10:41 PM

A Sticky Potluck (like the seats at IHOP)

Posted by Texasholly |



*rubbing eyes*
*stretching*
*BIG yawn*

Is it Monday already?

Allllllll right...it is potluck.

Today you can bring anything you want. I am feeling very hungry and a bit grumpy.

Why am I hungry and grumpy this fine Monday morning?

Thanks for asking!


It has a little to do with this extravagant purchase from the shelves of my local Williams-Sonoma:



I know! I know! That is WAY too much to pay for syrup. I was weak. I couldn't help myself under the Williams-Sonoma domestic spell.

Yes, that is enough to cause grumpiness, but what is the hunger all about with tasty expensive syrup in the house?

The pancakes were made.

They were buttered.

I reached for the syrup.

I tried to open the syrup.

I got a knife.

I stabbed.

I picked (axed).

I sliced.

12 minutes later with cold pancakes awaiting:



Seriously?

Oh, and there is no way to reassemble it so all the syrup needs to be consumed today or transferred to a new container.

Yes, I am taking it back to W-S which just increases my grumpiness.



Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!



This week is a little different. I am awarding Peep of the Week status to the person who left the link to this tasty little potluck tidbit featured on Passive Aggressive Notes:



So for that fun link, ANONYMOUS is Peep of the Week!

What?

Did I just award Peep of the Week to Anonymous?

Holy crap people! Leave your name! Let this be a lesson to you all!

Just for that I am totally not updating Holly's coccyx this week.



So there.




It's not me, It's YOU is returning this Wednesday with Mr. Linky for you to post shopping related posts. If your shopping related post involves Target you get BONUS points which are useless in all 50 states and Canada (Nirvana lawyers are reviewing their significance in Australia).

And because I have a heart and love you all so much...

What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



2 lemons, 2 red apples and 3 aging bananas.
Oh, and for a short while a few days ago...a bird.

*major foreshadowing alert*
*major foreshadowing alert*


Please tune in tomorrow for a Nirvana films production of that event.

This Monday may your syrup be cheap and easy...

33 comments:

Sarah said...

My syrup is cheap and easy...and so am I.

Wait.

Wow...I'd definitely be taking that syrup back!! *giggle* Seeing it in pieces...fun!

Anonymous said...

"Syrup in Glass" a still life
Holly, did you try to eat the art?

Roger Miller said...

I've had beer from bottles like that - for WAY less! Please tell us that the pancakes cost at least half as much, and weren't Bisquick. Because that would be a shame, a darn shame.

Looking forward to some Alfred Hitchcock now. :)

jill jill bo bill said...

Even WS knows that you could never get $16.50 worth of goodness on pancakes...they were just trying to save you.

JCK said...

Loved the little note donated by Anonymous.

That glass bottle can't open thing is going around. I had it happen when I tried to open a salad dressing recently and the whole glass lip came off leaving a death trap by glass...

Angie Ledbetter said...

When you go to WS to return the syrup (hey, Mrs. Butterworth's is good AND affordable), bring the Cutco knife with ya as Exhibit A. :)

Miss Lisa said...

Cheap syrup is usually the fake stuff so I won't touch it--they have bulk maple syrup at Whole Foods but it is in the plastic thingy.....

ShallowGal said...

Passive-aggressive notes is my second favorite blog, after yours of course.

Even if you didn't update us on your coccyx and now I'll just spend all say worrying about it.

And where the hell is my chicken picture?

xoxo, SG

Anonymous said...

LOLOL! Oh my goodness, what a great thing for me to read first thing Monday morning. Mondays are much grumpier days for me. ;) You killed that syrup bottle but good.

The Stiletto Mom said...

Just brutal what you did to that syrup bottle...brutal. I hope the children didn't see it.

Happy Monday, if such a thing exists.

Unknown said...

