1:24 AM

Monday's potluck of tangential proportions...

Posted by Texasholly |


Happy, happy Monday everyone...

A nice breeze is blowing.

The sun is peaking through the clouds.

The birds are contently chirping (but not in an annoying way like the overachieving bird outside my window yesterday who seemed to have a severe case of rooster-envy).

And I have breakfast pastries:



Please form an orderly line behind Reid (sorry that he is a little slow but that is part of his charm).

It is good to be alive .

Top billing this week definitely goes to Peep of the Week:



You people are FUNNY! You should really have a blog. The bar was set VERY HIGH very quickly after last week's roll out of Peep of the Week. Many comments on that very post had me crying.

Then came the comments for the pink sparkly contest. Really people, you are FUNNY and CREATIVE. You should REALLY have a blog. I can't even begin to pick my favorite on that. But I should mention that several of you have HALF the answer correct to the TWO PART question, but NO ONE has the full answer YET. Enter often! Especially if it is funny...

Oh where was I? Oh ya! Peep of the Week! I am going to address the contest and the resulting comments at a later date (Shhhhh...Friday, don't tell anyone). They are excluded from this week's Peep contest.

This week I am giving out some honorable mentions to the following commenters: Madge, Standing Still, Momo Fali, Lisa and The Bloggess.

The winning Peep of the Week comment is:

i once found a little green army guy in my coffee.
you know -- the best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup?

by Janet from the Planet of Janet. Thanks Janet!

Did you see that I was part of Jennifer's fantasy? Not only would I willingly take part in her fantasy, but her fantasy has become my fantasy....it's poker, people!

And now it is time for What is in Holly's Fruit Bowl?! (If you are in the dark as to why Holly's fruit bowl is in the dark, this will enlighten you: part I and part II. Please don't ask Holly why she can't tell you this simple story in only one post.)


NOTHING!
*rim shot*
(I hope that wasn't too big of a let down)




I received 5 visitors last week that Googled the word "blogger". All I can say is that you 5 people must be the MOST persistent, patient people in the universe to actually get to my site on such a general term search. I was probably on page 325 of that search. You are welcome to stay and chat awhile after that long journey...please get another pastry and I will look for a Lego-free cup of coffee for you.

Do you know Claudia? She is the sweetest (and smaaaaart!). I love her blog and am addicted to her unconscious mutterings.

*new feature alert*
*new feature alert*

HOLLY'S BLOG TALK**
**Holly's blog talk will conclude with a photo of her child(ren) which will be a signal that Holly's blog talk is over. This is because Holly has come under some criticism from readers who do not blog that Holly might be getting a bit too technical *insert Holly-who-can't-figure-out-her-fancy-phone's laughter here* and sometimes slant her writing toward readers who blog. Holly is hypersensitive to criticism this issue and hopes that if you agree with this feedback that you will skip ahead to the photo. Holly will not be taking any complaints from people who were warned, yet read on...

Phew! Now that they are gone we can really chat...

First, I would like to again declare my undying love for the new blogger blog list function. Liv warned me against "feeding the blogger ego" which I totally get, but can not help myself because it has changed my life. I haven't visited my reader in over a week. I feel so young, pretty and free...

Second, since I am no longer using the "share" function on my reader to highlight your posts that I adore. I am learning to use StumbleUpon to stumble them. It is a work in progress right now, but I am slowly learning. I really appreciate Jennifer's timely post that has helped me out. My StumbleUpon page is here. Once I figure it out I will try to post this information on my sidebar. Suggestions and help are encouraged!

Third, a huge thank you to Good Mom, Bad Mom. They have included me in several of their Blog Share Sunday features. Good Mom, Bad Mom was my largest referral source this month. I love reading this blog and the Blog Share Sunday posts are always one of my favorites (and I am not just saying that) because I always find some really, really funny stuff.

Alrighty, guess it is time to bring the others back in...

*this marks the conclusion of Holly's blog talk*


Oh, I almost forgot my new favorite feature:
What is up with Holly's coccyx?



I am still toting around a donut. I am returning to yoga today which will help me recover my outward appearance of sanity.


I will end this three hour potluck with this:

Boys: Mommy, do you like diapers?
Me: Yes.
Boys (already giggling): Why?
Me: Because it keeps babies from pooping and peeing on the floor.
*boys are squealing in delight and laughter for 10 minutes and then return to beg to repeat the conversation*

May your Monday be as funny as a diaper...

27 comments:

Roger Miller said...

So now we have to guess which part of somebody's comment is correct, jump on that bandwagon, and come up with the second part, or maybe the first part, right?

Okay, I'll go back and try again.

