6:05 AM

Old Acquaintance Potluck

Posted by Texasholly |



Should old acquaintance be potluck,
and never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintance be potluck,
and old times since ?

For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.


So for the last potluck of 2008 I am serving a cup of kindness. YUM!

Kindness is so good!
And seasoned so well...
And remarkably calorie/fat/carbohydrate/gluten/dairy free!




First, I want to thank YOU.
YES YOU, silly!
Thank you so much for being here at June Cleaver Nirvana.
Thank you for clicking over for the first time.
Thank you for returning.
Thank you for commenting.
I love YOU!

Second, I want to thank the people that sent me the most visitors in 2008. I really appreciate the blogging support from all three/four of these of these blogging goddesses:
Mrs. Fussypants
Sarcastic Mom
Good Mom/Bad Mom

Third, I would also love to send a big 2008 hug to anyone who Stumbled my stuff this year. You are super, great, wonderful, grand and hold Nirvana hero status.

Thanks!


What is up with Holly's coccyx?


Whew. Seriously I am much better. I am trying to contain my dancing as to not over-rotate my pelvis ipsliaterally creating increased tension on the right sacro-tuberous ligament which is still tender.

Chicken of the week:




What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



Last week I was bemoaning the absence of pears in my fruit bowl for the finale of the 12 days of fruit bowl contents poem (OK, it was a bit of a stretch, I am trying to come up with new fruit bowl material for 2009...). And what appeared in my stocking via Fed Ex, Harry & David and Uncle Wesley?

PEARS!


Today I am going to end the potluck with the final 2008 Peep of the Week!



In response to last week's potluck, Jenni at Jiggety Jigg said the following earning her Peep of the Week status:

"May your coccyx be Merry and bright, and may all your shower birds go down without a fight... "

21 comments:

Ash said...

Chicken Protection Program?

So glad to see it still fits!!

Brittany said...

AHrry and David pears....yuuuummm...any Moose Munch thrown in as well? I amy start salivating.

Anonymous said...

Nothing brings in the New Year like a PotLuck! Many thanks to you for the laughs.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Everything seems like it's going great in Nirvana-Land! That Chicken at the Christmas tree...too presh! (I got a clown costume for Christmas in our Dirty Santa exchange. It fits nicely with my 5 other rigs. If Baby Chick gets too big for his feathers, I'll be glad to let him borrow one of mine.) :)

ShallowGal said...

Now you warn me about ipsliaterally rotating my coccyx.

xoxo, SG

Happy Campers said...

I had a great comment but it got deleted. Humph. Love Chicken Rhett! :)

the planet of janet said...

how much time does rhett spend in that chicken costume? inquiring minds want to know...

Manic Mommy said...

I was just wondering about the chicken costume also. Does he willingly don it at irregular intervals or is it like getting a toddler into snowpants?

May your potluck continue to be delicious and your fruitbowl be full!

Unknown said...

Harry & David pears are SOOOOO good! Enjoy! And Happy New Year!

Glad to hear that your coccyx is better although I didn't understand most of that paragraph...

Gretchen said...

Okay, I promise in 2009 to Stumble you if you will please please pretty please give me a little tiny tutorial about HOW IN THE HELL DO I WORK STUMBLE? I know, I know... a monkey could do it. I guess I'm sub-monkey. But, I tried to sign up and it just kept sending ME crap to read (like I don't already have an overflowing feed reader). I don't know how to find other people's stuff, or to suggest stuff, or... or... (hold on, I'm rocking and crying. Not really but I have long since said F*%K IT! when it comes to figuring out Stumble.)

Okay, so, here's your assignment, if you give a damn: tell me how to use stumble. I'll be waiting to see your name in my inbox.

waiting...

still waiting...

jill jill bo bill said...

That Jiggity cracks me up! And I am so glad I am not the only one who can't figure out Stumble. Do us all a favor and post on it. God knows I never read my email.

Alli Worthington said...

LOL

You are soo funny.

I love you & your coccyx!

xoxo.

Sarah said...

How sad...the final potluck of the year!! I'm looking forward to a year filled with them in 2009!!

Roger Miller said...

Looks like someone is tired of being Chicken of the Week.

On a serious note, thank you for sharing your wonderful stories and artwork, you have kept me entertained, I am truly grateful for finding your blog. You ROCK!

Have a safe and joyous New Year!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Dancing isn't the only thing where you can accidentally over-rotate your pelvis ipsliaterally -

BAM! Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week.

Jenni said...

Score! I am the final peep of the week for 2008! Take THAT, other commenters! Woot Woot!

::::celebrates excessively in the end zone::::

Happy New Year, Holly!

Teri said...

Happy Happy Happy New Year! I am so glad I found your blog. You always crack me up. See you next year!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

I just have to know how you keep your chickens so white! Tell me, how does Momma do it?!?

A very merry happy new year to you and yers!

I can't find my blog said...

Happy New Year!

Threeundertwo said...

I am so going to trip that smug Jenni Jiggety!

At least I was peep of the week once this year. *AND* I stumbled you. Because you rock.

Have a great New Year and enjoy the pears!

JCK said...

Happy New Year, girlie!

Post a Comment