6:16 AM

There is a song in my potluck

Posted by Texasholly |



Happy Monday.
*insert whistling of a happy tune of your choice*

Last week here at the Nirvana many of the comments were musically related. I think it must have had something to do with this improved* potluck feature:



Here is where Holly fits the word potluck into a popular song from the 80's for no other reason then it makes her laugh

*feature disclaimer: The word "improved" in no way assures feature quality in the past or present.

The following is originally by Night Ranger. Because really, what is 80s music without Night Ranger?

What do you do
When it's falling apart
And you knew it was gone
From the very start
Do you close your eyes
And dream about potluck

A girl in potluck
With a gleam in her eye
I was a younger boy
All dressed in white
We're older now
Do you still think about potluck

I remember

We learned about potluck
In the back of a Chevrolet
Well, it felt so good to be young
Feels like yesterday

When you close your eyes
Do you dream about potluck
When you close your eyes
Do you dream about potluck
Do you still dream about potluck


Thanks to Rachel, Spinning, Stephanie, Lisa , Jill Jill Bo Bill, Lisa, Burg Baby, Angie, Suburban Corespondent, Louise, Suzie, AMomTwoBoys, Moscow Mom, Eudae Mamia, Beck, Mrs. Parks,The Mom, Angie, Mekhismom, JenniBeanV,Laski Gal, Salubrina, Brittany and Larissa who all left musically related comments last week. You had me singing songs in my head. I hate to complain but some of them were really stuck...

Thanks to those of you who supplied suggestions and lyrics:
"I Want to Know What Potluck Is" --Louise

Lookin’ for some Pot Luck baby this evenin'
I need some Pot Luck baby tonight
I want some Pot Luck baby this evenin'
Gotta have some Pot Luck
Gotta have some coccyx tonight.
I need Pot Luck
I want some Pot Luck
I need some Pot Luck

--Manic Mommy

"These crocs were made for stomping...
That's just what they'll do...
One of the days these crocs are gonna stomp all over you..."
--Moscow Mom

when you're a rhett,
you're a rhett all the way,
from your first screaming match
to your last cranky day...

with ryan and reid,
if the spit hits the fan,
you got brothers around,
you're a family man!

you're never alone,
you're never disconnected!
you're home with your own:
when company's expected,
then rhett's protected!

then you are set
with a capital R,
which you'll never forget
cuz you know who you are ...
when you're a rhett,
you stay a rhett!

--Janet


I received two visitors from the Google search "June Cleaver with an edge". And one from "edgy June Cleaver". I hope the fact that I am teetering on the edge is edgy enough.

I also received a visitor that Googled, "campers decide to have one camper eaten by bear to save...". Wow. Talk about a story with some edge. I need to find out about this story! I Googled it and found that June Cleaver Nirvana was listed FIRST. Don't you just hate it when you Google something and you get sent somewhere random?

What is up with Holly's coccyx?

The history of Holly's coccyx is here for those of you questioning why Holly mentions her coccyx weekly.

The coccyx report today is slightly better then last week. But I have this pain in my neck...


Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!


In response to my random comment lottery system and the never ending fruit bowl saga:

I still can't believe no randomly selected comments have landed in your fruit bowl

Thanks Jennifer for your wise observation. You are this week's Peep of the Week!


The wait is over.
It is now time!
Everyone has been asking...
What is in Holly's fruit bowl?
In honor of Brittany who commented to actual fruit in my fruit bowl last week,
"Waaaay more appetizing than my fruit bowl...which merely contains lint and 4 rusty pennies."
here is a special photo edition of What is in Holly's fruit bowl:



Happy Monday.
I hope today you have a song in your heart.
And I hope that song is not super annoying...

41 comments:

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I don't see the lint. ANd those pennies are way too shiny.

KEEP BELIEVING

jill jill bo bill said...

How weird! I thught I was the only one that found out about Potluck in the back seat of a Chevrolet. I feel much better knowing I am not alone.

Brittany said...

HA! Seriously, I think I literally peed seeing that! Now I am going to go upstairs singing Knight Rider to change my pants.

Louise said...

There IS not 80's music without Night Ranger. I'm mad now that I don't have a turntable on which I can play my only Night Ranger music. Why didn't I ever get that updated?

Impressed with the actual fruit bowl picture. I have no idea what was in my head for it, but not that. I don't think it LOOKS like a fruit bowl, so you can put whatever you want in it any time, without any guilt at all. ESPECIALLY lint and pennies. (But I agree the pennies are a little too clean and shiny. How to they remain like that in a house with 4 boys?)

Unknown said...

Can I just say that my Mondays wouldn't be the same without viewing the diagram of the human coccyx that you are kind enough to present us with? Ok. I said it.

Hope you have a great week girl! But yes, It's just another Manic Monday! ; )

Anonymous said...

I love you. You love me. We're a happy blogging family. With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, won't you say you love me too?

You're welcome.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Well your son wasn't, but AMomTwo Boys song? Argh!

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this. I was out late that night! Yes, I know out and late have just about left my vocabulary completely but in this instance mommy night out was in order! Tiny Fey nailed Sarah Palin gotta love SNL!

spinning in our own direction said...

