8:04 AM

Potluck postponed due to impending holiday

Posted by Texasholly |

Shhhhh...please don't tell Holly that the holiday is no longer impending and actually here. She is a little behind.

Here are a few things that I stumbled across this week...

Magic happens when you combine JCK from Motherscribe with Jennifer from Thursday Drive.

The "other" Holly breaks two commandments while learning of the evils of preschool.

Sarah gets ready for a date...with her OB/GYN?

Let's take a break for a random photo of Holly's children:


Manager Mom uncovers a puzzling list.

Mrs. Fussypants discovers some unknown facts about Sarah Palin on Twitter.

The days of the mimeograph machine were made 2008 by Foolery.

Absolutely Bananas reports on one of my favorite topics...a nice bubble bath.

If you are on StumbleUpon, please stop by my page and let's be friends...

If you are not on StumbleUpon and would like to be, please stop by my page or email me at junecleaver at tx.rr.com. I am working on certification as a StumbleCoach. OK, I am totally making that up, there is no such thing...YET! But I would be glad to walk you through things. I can even provide testimonials of previous StumbleStudents.

Oh, and for another random stop on the Holly's Grand Shameless Self Promotion Tour of 2008...

please befriend me on FaceBook. If you don't know my last name, just email me and we will exchange the top secret information (junecleaver at tx.rr.com).

Alrighty then, I will leave you with a potluck promise:

I don't know when

but when you least expect it

a potluck

will appear

here.

Happy Labor Day!

25 comments:

Manager Mom said...

Hey. Thanks for the shout out!

Look for my email, so that we can perpetrate the friendage. If we haven't already...

Suburban Correspondent said...

Ha! I totally fell for that StumbleCoach certification thing!

Jennifer S said...

You should email Stumble about that! You're a Stumbling guru. Which kind of makes you sound drunk, but you know what I mean.

Thanks, again, for the Stumble and for the shout out here!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I just naturally assumed that you meant my birthday as the impending holiday since it's next week. (Nevermind the fact that you don't actually know me...) So, that gives you at least another week to prepare.

Anonymous said...

Sunny day! What is better for a walk with children? Pictures are very cheerful and bright. Your boys are handsome:)

Rachel said...

The boys look adorable!!!!

Someday I'll be cool enough to be in Holly's potluck ;-) LOL

Smooches.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

You know you are such a nut. Thanks for sharing my need to say, "Bless me Father...." with another group of peeps. Loves ya dear.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

How do you get those boys to wear vests? Never, ever, even as infants would my boys have allowed it. They are so preppy and adorable I can't stand it.

Unknown said...

You are so funny! Thanks for the links see you when you return.

jubilee said...

And I was hungry for potluck dangnabbit.

Jenni said...

I loooove that picture of your boys!

Let's be facebook friends!

Valarie Lea said...

I'm going to go find you on facebook right now! :)

Kellan said...

Yes - I would definitely attest to your being the best Stumble Upon teacher ever. Not that I am totally sure what I am doing all the time - but, I am getting it and it is all due to your help. Thanks so much! Hope you had a good weekend - Kellan

Cynthia said...

Girl, I need a Stumble tutorial...I have yet to really figure that out. I have a page, I just don't quite know what to do next...

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

These photos are so colorful! How fun!

Roger Miller said...

So you'll be my Facebook friend? Way cool!

Hope you had a GREAT weekend... now get back to whatever it is you were supposed to be doing! I myself will be playing hooky tomorrow (tweaked my back and I am now walking like I'm 80). :)

Ron Davison said...

How to tell that boys really love their mother: they are wearing sweaters on Labor Day weekend, posing for a photo, and still smiling.
And it is perfectly fine that you don't have a potluck today. I'll just help myself to the fruit loops you thoughtfully left in this dish near the entry. Dry sugared cereal is too often overlooked as finger food.

Your Pal Pinki said...

Your blog is fun! Thanks for the fun pictures and drawings and randomness!

Burgh Baby said...

Oh, Potluck . . . where are you? Come out, come out wherever you are!

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Hi Holly! Happy Tuesday. Hope you had a fabulous holiday. I lost my son and almost called the cops and used the blog for cheap therapy to get over it. Other than that, it was terrific.

Thanks for all of your recommendations. Am loving linking over to new sites. It is also fun to see what different mommy blogger's styles are.

Threeundertwo said...

You hired those kids, right? Or do they just always look like models?

Brittany said...

Oh word, and then stumbleupon friend me after you friend her!

Anonymous said...

linked over to blissfully domestic - love it!

Mozi Esme said...

Just wanted to say that is one great photo!

Post a Comment