved reading your meme's :) I wish I could learn Poker too...as well as write like Bill Gathen ;)

Running to go and vote!

MO3 said...

memeing...what is that? Not talented enough for that one...nor have the time to figure it out. Thanks for putting me out there though.

Rachael said...

You're making my head spin with all the links! Ay-ay-ay (how DO you spell that?)

Challenge accepted...but be patient with me, I'm going to have to do some archival reflecting here. I am coming up some time in the next couple of weeks (have to check the archives to be sure...memory's kinda hazy) on my one year anniversary of blogging, and I think this would make a good meme to commemorate it, so thanks for the tag and the idea!

dawn224 said...

I voted!

Momisodes said...

BTW...stop by momisodes when you can for an award (not a tag, promise)

spinning in our own direction said...

Hey- you are way in the lead!!!

Mrs. Fussy Fussypants said...

That one is hilarious! Did you see how many votes have been cast?
Over 130 by last night!

Crazy!

Mule? Yak? horse? Very ugly beast? Check! ;)

Joan said...

Thanks for sharing all those fabulous tidbits...memes can be so enlightening. And today may be all about you but now I'm off to "meet" all those folks you so kindly tagged.

wgathen said...

You want to write like me? Damn! Seriously, wow. I've had a few people tell me they like the way I write but not that they wanted to write like me. I'm speechless. Flattered and speechless. Thank you...

Post a Comment