5:58 AM

Heart attack induced by laughter

Posted by Texasholly |

We flew home last weekend. We had to check out of our condo at noon and had a few hours to kill before the plane ride home.

We spent some time in the condo area and then went across to the ski lounge where we knew we could find some snacks before we left for the airport. I grabbed the most delicious cookies in the world for the boys and sat them down in a nearby couch. Blog-Stedman grabbed a bite and sat down beside me. I looked up and saw someone who looked familiar.

Hey, that guy looks like a cross-between Fred Thompson and Fraiser.

Blog-Stedman looked across the room and nodded.

The familiar guy was with his family. They were taking a break from skiing and making plans for later in the week.

The boys continued to eat and I got up and down getting more cookies and crackers and drinks in the hopes that this would keep them satisfied until we arrived at home in the evening.

Rhett(3) then demanded a drink other than I had provided. He said he would show me what he wanted. He darted across the room with me following close behind.

He ran underneath familiar guy who was standing at the cappuccino machine and grabbed a Sprite.

Familiar guy said, "Hey there little guy!" about the same time I firmly said...

No soda!

Rhett started into a faux-tantrum.

Definition: a faux-tantrum is one that even the child knows is not a tantrum. The hallmark of a faux-tantrum is lackluster flailing, quieted screaming and overall tantrum malaise.

I was able to wave off the underwhelming performance with another...

No soda.

About that time, the cappuccino machine sprung into action startling familiar guy who was standing over me. I said...

Those machines always frighten me too.

And then he laughed.

And then I nearly suffered heart failure.

It was Kelsey Grammer.

I fall asleep watching Fraiser every night. That laugh is unmistakable.

I managed to hold myself together. You all would be so proud of me. I was able to continue as normally as is possible when Kelsey Grammer is in the room when everyone is trying to continue as normally as possible.

Those of you on facebook know I couldn't act normally AFTER I left with my star studded status update. I fully expect that Kelsey Grammer's facebook update reflected our meeting as well...

If only he would accept my friendship so I could find out.

38 comments:

Lisa said...

That's cool 1) for being right there next to him and 20 for keeping your composure. I would of probably stubbled over every last word that came out of my mouth lol

Miss Lisa said...

That is too funny! I bet he liked being treated as the 'normal' guy in the coffee shop :)

Teri said...

Hilarious! If it was me, I would suddenly find that my tongue was really fat and I could no longer form words. Bluh, muh, duh.

the planet of janet said...

oh. my. GAWD!!!!!!!

cappuccinos with fraser?

the best.

Angie Ledbetter said...

If it had been one of my kids once upon a time, they'd have thrown a hissy fit on top of Mr. Grammer's feet and made him spill his hot capuccino on his crotch.

Sarah said...

OMG!! How awesome! I'm jealous! I love him!! I could only hope that I'd be calm if I ever saw him...and not fawn all over him telling him how amazing he was as Beast.

*giggle*

WeaselMomma said...

New Blog Title "Texas Holly, Stalker of The Stars"! That's a winner.

Courtney said...

I would have lost it, you did good...

spinning in our own direction said...

That's funny.. It so hard to act cool when you meet someone like that but you sure don't wnat to be all like AHAAA DUHHH ILOVE YOU!!!
He's a nice guy, We were riding around the studios one day about 4 years ago and he stopped us and said well you must be a .....
I was like really I look like them that much REALLY?? It wasn't until I got back that I thought oh you dumbv shit you are in their golf cart.. ANywyas, Glad you got through your star studded encounter with out having a panic attack. Did you give hima burb mom carda nd tell him to keep in touch.. HAHA

Heidi Schulz said...

Are you sure he wasn't some bizarre form of Hollywood hybrid? Half Kelsey Grammer, half Fred Thompson, fueled by caffeine.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should change your name to Hollywood Holly.
[Please note that I posted my last comment, left for about 25 minutes and then came back with this one. Does persistence count when it comes to Peek of the Week? Because I could do this all day. Except that I don't really have time to do this all day, but you get the idea.]