We buy our syrup in bulk, at Costco. Do we consume too much you ask... uh probably so... And it ain't cheap but it is easy. 1 outta 2 ain't bad.

Thanks to Anon for making me laugh!

Anonymous said...

That was a sappy killing, made me weep! I miss you when I can't visit everyday!

Unknown said...

OMG! I am still thinking about syrup that costs $16.50. I refuse to pay half that. *sigh*

Misty said...

I've heard of Cheapy and Easy describing many different things, but never syrup. :)

Issa said...

Williams-Sonoma is a scary place. For my bank account. However, I do weep for joy as I walk around in the store.

Ron Davison said...

You were going to use that syrup? They deigned it not to be opened because it is priced not to be used.

Ash said...

Cheap and easy, totally works.

Cheap, easy and sticky, ew.

Williams-Sonoma syrup?! I bet you've got a zester in one of those drawers.

Jennifer said...

William's Sonoma must pump some sort of brain blocker thru their store because I find myself buying $50 soap and $25 cookie mix and I'm THE CHEAPEST person on the planet (really, look it up.)

And thank you for sharing the passive aggressive Thanksgiving food sign up sheet. That's AWFUL!

the planet of janet said...

*insert clever comment here*

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Damn you Williams Sonoma. Your eeevil spell caused me to buy a $48 baking dish I could have gotten for $14 from Target. BAH.

Monica said...

'Member in college... when you couldn't finish your beer and you could save it by placing a balloon over the bottle's neck? You could do that with your syrup... Oh, you didn't have a super cheap roomie in college? Oh, nevermind.

Manic Mommy said...

No coccyx update?? NOOooooo! But I had a super witty, super clever, truly hysterical coccyx comment all cocked and ready! But now you're never going to hear it!

(I didn't really)

Jenni said...

I think at the top of my blog it should say:

If you can't blog: DON'T TRY...

Dennis and Leslie said...

What a rip-off W&S!!

For that price, the cap should pop off, on it's own, tell you how pretty you are, AND do a little dance for you, all while pouring itself over your pancakes....hmmph!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I'm all caught up but only commenting once - in the interest of time - LOVE the photo posts from last week especially the fall/beach one. Love your wimpy cold weather issues - we have 5 inches of snow on the ground already - they were calling for flurries, NOT SNOW. My boys hate coats as well- "do I have to wear my big puffy coat?" is a common question around these parts.

I did not shop this weekend at all except for an emergency trip at 9:00 on Sunday morning while I was skipping church to buy a pair of snowboots for Gavin's ever expanding feet for the snow we weren't supposed to get.

I would NEVER pay %16.50 for syrup no matter where I was. I would save it for something stupid at the check out line or as a bribe for my kids along the way.

KEEP BELIEVING

Jennifer S said...

I can't top Leslie's comment.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

What does it say about me that I would have paid $16 for the syrup? Or that I might have kept it to myself while the kids ate Mrs. Butterworths?

Linda S said...

I can't go near the store. Everything looks like it tastes better there.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Do you KNOW how many Mrs. Butterworths you could buy for that one bottle of W&S? Like, um, several.

Also looking forward to why the frick there was a bird in your fruit bowl.

Aracely said...

My only goal in life is to be your peep of the week, getting beat out by this anonymous is the most crushing blow yet... She's all "Yeah, I'm the peep of the week" (brown paper bag over her head) when it's my turn I'm going to flash it around for the whole blogosphere to see.

WeaselMomma said...

Huh, we usually keep our birds in the refrigerator. Can you let them sit out?

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering something? Will the fruit bowl go Christmas? And, you know, I'm also a Texas Holly, right - being a native and all...just sayin' :)

Anonymous said...

Baby... my syrup is always cheap and easy (wink,wink,nudge,nudge). Bwah haha!

(I'm so lame - I always laugh at my own jokes... yes, even when they're not that funny)


Hope your coccyx is okay! I'm going to worry all week, now!

Post a Comment