Happy Monday everyone. I am extra perky today due to Mimi and Bampa in charge of three little boys. Blog-Stedman and I drove out of town as quickly as possible to enjoy the Texas hill country for a quick get away. Yesterday afternoon and evening we spent several grueling hours floating in inter tubes on a lazy river.

For potluck food, just let me know what you want, I will order room service. Just don't drink the honor bar water, it is a whopping $4.50. If I see that water charge on my bill, I will hunt you down...




I have been having some tailbone pain for awhile. I have been faithfully going to physical therapy (which has been a real challenge since I am a PT. The logistics of treating your own tailbone pain is a bit insurmountable.)

Since the pain has not been getting better over the last few weeks I had an MRI last Thursday. My personal Radiologist (blog-Stedman, MD) called me as I left saying, "Wow. You have a lot of swelling around your coccyx. It really looks like it hurts."

Thanks. I guess validation is a good thing. So what do you do for coccyx edema?



DONUT! Not the yummy, warm from the oven Krispy Kreme...the rubber, blow up kind that you sit on. My personal donut is light red in color. Yes, when I sit it appears as if I am sitting on a whoppie cushion. Oh the joys.

As we were leaving this morning to get into the car, Reid (4) says, "mommy don't forget your toilet".




I had a dear reader arrive after Googling, "picture of a lady with a cleaver in her hand" this week. I had thought this thought once or twice, but not posted such a thing. Are some of my dear readers psychic?

I am so happy to announce that searches for "crapicity" has overtaken "june cleaver nude" and "june cleaver naked" combined! I am so relieved. This is an obvious result of the higher caliber of reader that the Nirvana now attracts.

Nap Warden graciously installed feedburner last week. I am up to a whopping 4 subscribers! I know! I know! If anyone has a suggestion on how to get that number to reflect ACTUAL subscribers, I would really appreciate it. I feel all lonely...

Which brings me to the Haloscan saga. I will from now on refer to it as Hellscan. I was so sure I wanted it because I would really like to have your (yes, your) email addresses to send responses to comments and stalk you in a friendly kinda way. So Nap Warden granted my wish. Hellscan then did it's job of HIDING EVERY SINGLE COMMENT I HAD EVER RECEIVED ON THE NIRVANA. What?!?

Yes, every single comment was hidden. I thought they were all deleted forever and fell into a deep, lonely depression because I need your comments. I love your comments. Please don't delete my comments Hellscan!

I begged Nap Warden to de-install Hellscan. She was so sweet and again granted my wish. My original comments returned! Cue the angel choir. I regained my happiness. I won't cheat on you again Blogger (at least not until I fully recover from this episode).

The only problem was I am missing all the comments of the 36 hours I was on Hellscan. That is a small price to pay for the greater comment good. I am temporarily cured from my grass is greener syndrome.

When I downloaded my pictures this week to get ready for Sunday's photo post, I came across the following pictures that I did not take:




Being a super great detective, I am thinking that a certain 7 y/o named Ryan may have "borrowed" the camera...

Have I mentioned I have a pain in the butt?

Update: We just got the hotel bill and someone drank the $4.50 water...

39 comments:

Kalynne Pudner said...

Hmm. What does Ryan tell people he wants to be when he grows up?

Anonymous said...

Just giving you a bit of blogging love.. I'm one of your subscribers and love the blog :)

~ Regular Lurker

Anonymous said...

I subscribe.. mmm I wonder if I have to resubscribe to show up in your feedburner..
I have a love hate relationship with feedburner. I had 40 subscribers before I moved and now I have between 15 and 19 or so feedburner says..

hope your coccyx gets better soon..
:) Kim

Anonymous said...

I love tubing in the Hill Country, tho I haven't done it in years. I'm sorry for the pain in your butt. And, I would flip out if my comments went away. I'm currently flipping out for the ones that are on the old site & won't be able to import to the new one. Sigh. Changing sites is fun, right?

anglophilefootballfanatic.com

Rachel said...

Hello dahlin'!
I've been subscribing for a while, do I need to re-sub?
Sorry about your coccyx, although that did have me giggling. :-) Hope y'all had a great time and the little camera thief obviously had a theme in mind for his expedition.
Happy Monday.

Miss Lisa said...

Have fun in Hill Country!
Love the toilet line from your son :)

Louise said...

Glad you're having fun on your little getaway. Uh, with your "toilet." Hilarious comment by the son! (As well a hilarious pictures. How big of you to post them.)

I injured my coccyx when I was about 10. It's never been the same, and I still have trouble on long trips. Good luck with that!

I promise to subscribe when i get home from my blissful 2-week "vacation" in the rainy Ozarks.

the planet of janet said...

i already subscribed. but do i have to re-up now that you're all fancy and feedburner'ish? or do i count as the tried and true?

hope that pain in your butt subsides soon. or that you at least don't have to cart a toilet around with you. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Er...um...coccyx pain...wonder what my beloved Chad would do about that. Currently though, I think he's afraid of my coccyx. So am I. ;)

Suzie said...

You are not alone! No way even with your funny pillow you still have lots of fans

Sarah said...

*LOL* "Mommy don't forget your toilet"!!! Oh, I'm dying here! *G*

Sorry about Hellscan...yeah, I heard about how it blocks all previous comments when someone else took to using it. *sigh* Can't win them all! I'd subscribe by reader, but I don't use one. I have a folder full of favorites that I go through 3-5 times a day :D

spinning in our own direction said...