I was lookin for potluck in all the wrong places..
looking for potluck in too many faces..
searchin for food
lookin in places
of what I been dreaming of
hopin to find good food and a friend
God bless the day I discover potluck oohhh potluck

lookin for potluck

for somereason as I was reading that song camet o my head and so hear you go... for you non country bumbkins that lookin for love from urban cowboy

Suzie said...

I did enjoy have my last comment wind up in another post. I woke me up a little and alamost caused a short circut in my brain which felt a little nice for a change.

Heather said...

Thank you! I now, after all these years, finally know the correct lyrics to that Night Ranger song (sans the potluck, of course). I've been singing it wrong all these years.

Unknown said...

Fun stuff as always. And, for once, I actually came by on a Monday. Now, I guess I best work on being on time to things happening outside of the internet.

Ash said...

Hey Brittany - were'd you get that bowl!? Super cool. If it were full of fruit, you couldn't enjoy the detail on the inside.

And I think you deserve extra kuddos for being "seasonally appropriate" with you fruit bowl. I still have my Summer version on display.

Or is that out all year round? Uh oh, now I sound mean.

Cool bowl!

Offically putting in my request for a little newbie Foreigner Potluck - "I wanna now what Potluck is..."

Em

Ash said...

And, I want to learn how to spell...

KNOW!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Saw you on my blog and had to come over and say howdy. I have a similar looking fruit bowl, not brown leafy, but containing no fruit and lint and some spare change. I guess that is a good indicator that we are not fruity people at my house. Okay I think that comment came out a little twisted but it is monday and I am not coherant yet!!
Have a great week and now I have a tune in my head....

Misty said...

I was in a coma, i believe, last week as I missed so much around the blogging community... Sad to have missed the 80's lyrical fest. will this be an annual event?

Anonymous said...

At least one of them was asleep, right? and not just acting--- they are cute!

I can't find my blog said...

Let's get POT-LUCK-AL,
POT-LUCK-AL.
Let's get in to POTLUCK.

OK, see what happens when you try to get me to be creative on a Monday morning? Sucktastic. Now I have it stuck in my head. Suppose doing laundry will help?

the planet of janet said...

i love the musical theme for the week. it's so ... so ... musical!!!

and thanks for the earworms.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you again. Looks as though I have a lot of catching up to do!

Anonymous said...

I missed that and it was funny! Thanks for posting it!

Jennifer S said...

(I secretly hoped to be Peep of the Week someday!)

Looking at those lyrics, though, makes me think I'm not trying hard enough. (You have some clever readers!)

Burgh Baby said...

Night Ranger. In my head. On a loop. CRAP!

Michelle said...

Can you please teach me how to acheive the art of sitting still?

Not one of my three boys can do that. It's quite a neat trick you've learned!

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

What? No Debbie. For shame, Holly. And, Oct 11th? Good for you?

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

What? No Debbie. For shame, Holly. And, Oct 11th? Good for you?

Beck said...

Just for you, I went and peered into my fruit bowl. And I found:
1. An apple.
2. A bunch of change. Like, nearly nine dollars in change. I'm RICH!
3. Health cards.
4. A Princess watch from McDonalds.
5. A Christmas cookie mold.
6. And a broken pullback car.
And now you know.

Roger Miller said...

Night Ranger toatally rocks! Like fer sure. I only saw them in concert, like, four times, but they were some great concerts!

I always wanted Jack Blades hair, by the way.

I need to leave.... NOW!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your neck - have you tried cranial/sacral manipulation? maybe that would help! :)

Open Grove Claudia said...

ahahahahahahahahahaha

Courtney said...

Love the last picture. All of your art is beautiful!

Courtney said...

This is not the post that comment was supposed to go to. Fix that HTML.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Now, I couldn't quite place the Night Ranger song, but that damned "Pot Luck, baby this evenin'" is stuck in my head - darned Manic Mom with her catchy tunes!

I have absolutely nothing witty to add this week, but I did give you the proper linky love for influencing my decision to move my weekend updates to Mondays and coming up with a cute name for them. Only I could never replicate the witty, fun of Potluck Mondays, so I don't event try.
http://mommyalwayswins.blogspot.com/2008/09/monday-morning-coffee-clutch-first.html

Unknown said...

Wow. I've clearly missed out on a lot. I saw you as a follower and got so tickled, I made myself take a few moments and stop on over. I'd forgotten how "edgy" you really are and am sorry for not contributing in any way shape or form. But, I'm here to say hello, give you a hug and wish you well. And, that my friends, is what really matters. Happy day to ya mommy Nirvana. Oh, and love. love. love. the new avatar! What a frick'n hoot.

Valarie Lea said...

Aren't potlucks great :)

Suburban Correspondent said...

I did? What did I say? I can't even remember.

Jenni said...

I don't even HAVE a fruit bowl...I am so not cool...

Anonymous said...

Two brown bananas.
Scratch that, one.
And some papers that I keep going through but can't seem to throw away.

Anonymous said...

Sarah Palin, I love you.

Anonymous said...

When my 8 yo was in kindergarten, the teacher played the same song every morning. I still sing it.
Say hello. I would like to get to know you. Let's be friends. Say hello. Hello!

foolery said...

We had the same hair! Only yours was perfect whereas mine was only lame. And your plaid ensemble has a name: it's the "Who shot the Couch" look.

Post a Comment