6:00 AM

Hey, it's a potluck. What do you expect?

Posted by Texasholly |



WOW! I have no idea where that came from. I know it is always hard to detect tone when reading, but that title is quite hostile.

But it is Monday!
And it is Potluck!

So let's get this potluck started...

I will absolutely not be serving "That green bean casserole with the mushroom soup and the onion ring topping. Barf Barf Barf." today at the potluck. That was a really well phrased argument by ThreeUnderTwo. You mention green and barf in the same sentence and I am out. Way out. So no green bean casserole. None. Not even if you beg. Like you are going to beg for green bean casserole, really people, you are above that.


You want a piece of me?
huh?
You want a piece of me?



Reid (5) was obsessed with the boxing ring at a local jump house place. He would put on the protective helmet and both very heavy boxing gloves.

He would take a step or two in a boxer dance step, lift his arm to throw a punch, and then...

this...



If you see him across the ring, my suggestion is to just wait it out. The KO is inevitable. You will win. Just stay seated. It is his game to lose.

Today is a special edition of "What dear reader arrived after Googling this?"

because it is being combined with...
What is up with Holly's coccyx?

One of my dear readers (one who has my full sympathy and understanding) arrived here at the Nirvana after Googling, "feels like I was kicked in the tailbone".

I know! I know! I feel your pain. We are kindred coccyx spirits...


Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!


In response to my letter to Drama, Drama wrote back:

My Dearest Holly,
When you left me, lo, those many many years ago, I vowed I would have the last laugh. You broke my heart and I'm a lesser entity because of it, you cold-hearted, unemotional woman.

I hope you and your Common Sense get what you deserve! And if you ever want to see your children calmly sitting on the couch with their hands neatly folded in their lap, you might consider coming back to me.

Still Pining,
Drama

Thanks Nanny Goats in Panties! Because you delivered Drama's letter you are Peep of the Week!

And now for the question...
that must be answered each week...

What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



No one*.
*No one guessed correctly the poker connection to the texasholly name. Texasholly has been my online poker name forever in honor of my favorite poker player, Doyle Brunson who wrote the book on poker (literally! He wrote Super System). Doyle's nickname is Texas Dolly.

So I put a few oranges in the fruit bowl so it wouldn't be lonely.

Tune into the Nirvana tomorrow...you will hear a new voice.

Happy Monday! May all the punches you throw be well balanced...

27 comments:

Courtney said...

He looked cute with all that gear on though!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

"Mama said knock you out..."

Louise said...

A new voice? How can I wait until tomorrow to figure out what ni the world you are talking about. And I'm hostile, too. All the guests JUST left. It was a good thing, or some of them might not have left alive.

Manic Mommy said...

Can you buy the boxing gear for at-home use? It could save a lot of time-outs around here.

jill jill bo bill said...

FYI-Dolly is a absolutely gay name for a guy. heh

dammit! If only I had known about your diversion of vegetable casseroles I could be the Peep!!

My "R" would have been:
T-Texas
H-Hold 'em
R-...Ralphing when she thinks of green bean casseroles...
H-Holly

Shit. I never win.

Anonymous said...

So much here to comment on! You always give your readers their money worth...

Okay this whole poker thing is a whole side of you I never would have suspected. I like that you are surprising like that....

Oh- and I could use some dang Nirvana over here!

Miss Lisa said...

Love those gloves--were they on the back to school shopping list ;)

Suz Broughton said...

It is just amazing (and a little frightening) what brings people to our blogs sometimes.
This place looks like fun. My son would dig those gloves...

Threeundertwo said...

ROFL that my eloquent comment got notice!

If I ruled the world, green bean casserole would be banned permanently.

And those boxing gloves are hilarious.

Kellan said...

I need to get my kids some of those boxing gloves - they have done nothing but fight since school let out - Ha!

Have a good day - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Your (mention of) green bean casserole just made me sick ;)

Beck said...

My mother-in-law makes that green bean casseroles for all festive occasions. Tasteee. Sadly, I am allergic to food that makes me barf.

Jennifer S said...

*sniff* I could have been a contendah! (I knew the answer!) Ah well, I'll just settle in here between the oranges.

A new voice? Intriguing...

We could use those boxing gloves at home. Our bounce place doesn't provide a helmet. Wonder if I should ask!

Burgh Baby said...

I WANT THOSE GLOVES. That is all.

Suburban Correspondent said...

You want some salsa for that fruit bowl? I have extra...and the tomato is really a fruit, you know.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Fark. I totally knew the Texas Holly reference. Shows you how much my brain is fried. I thought I'd emailed you about it. Fark. Fark. Fark. I think you and I need pedicures....how about Sunday about 5pm :)

Elizabeth said...

Love the gloves. Too cute.
Olympic Training???

Glad to know the poker reference, not a player, myself.

Sweet adventure, too.

FYI, this is my first blog visit...at all...since thursday :)

the planet of janet said...

but... but ... i LIKE green bean casserole.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

America's Funniest Home Videos had a hysterical clip of a little girl saying "You want a piece of meat? Do you? Dou want a piece of ham?"

Brittany said...

What do I expect? What do YOU expect?

Sorry. I am pretty sure I am ovulating, so I am a tad aggressive.

Do you think next week we can have that weird carmel apple salad with the snickers in it? I like that. Just, not with the pineapple...that is disgusting, who puts pineapple in snicker apple salad!?

Loralee Choate said...

Dude. Drama TOTALLY needs to write me a letter.

(Jealous!)

Unknown said...

I can barely express how jealous I am that you have a coccyx kindred spirit. It's just not fair...

Anonymous said...

I think I need some of those boxing gloves. Can I buy them online?? So... is Miss Holly hearing voices?

You know, sex this week on Denver Cereal - no heaving bosoms per your request.

Scary Mommy said...

I am about to embark on that journey. Shit.

Nora said...

He might be onto something with that peanut butter and bacon thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you as you need lots and lots of prayers.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Just an extremely belated THANK YOU for making me Peep Of The Week!

Margaret

Post a Comment