Potluck is back.
Back with a vengeance...well, vengeance in the nicest way.

SATURDAY NIGHT WAS AWESOME.

Seriously, if you are a DFW blogger and you were NOT at Grand Luxe - Galleria you missed out. 30 people who for the most part had never met each other were chatting like they grew up together. I love that about this community of blogging.

A fellow blogger is never a stranger.

In fact, as you can see by this picture, being in Canada wasn't an excuse to miss the party:


I am going to keep up the RSVP list a little longer so I can make the rounds. There were several last minute RSVP's so if you were there and your blog is not on the list, please let me know and I will add ya.

The whole evening was funny:


This is what I ate:

I know! I know! They have fancy food there, but I just felt like this.

I also got a lesson in self-portraits. I have complained how horrible I am taking my own picture.

I was told the key was to have the camera higher than my face so you can avoid the up the nose shot:


So I tried again:

Much better.
I think I may need to do some additional practice on this technique.

I talked too much to get more pictures.

BUT I know that I posed for about 100 which brings me to another benefit of getting together with bloggers...they will blog about it.

So link up!

If you wrote about Saturday night, please leave the link to that post in Mr. Linky below.


***



I have been getting quite a few hits from "plunging a low flow toilet" so I googled it myself to see where I was:


Oh ya, it is true. June Cleaver Nirvana is #1 and Blog Nosh who ran that post is #2 in the plunging low flow toilets search results. I am creating quite a SEO niche for myself.


What is up with Holly's coccyx?



I am doing well. Thanks.


Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!


In response to Cleanliness is next to the Crazy Train:

carpet is the devil's handiwork.
of course, loud echoey houses are the devil's playground.
but at least it's clean.
--Janet

And in response to Holly goes to poker school:
That sounds awesome! I can't play for chips and I wind up just eating them. --Weaselmomma

Veterans at Peep of the Week both of 'em. Congrats to Janet and Weaselmomma for being this week's Peeps!


What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



7 bananas (none are over-ripe), 5 onions, 6 large baking potatoes, 4 navel oranges and a broken pencil decorated with Santas.

Now go hug a blogger today...

Heeeeeere's Mr. Linky...

35 comments:

Sarah said...

I've got seven bananas in my freezer...but not in my fruit bowl...wait I don't have a fruit bowl. Hm...

Looks like lots of fun at the blogging meetup!!

Marci said...

Cute blog! I'm a first-time visitor, but will be back!
I have a hard time with self-portrait shots, too, so thanks for the tips!

Jenny said...

This would be yet another reason I miss Texas! It looks like y'all had a great time! I can't wait to hear all the stories.

Mozi Esme said...

You must've been grocery shopping recently...

amelia bedelia said...

I heard you guys had a blast...jealous!! I'm so going next time!!

stephanie said...

Love these gatherings! And in a not-really-relevant connection that I cannot help making, I had a burger last night, too! We're like twins.

Jenni said...

I am so glad you had fun! I am green with envy!!

JCK said...

Oh, it sounds and looks like you had a blast. 30 bloggers! That's quite a gathering. Nothing like sitting around and laughing with a bunch of people who share the same passion.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ride-now I feel I must step up the blogging to compete with all these awesome DFW bloggers!

Beth Cotell said...

I bet everyone else there ate a salad. Good job rocking out a mushroom burger and fries! All the husbands out there would be proud...I know mine would!

Happy Campers said...

I'll come sweep your floor if I can be an honorary POTW :) nothing like a little bribery, right?

ShallowGal said...

Wait, is it Monday already?

xoxo, SG

Christina said...

Such an awesome time last night!! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

I am so freaking glad the potluck is back - I've been starving!

I can't find my blog said...

"I am creating quite a SEO niche for myself."

Ha! Good thing I wasn't drinking anything. Hubby asked why I was laughing so hard. Poor guy, he wouldn't get it.

the planet of janet said...

first of all, i've never been so upset that i didn't live in texas.

and second ... peep of the week! woot. the only thing funnier than my comment making me peep of the week is that i have. no. memory. of. writing. that.

seriously, i had to go back to the original post to prove to myself that those were my words.

sigh.

Anonymous said...

I had such a good time and wished that I had been able to chat with more of you. We had fun at our table, and it sounds like you did too! Can't wait until next time.

WeaselMomma said...

Woo-Hoo! Peep of the week! I am supposed to take the little badge with me? I never have, but I want to.

Brittany said...

Your DFW dinner looked awesome, yay for organizing it! And, from now on, can you please bring THAT burger to all future potlucks? With ketchup, mayo and mustard. Thanks.

Ash said...

Thanks so much for bringing us all together!! I had a great time.

And seriously, your up the nose photos, I'm totally taking those to a good plastic surgeon for my "after" shots. I adore it!

OK, you've met me, you know I'm not that weird, but THAT sounds weird.

Thanks again! And I so should have gotten the burger.

Dennis and Leslie said...

It was so much fun, thanks for hosting! Can't wait until the next time!

Manic Mommy said...

Mmmm...pot luck burger. I too am jealous not to live in TX. MA is snow covered (sigh).

Ally @ Waiting For Rain said...

Hey Holly, I had so much fun on Saturday it has taken me all weekend to put fingers to keyboard!! Sorry we didn't get to hang out, however, I am told I make a killer pot of chai and a pretty fine palak paneer.. so come on over baby and you too can step over piles of toys and laundry!! Thanks for organizing! :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was such a great time!!! And no snow anywhere, bonus!

Unknown said...

Loving your self portraits, especially the one where I can totally see your eye shadow shade- cool!

And glad to know what you ate, I had no idea! HA!

It was a great time, thanks for being my co-host! : )

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Dude, I'm SO sending a life-sized cut-out of myself to your next meet up. At least the "Flat Colleen" would have fun!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't feeling the internet love today and then I remembered it was Monday, which meant it's Potluck Day, so I popped right over.

Knowing what's in your fruit bowl perks me right up.

*MWAH*

And DAMN, I wish I could have been at that dinner.

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you all had a great time...who needs to wait for "Blog-Her"...
I'm still at the point where my "big" day out by myself involves the grocery store... :(
Happy fruit bowl!
Pax

Momisodes said...

What fun!

LOL, I have so many of those up the nose shots. But somehow, you still look gorgeous!

Misty said...

this is the fullest I've seen your fruit bowl! My goodness, I was about to send you a box of Idaho potatoes or something.

And I'm a little jealous that I'm not a DFW blogger.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see my monday read is back!

Musings of a Housewife said...

How fun! I'm so glad y'all got together and had so much fun!

The Stiletto Mom said...

It was so great to meet you in person! I'm so sorry I had to scoot off, ended up not having to be there until 11 so I totally should have stayed! Thanks again for organizing a great event.

Colored With Memories said...

fellow DFW blogger here...i'd love to know when y'all do this again!

Anonymous said...

Who's the blond in the purple scarf? I love her hair! How cool is that cut?

Post a Comment