Heidi Schulz said...

PeeP of the Week! Not PeeK of the week! That's just creepy!
Leaving now...

jill jill bo bill said...

His blog says "I am SO embarrassed. I jumped when the cappucchino machine went off right in front of TEXAS HOLLY."

He really was devastated.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Heh - jill jill bo bill.

Rachael said...

Wow. I bet you're glad it was merely a faux-tantrum!

Manic Mommy said...

The word you're searching for is insouciance. I have never in my life been insouciant.

I would have babbled like an idiot and yes, dropped coffee on his crotch.

Natalie said...

you made kelsey grammar laugh! take a bow - life is now complete!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

You're such a dork. I love this! :) One of the nice things about my state is the meek, the dork and the star all have to travel through the same airport. We've seen all kinds of rich, famous, and unbelievably funny there.

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

I love that he looked like a cross between himself and Fred Thompson! Poor guy!

~j said...

He really is a nice guy. we met him a few years ago when my daughter was on Fraiser. he was so incredibly nice to the kids - even gave up his dressing room so they could do a quick change without having to run outside after dark.

Anonymous said...

LOLOL!!

One time I was at the Chicago airport sitting across from Kevin Bacon and trying not to (like everyone else around me) stare at him because he was wearing sunglasses...inside the frakking airport!

I can't find my blog said...

Hey!!! I feel jipped. No stick figure of Kelsey?

What a rip off.

(Just kidding!)

Happy Campers said...

OK...

1. Where ARE THE PICS? I doubt your story is true. Kelsey Grammer does not like cappuchino.

2. Did you tell him you FALL ASLEEP to his show EVERY NIGHT? :) Maybe that's why he hasn't accepted your friend request.

Threeundertwo said...

Figures. I have a post today about spilling cat food. *You* have a post about meeting a star.

*This* is why I get nowhere in blogging. I need a new life.

jubilee said...

I think Rhett should get an extra treat for having a large part in introducing you to Kelsey Grammer.

And, just for clarification purposes, when you said he was "standing over" you, you just meant he was really tall, right?!

Jenni said...

Doesn't he know WHO YOU ARE?

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

HAHA okay now that is awesome! And he still hasn't accepted your friend request? It must have gotten lost in the mail :)

Suzie said...

I dont he would ignore you. You're the famous Texas Holly

Jennifer S said...

Of course you were cool. You're Texasholly and you play poker. You had to know that poker face would come in handy away from the table. :-)

Unknown said...

So cool! I mean you TALKED to Frasier! Did he give you any good radio show advice?

Anonymous said...

Was he trying to play it cool? I once was in an airport with Elton John and he was trying not to be noticed wearing sequins and dark glasses.

Unknown said...

OMGosh I would have made a complete fool of myself...How Totally Cool!!!!

Aria said...

OK, so at least you've SEEN and SPOKEN TO someone famous! I used to live like 20 minutes from Jon Bon Jovi and 35 minutes from Springsteen and I never Ever saw anyone famous... EVER. So congrats, cause I'm totally jealous! :-P lol

Roger Miller said...

You should have asked him if he was listening. :)

Louise said...

Of course he updated about you. He's probably lurking on your blog right now.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

WHAT?? and you didn't ask for an autograph??

MoscowMom said...

Only you, Holly! Super!

I run into famous people here a couple times a month --- but since I'm not Russian, I usually can only recognize they're famous, but I'm not sure who exactly they are. That *does* make it a bit easier to act cool...

Parent-teacher conferences are next week, though, and some REALLY famous parents will be coming in... and now I know who they are... Repeat: "I will not be a dork. I will not act as if I know they're on TV/movie stars/famous atheletes/presidents of companies whose goods I only dream of." We'll see how it goes!

Seriously... Would it be SUCH an inconvenience to get the pathetic American teacher a ticket to the red carpet premier? All in the name of blog fodder?

Post a Comment