5:53 AM

Keep your cake out of the rain POTLUCK

Posted by Texasholly |

In honor of today, MONDAY and the POTLUCK festivities that are about to ensue, I am going to change the lyrics of quite possibly the world's most annoying song to be...

*drum roll*

EVEN MORE ANNOYING!

*applause*

POTLUCK was never waiting for us till
it ran one step ahead
as we followed in the dance.

Between the parted pages
we POTLUCKED,
in love's hot, fevered iron
like a striped pair of pants.

POTLUCK is melting in the dark
all the sweet green icing flowing down
someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it
and I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, nooo!

--Donna Summer, POTLUCK McArthur Park



*applause*
(a few people stand)

1. "June Cleaver vacuuming"

2. "fruit bowl"

3. "exasperation"

4. "pictures of Joan Cleaver"

5. "what's for dinner?"

What IS for dinner?


*applause*

What is up with Holly's Coccyx?


Better.

*applause*

Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!

In response to Ryan and Reid believing that school should be closed for lightening:
Maybe you shouldn't let Ryan go to school for an hour after he's eaten. Just to be safe.
Thanks Manic Mommy! Wise and witty advice.

*applause*
((standing ovation))

Now since I made such a big deal about school NOT closing for rain, all the area public schools have closed for swine flu. Ryan's school is a part home-school and part real-school that only has one more week until summer break. It is NOT closing.

Which brings me to one of the down sides of home schooling:





*few random boos*


Blog-Stedman and I took a quick road trip down to San Antonio this weekend for a meeting he had to attend. The drive was beautiful with Texas wildflowers everywhere. I tried to get some pictures, but at 70 mph the close-ups didn't turn out so well.

Once in San Antonio we found an area of absolute excellence. Can you believe that the World's Greatest Tacos and the World's Best Coffee are in competing restaurants RIGHT NEXT DOOR to each other?

What are the chances?

*applause*

And THIS my friends IS BREAKFAST -



Apfel Pfannenkuchen.

*applause*
((standing ovation))

What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



Nothing.

*silence*
*kinda awkward silence*

May your Monday be filled with applause and may your cake be of the unpronounceable type...

18 comments:

Manic Mommy said...

Woo Hoo! Peep of the Week and first commenter!!

Did you go to The River Walk? Howl at the Moon has some awesome dueling pianos. Maybe they could do MacArthur Park?

WeaselMomma said...

Had you put the pig icon on the highway pic, you could have had a potluck luau. Damn, I like a good pig roast.

the planet of janet said...

*applause*

excellent potluck. now i'm craving your breakfast, even if i CAN'T pronounce it.

SHIMI said...

hi
nice to be here and read ur post

Unknown said...

Sure you can spell it...but can you pronounce it?
Now say it three times real fast!!

I can't find my blog said...

Seriously, What is for dinner? I'm all out of ideas, all out of cooking mojo and seriously don't want to go to the store. And the fact that I have to be at baseball practice instead of being able to cook doesn't help.

Oh, and I have a couple of black bananas if you need them for your fruit bowl.

MamabearMills said...

im peeing my pants at the new swine button! hilarious.

Otter Thomas said...

I once had a reader arrive by googling "how the poop face." I am still confused by that.

Unknown said...

I don't really know what that breakfast thingy is but DAMN it looks good...

Rachael said...

The breakfast looks amazing! My step-dad makes what I think is the same thing: we call them "German apple cakes" which is easier to say and still delicious!

amelia bedelia said...

Just one more reason not to home school. That breakfast things looked scrumptious!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Fabulous post! I am a homeschooler too and yeah...boo on the staying open! lol!

Goldfish said...

If that masterpiece is for breakfast, you are totally off the hook for dinner. Seriously, they can fend for themselves.

Madge said...

who needs anyhing in their fruit bowl when they have been out apple fannuecoochiewhatevering.

Happy Campers said...

I could not eat that breakfast thing. "Pfannenkuchen" sounds like something you make in your pants. mmmmmm...Pfannenkuchen....

Miss Lisa said...

Breakfast is always yummier than lunch--a potluck breakfast sounds pretty cool to me--as long as everyone brings BACON ;)

(I HATE that song too!)

Cynthia said...

OK...what the heck is that breakfast thing? Looks good...I think:P

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh man...who cares about the stupid fruit bowl when you can have that apple thingy for breakfast.

Post a Comment