11:02 PM

Merry Potluck!

Posted by Texasholly |



Merry Potluck everyone! I know time is limited today because you have things to do and presents to wrap. Since I am a sensitive hostess, I will abbreviate potluck to accommodate YOUR schedule...geeeesh! It is all about YOU!

Oh! And I cooked, but the details are at burbmom.net!


What is up with Holly's coccyx?



A few weeks ago I asked for a new coccyx for Christmas. Christmas has arrived a bit early for me. Really! OK, in all truth, I started to see a chiropractor and it has really helped. Please don't ask why I didn't try this months ago...


Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!



This week had TONS of brilliant comments, but this one was easily my favorite. In response to my 2008 Christmas card:



"I had no idea that blog Stedman was so........liberal."

For political wit that had me laughing all day, Weaselmomma is Peep of the Week!

Merry Chicken of the week...



What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



Oh goody! It is a fruit bowl sing along:

12 fuzzy pennies, 11 lego pieces, 10 fruit flies, 9 recipe cards, 8 candy canes, 7 green limes, 6 aging apples, 5 GOLDEN BANANAS!, 4 sugar cookies, 3 orange oranges, 2 pomegranates and NOT A PEAR IN SIGHT.


May your Christmas be coccyx-friendly...

19 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Wait--I'm supposed to be wrapping presents?!

WeaselMomma said...

Marry Christmas! Glad I could make you laugh. I loved the card.

Manic Mommy said...

I've been trying to come up with a 12 Days post myself! Merry Merry Potluck to you, Blog Stedman, the chickens, and your coccyx!

Mozi Esme said...

No fruitcake for potluck? Something is wrong with your fruitbowl. Got some perfectly aged stuff I can bring.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Christmas Chicken is priceless. (I'm already dreading when he can't fit in his feathers no more!) :)

"And a pear not anywhere in sight."

Glad the chiro is unkinking your coccyx, but what's gonna happen to this part of your weekly posts if he fixes it??! Merry Merry to you.

Connie said...

The presents are wrapped. Instead I will be going shopping and to see a movie with my gay brother in law who I affectionately call Ruby Sue.

Have a great day Holly!

ShallowGal said...

Dude! I totally bust the hell out of my coccyx last week after a fall while ice skating. I can't do steps or even sit. I was debating the chiropractor, maybe I'll give it a shot.

xoxo, SG

~j said...

fruit bowls....not just for fruit anymore. =D

I can't find my blog said...

Merry Christmas. Thanks for the abbreviated version and the reminder that I need to actually be wrapping the presents. Well, those that I have anyway. I'm totally not done and there doesn't seem to be any shopping time in sight.

Hurray for the chiropractor!!

the planet of janet said...

coccyxes (coccyi??) were the cause of much trauma for roo-girl's cheer team last week when one of them triggered an injury avalanche by slipping on the ice in an ill-advised ski trip.

perhaps a chiro could fix the girl's tailbone AND her head.

Anonymous said...

Love the card.

Roger Miller said...

At least the limes were still green, the oranges still orange and the bananas GOLDEN! As for the fruit flies, you know what they say, for every one you see, there are another 63 hiding. Seriously, I read about it on the internet so it has to be true, right?

Valarie Lea said...

Husband and L.L. came home early from hunting, because of sleet. Now I can not wrap presents like I wanted to. Is it bad that I wished they had have stayed one more night even though it is going to sleet????

Anonymous said...

"What is up with Holly's coccyx?" is probably the best headline I have seen in a blog ever. lol

Happy Campers said...

Crap. I brought a fruitcake for the potluck today but ate it while I waited in the driveway for the guests to arrive.

Jenni said...

May your coccyx be Merry and bright, and may all your shower birds go down without a fight...

Goldfish said...

Oh, man, not only do I also have three boys, I have a bum coccyx (it's almost a pun) too. Oh, the similarities are eerie. And on that note, Merry Christmas!

Julie said...

Oh wow, I hope Michelle doesn't find out about Barack's other family

Rachel said...

Merry Christmas darlin'!
I'm laughing so hard over the Blog Stedman, that's too cute.

Hope y'all have a great one! XOXO

Post a Comment