Glad you and Blog stedman had some down town. I am so jealous. WE haent been away over night since Luke was 1... UGHHH.. So sorry about the pains in your butt. How exactly do you hurt your coccyx??? Not sure I want to know..

Elizabeth said...

I hope your "tushie" heals soon.
I loved the "toilet" comment...and I'd LOVE to look like I'm sitting on a whoopie cushion! Think of the laughs! Or does that hurt too much.
I'm not subscribed but I check in off of my blog-roll as often as I can!
God Bless, EJT
PS, no new wildlife this week.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I've soooo been there. I'll tell you that the only thing that really made it go away was Jillian Michaels jump workouts - jump squats, rock star jumps, knee tuck jumps, and the like. I know it sounds completely improbable - that's just my experience. No PT, massage, even my beloved acupuncture, actually fixed the problem - jump squats... yep.

It kind of creeps me out that I have such things in common with you.

I wondered what happened to my comments - I just figured that you hated me. I pouted for... a year or so... I think but I don't quite remember.... Actually, I felt bad because I didn't want you to think I didn't love you anymore. Then I pouted... yeah a year... or so....

Manic Mommy said...

Sorry about your ass. Good to have your own personal radiologist.

My aunt horrified me the first time 'the families' met. My BIL is also a rad. Auntie's a bit Munchausen and kept asking x-ray questions...oy! I felt like she should have come with a disclaimer: not representative of all family members.

Valarie Lea said...

Sorry about the pain in your buttocks area. What did you do to cause that kind of a problem.

Unknown said...

I can't believe you have butt pictures to 'end' with! Too good! Sorry you are in pain - that's NOT good.

I laughed out loud at the "forgot your toilet" comment. Thanks! : )

MoscowMom said...

I also loved the "toilet" comment! Sorry you're in pain, though. That's really hard when trying to keep up with your kids...

About the surprise pics... I was once surprised when downloading pics to come across something unrecognizable--AT FIRST. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the grey-white background with brown dots was our TOILET with a child-sized contribution... It was back when I was potty-training Natalia and still scrapbooking... She was convinced that pooping on her own for the first time would warrant a really big "spread" in our scrapbook. Um, no. But thanks for playing!

EatPlayLove said...

A few good laughs today..thank you! Except for the pain, sorry about that! Maybe your coccyx and my knee can go off and heal together!

Burgh Baby said...

Just so you know, I totally would have believed that you have a pain in the butt, even without an MRI. That sort of thing happens when you're outnumbered!

Jennifer S said...

So floating on the inner tube felt sort of familiar?

Hope your tailbone heals soon, and have a fun time on your trip.

(Oh, that was me. I drank the water.)

Memarie Lane said...

I feel your pain, I just moved to WP and am still trying to remember why I did it. I'm just lucky I have a Webmaster for a SIL or my blog would be dead.

Jacque said...

We just stayed at a hotel in Canada with a $4.50 bottle of water by the coffee pot. I hid it so the kids (and husband) wouldn't open it. We were afraid to use the coffee too! ;)

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Hope your pain in the butt goes away soon.

Wow, it would be cheaper to drink a gallon of gasoline. Not healthier, but cheaper.

Enjoy your trip.

cce said...

I'm with Jennifer, there's something ironic about your having gone on a inner-tubing vaca while having to use a donut for inflamed tail bone issues. Well planned.

Ron Davison said...

Donut and tail bone issues. I know about that by proximity. Our first newborn snapped my wife's tailbone on exit. Afterwards, she looked a long time at me. I thought it might be love or admiration or ... Finally, she said, "You know, I should have paid more attention. You have a really, really big head." Let me just say that I'm sorry. Sorry you have this pain and sorry to have guzzled all the water with Jennifer H.

Jennifer said...

i want to leave a "real" comment, but i can't right now... my one daughter is locked in the bathroom and the other one had too pooh!! sorry for the details, but thought i'd let you know... i also should get my butt off the computer chair today... but i WILL BE BACK... mark my words!!

xoxoxoxoxo's jenn

Beck said...

I hurt my tailbone a few years ago and it STILL HURTS sometimes. Stupid tailbone.

JCK said...

I know you know that I love you, but I do. Your blog posts just make my day start better. That's all.

Well, I did want to comment on your pain in the tooshkus. I am sorry. Perhaps Blogstedman could also do a little creative massage in the area to help circulation. Or maybe they make a massaging donut?

Danielle said...

I had never heard of anyone else using "Mimi". We don't use Bamba...I like it though. In our family, it's Mimi and Papa Birdie....don't ask! I'm anxious to see if Aila comes up with her own names ;)

Heather said...

I sense a theme, here.

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Some days I have 8 subscribers. Some days I have 11. :)

Jenny Gardiner said...

I'm sorry you're a pain in the butt. Wait, I mean I'm sorry you've got a pain in the butt! Much better to eat a donut than sit on one....

Dirty Laundry Diva said...

Those water prices are off the hook and don't you just love those mystery photos? Ha!

Happy Campers said...

Ouch! Sorry you have to sit on a donut like a Grandma :)

InTheFastLane said...

I would hate to see the pictures of me that are on my 8 year old's camera...

A Mom Two Boys said...

Ha! Coccyx.

But that sucks, really.

Purple Teacup said...

OMG the toliet thing made me guffaw. How did you hurt yourself???

Ok, Where Was I? said...

No, no, no. Since I'm new here this is the first I'm seeing of your googlers looking for June Cleaver nude. What?! First, as if. As if that really exists. But who thinks of that?

Post a Comment