5:31 AM

Potluck: System Failure

Posted by Texasholly |



Yip, Yip, Yipeeee....Monday is back.
And it is better than ever.
*please don't mind Holly, she is a little delirious*


Today no one is allowed to bring Glop:

The fruit salad with marshmallows, maybe even jello or cool whip.. I don't know what it's called other than GLOP.
I kinda like Glop, but want to be sensitive to EatPlayLove's non-glop request. I have taken a fancy to the word Glop and will try to squeeze it in whenever possible.

Let's talk about failure. System failure. On Saturday I posted this 7 second video which revealed that not only has one system failed, but pretty much a complete system failure has occurred:



Let's list the failures in this 7 second slice of Holly's life:
1. I don't think he should be doing that. (parenting failure)
2. Rhett is sporting two different colored crocs. (croc system failure)
3. Rhett is sporting a binky. (binky removal failure)
4. The video is shot in portrait because I didn't want to show the mess in the garage. (homemaking failure)
5. Despite all this I shot the video and posted it on the world wide web because I thought it would be funny. (judgment failure)

The great thing about Complete System Failure (CSF) is that it really takes the pressure off. And it makes me laugh. Glop.




OK people. Seriously. I was looking forward to Halloween being over so the "June Cleaver Costume" searches would cease. BUT I now realize that those searches were keeping "June Cleaver nude" and "June Cleaver naked" out of my top 10. At least before Halloween people were trying to find something for poor June to wear...

Glop.

What is up with Holly's coccyx?



Ugh. Ick. Glop.

Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!



I love that people are voting for other people to be Peep of the Week. Roger who is the current Peep of the Week was nominated again by Jubilee and was a contender for back to back Peep victories...

Until someone hit it out of the park in response to the Autobot tragedy:
Check the anvil for autobot guts ;)

This comment was then promoted by Brittany and Rachel in their comments. So, for a comment that made a lot of us laugh, Lisa is Peep of the Week!


What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



I sense a little fruit bowl tampering.
There is a Mr. Potatohead hard hat covering some Mr. Potatohead eyes.

May your anvil be glop-free this Monday...

23 comments:

Tara said...

LOL!!!!!! what a great post...need the laugh and reality check...I figured out that I live 24/7 in Complete system failure. Hummm...I like here in my world. ;O)

Unknown said...

I am requesting that you call my SIL and tell her NOT to bring her green bean casserole on Thanksgiving. This falls under the rules of potluck, right?

That video is stellar. Short and sweet, just the way I like 'em. (not that you would know that by the latest video I posted on my blog...)

Sorry about your gloppy coccyx (now that's not something you hear everyday!)

Angie Ledbetter said...

Shouldn't there be government aid for us sufferers of perpetual CSF?

Loved the video and the mismatched crocks! Reminds me of all the times my kidlets demanded I drive with the old van door open (yes, they were all safe in their carseats), and hit the breaks to make the door slam shut. Who knows why they loved that?

Jenni said...

I would have never notiiced the crocs if you didn't point it out...I was too busy trying to figure out if the door on my van could support my weight so I could try it out!

Ron Davison said...

Now no glop? Every week another food ban. Tell me again what's left that we're allowed to bring (he says defensively, as if this will somehow excuse his bringing chips yet again). And do you, Holly, ever get search hits for June Cleaver's coccyx?

I can't find my blog said...

I love Potluck Mondays.

That is all.

Valarie Lea said...

Glop, Glop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is.

Sorry I don't know where that came from. :}

Misty said...

never in my wildest dreams have i heard such affectionate sentiment in regards to a monday, before...

the planet of janet said...

thank goodness potluck monday's system failures were here to make me feel less dismal about going back to work after two weeks of vacation.

Anonymous said...

Don't you think, considering this is the Minivan of Death, Rhett's just trying to avoid a catastrophe? Don't forget to check out giveaway week at my place.

And, I love Roger.

Roger Miller said...

*blushing*

Personally I love Glop, because you never get the same thing twice!

Regarding system failures, I recall posting a cute picture of Danny, and Jenni was horrified. Not because he was naked in a tub, but because the tub was not sparkling clean. I got major failure points there, until I told her that I photoshopped the dirty tub in so that people would realize that we are real people after all. :)

Still had to clean the $%#^ tub though.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

We have a new transformer at home that's just about to get the same treatment - only from ME... My son got him ("I am Optimus Prime!!!") as a birthday gift at his party this past weekend. I know someone who has three kids who will be getting only ONE of those for Christmas...BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ash said...

Sorry for my late attendance this week. We had Barf-Fest 2008 over here this weekend, compliments of Oldest, and Pot Luck just wasn't soundin' too good.

But glop, now THAT sounds fantastic!

Em

Anonymous said...

Seven system failure?

Sounds like a challenge...

Brittany said...

HILARIOUS potluck! Glop-tastic even! And thanks for giving my weak judgement a more PC term, got that hubby, it isn't me, it was a total system failure.

jubilee said...

I loathe to be contrary, but I must take issue with #5 on your list. I for one don't think posting the video was a failure in judgement at all. :)

Rachael said...

Oh, the video IS funny, but even funnier is your spin on it. So, therefore not a judgement failure, and therefore not a COMPLETE system failure, at all!

KG said...

That's one seriously awesome video.

I don't think it's a parenting fail to allow your child to destroy your van. I mean - vans DO suck. So I can approve of his behavior.

Kudos to you, mom.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I refuse to consider a messy garage a housekeeping failure. It is clearly a man-of-the-housekeeping failure.

Anonymous said...

I love you and I really love you when I am not sick! I had a hard time keeping up, think it is the cold medicine at midnight!
I don't like glop or the cauliflower/broccoli/rice casserole my mom thinks I like at the holidays and forces me to eat and make two extra dishes and gives them to me.
I love the video. I have posted our household rules to try to avoid failures.

Mozi Esme said...

Ambrosia - er - glop - always gets cleaned out when I take it to potlucks. Never realized it had so much animosity associated with it... sob...

Ok ok, I'll try not to take this personally. But the word "glop" has been ruined forever for me with this attack. sob...

I HATE potlucks! I HATE the competition! I HATE the feelings of insecurity! I HATE the furtive glances to the potluck table and the trash to see how my dish is going over! I HATE taking home leftovers! gloppy sobs now...

JCK said...

I'm not into glop either. And as far as any kind of failures, you can be assured that your blog will not be one of them. You are SO funny, as usual.

Miss Lisa said...

Glop is PURE YUCK--glad it's not at potluck!
And if you want to see a messy garage, stop by--I think I might win an award!

Yay--peep of the week!

Post a Comment