Did you actually go through 325 pages of Google to find a reference to you? You are a stronger woman than I. Oh wait, I'm not a woman. :)

Always wanted to do this...

FIRST!

I feel so cool now.

Angie's Spot said...

This is my first monday morning potluck and what a delightful thing to start my day! I'm off to get the story on this fruit bowl story. I really love your notebook paper animation. Classic!

InTheFastLane said...

You need some fruit! And that was a great coffee cup comment.

Anonymous said...

Never underestimate the power the discussion of "poop" or "pee" to lighten any moment with boys. Or middle aged men.

Unknown said...

OMGosh... I just found your blog. Sort of... I mean, I had seen it before but now I just REALLY found it. You know what I mean?

I have to say - I'm in love... or at least deep like. Twitterpated over it, I guess you could say.

For that reason I tagged you for a meme at my blog. Rock on.

;)

Courtney said...

Do you like diapers...boys' minds are wonderful! That did kinda make me giggle too though!

Suzie said...

Im Back! Thanks for being there while I was gone. I am very dissapointed in your fruit bowl though. i was hoping for mangos

Anonymous said...

Can I just live in that donut case? Seriously.

Jennifer S said...

I think you should just fill the fruit bowl with poker chips and call it a day.

Thanks for the link! Seriously, I will call you the very minute there's even a hint that this fantasy game could take place. Really, if even one of those guys could show up, you'll hear from me.

Awesome potluck. I'm stuffed.

Anonymous said...

Your delightful potluck has elevated my Mondays from dreary to so-so. Not that your potluck is so-so (I did just say it was delightful, didn't I?) but we are talking about Mondays here.
PS I have also broken my coccyx. Good times.

Sarah said...

*lol* As always I'm just rolling on the floor with this!! Thanks for your ever-so-fun Monday post.

And I'm working on the whole stumble thing, too. Nto fully getting it, but I'm working on it. Despite having the toolbar, I don't always remember to stumble ;)

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Congrats on making it to Jenny's big time. Totally deserved. I still do not get Stumble upon, so you may have to twit me and tell me what the heck it is.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

too much bloggy talk huh? That's what happens when you get all dotcommy.

Love the diaper conversation as a mother of boys.

KEEP BELIEVING

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the shout out. If I had know I would have brought donuts! :)

I do love it when you're set to random. These posts are fun - and pastries besides?

How's the hair growing out? Sorry about the pain in the rear.

Miss Lisa said...

Thanks for the honorable mention :)

What is is about candy that turns tongues blue that makes it as exciting as talking about pee and poop to little kids?!

What is 'stumble upon'--and please speak s-l-o-w-l-y; I still don't get half the google blogger stuff :0

the planet of janet said...

i'd like to thank the academy ... and holly-who-cracks-me-up-every-morning-and-who-draws-really-great.

and does the fact that i usually post at midnight mean that i will never ever be on your blogroll again??????

Misty said...

First, I have to read you first because you are absolutely perfect. My day does not begin right (or even remotely well at all) without your blog. You know how Ward Cleaver was with the paper? That's me with Holly's world. It's sadly true...

Second, I love the "Soldiers in your cup" comment. That really was the best.

Third, I too adore the new list. Go Blogger!!! (Finally)

Mrs. G. said...

I hope my Monday is as funny as a diaper too.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Loved it! All of it. Please let me know what you find out about Stumble Upon. I got cross-eyed after a few minutes. Okay, that isn't technically true, I actually wasted too much time and gave up.

EatPlayLove said...

you really DO need yoga, you have so much going on in that brain of yours! j/k.. yet again, always a fun potluck!

Unknown said...

I love starting the potluck with pastries!! YUM! And I am SO loving the favorite blogger list too! That baby kept me reading this weekend! Happy Potluck!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Ahhhh... another Monday, another delightful post from Holly. :) This always makes me smile. I know I've said that before, but it's still true.

cce said...

As usual, you have exhausted me. But in a good way. In a Holly potluck kind of way, which is unique and special and entirely welcome. Now I'm off to take a nap.

Laski said...

So much going on, my head is spinning. I can only imagine your mind on a BUSY day :)

Enjoyable as usual :) You tickle me . . .

Louise said...

Nothing in the fruit bowl? What's up with that??

JCK said...

Don't you love how they find the simplest things funny? I loved this post! I was able to read it over the last 2 days. ;)

I am intimidated and intrigued by Blogger's new updates on blogs thingy on your sidebar. Since I didn't set up a proper Google Reader yet, adding blogs one by one appears scary.

A Mom Two Boys said...

There-in lies my ONLY problem with Wordpress. The whole blogroll-reader thingy. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do something like on my "new" site. HATE.

You, though? LOVE.

Post a Comment