1:00 AM

Most spam is better than this...

Posted by Texasholly |

I received this email yesterday:

-----
Dear friend,

I am a Consultant. I have a Client that has Interest in Investing in Your Company or Country, can You be of Assistance?

I shall give Details when You Reply.

Mr. Daniel Williams

-----

After I read this, the following scenario played out in my head:

Holly is the director of Spam Central located in the random country of your spamming choice. She supervises a room full of Spam Central employees who spend their days spamming from their grey cubicles. She periodically reviews her employee’s actions to assure that Spam Central lives up to its reputation of being the finest in the spamming business.

Holly just read Mr. Williams’ latest effort (see above). She stands up, walks to the door of her office to view a room filled with grey cubicles:

Holly (yelling): Mr. Williams, please come to my office ASAP!

Mr. Daniel Williams (darting cubicles to stand at attention at Holly’s office door): Yes?

Holly (speaking loudly and holding a print-out of the email): What EXACTLY is this?

Mr. Daniel Williams: uh…that is what I sent out today, ma’am.

Holly (exasperated): How many people received this?

Mr. Daniel Williams: uh…uh…30,000 maybe a few more…

Holly: Did you come up with this work of genius on your own?

Mr. Daniel Williams: Yes, what is wrong? I ran it through both Spam Central English spell-check and grammar programs.

Holly (turns and yells out into the cubicle room): Mr. Roberts! Mr. Smith!

(Mr. Roberts and Mr. Smith come running to the office door): Yes ma’am?

Holly: Mr. Roberts, what did you write about today?

Mr. Roberts (smiling with confidence): My letter today was about a Sudanese Prince who had $21 million in a bank account that couldn't be transferred without the help of an American who would allow the use of their bank account for the money transfer for a finder’s fee--a HANDSOME finder’s fee.

Holly (nodding with satisfaction): And you, Mr. Smith?

Mr. Smith (snickering): I wrote about a group of American soldiers that confiscated enemy gold, but the USA government won’t allow them to keep it unless an American citizen sponsors the transfer into currency. The sponsorship would make it both legal and profitable for the sponsor.

Holly: Good work, both of you. Now can you please listen to what Mr. Williams sent out today? Go ahead Mr. Williams…read your masterpiece to them…

Mr. Williams (reaching for the paper Holly hands him): I am a Consultant. I have a Client that has Interest in Investing in Your Company or Country, can You be of Assistance?

Mr. Roberts and Mr. Smith (laughing hysterically): YOU SENT THAT OUT?

Holly (disgusted): Yes he sent about 30,000. Luckily I caught it before it got out to very many people.

Mr. Roberts: Dude, that sucks!

Mr. Smith: Really man, that was a total phone-in.

Mr. Roberts (frantically, trying to salvage his work): Hey, I added the “or Country” part to make it sound all official. You know, like there was a bunch of money involved…

Holly (dryly): I doubt our email list includes the Queen of England.

Holly: I am sorry Mr. Williams, but here at Spam Central we expect more. You might get away with that crap at Spam “R” Us or Spamarama, but here we have higher spam standards. I am sorry but you are fired.

(Mr. Williams nods and walks out of the cubicle-filled office of Spam Central. He slowly drives home to his wife to admit he couldn't even write spam.)


Moral of the story: If you are going to send Holly spam, please make an effort.

22 comments:

Cynthia said...

Haloscan is gone!

Anonymous said...

What? That could have been legit. You should check it out.

A Mom Two Boys said...

Maybe they meant country as in "Holly's quest for worldwide blog domination". Sheesh.

And AllMediocre got it's first spam comments yesterday. Four from the same IP address within 7 minutes. People are losers.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I don't know, they do seem to have a business opportunity for you--maybe you should check it out . . .

Liv said...

holly has got imaginationitis!

Heather said...

I would hate to live in the country that needs help from Mr. Williams.

Jennifer S said...

To live in your brain for just one day. :-)

Hilarious. I'll write you a $25,000 check now.

Anonymous said...

Poor Mr. Williams. I wonder if his suicide note sucked. hee hee.

JCK said...

Brilliant!

cce said...

This slays me...probably computer generated or poorly translated from Swahili which is the mecca of Spam I've been told.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I think this was written by the same people that operate our benefits help desk.

KEEP BELIEVING

Anonymous said...

I personally know the CEO of Spamorama; she's my cousin. I'll let her know Mr. Williams is available.

Followed you from Suzie's @ Up the Hill Backwards!

Suzie said...

Hey thats me! Holly you have an award waiting for you on my blog.

Manic Mommy said...

So...Manager Holly canned the bad spammer? Bitter, bitter Holly.

Manic Mommy said...

So...Manager Holly canned the bad spammer? Bitter, bitter Holly.

Unknown said...

I just love those ones about wanting to transfer $$ to you account. Do people really fall for that crap? Guess so...

Funny post girl!

Anonymous said...

When Holly get lemons, she makes lemonade. When Holly gets spam, she blogs and it's still hilarious. Go figure. hehe

Anonymous said...

I have just scrolled down through your blog and it is too funny! Where do you come up with this stuff?! It is great. I will definitely be coming back to see what's next.

Jen
http://www.listplanit.com

Laski said...

Finally, a look at what really goes on . . .

Hilarious. My sides hurt :)

Nora said...

This is hilarious. Thanks for the laughs!

Did you read the thing in the New Yorker a few months ago about someone who responded to the African money transfer thing and lost their life savings, etc. So sad.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I see a new career in your future!

Elan Morgan said...

You're being featured on Five Star Friday:
http://tinyurl.com/4w2evh

Post a Comment