Hi honey, I'm home!

Notice anything different?

To the right?

To the left?

Up?

Down?

I know! I know! I am in love with my new place. It has the right balance between color and black and white, retro and today, perkiness and angst (OK, it might be a little light on the angst, but who needs a whole bunch of angst anyway?).

Can I just say that Nap Warden is the most patient, long-suffering, capable, level-headed, creative person I have worked with in a very long time.

And NICE. So NICE. Probably too NICE. She could write a giant essay...maybe even a book about what a pain I have been about this.

Here is my side of the story. I love my blog. I loved the way it looked but wanted to make a change. I wanted my blog to scream "HOLLY!".

Nap Warden did an amazing job. She designed a fabulous look that I ALMOST had her install last week. Then at the last minute I changed my mind...

And then started at square one again. She was so sweet that her obvious head banging and cursing in the general direction of Texas did not translate in her emails.

After another week of emails, scans, links and marker drawings, this is what we came up with.

I love it.

This is what a visual scream "HOLLY!" looks like (today).

Thank you Nap Warden. I will release you from any designer-client privilege to tell your tale of woe. You might even want to develop some sort of screening process to assure you never have another high-maintenance-like-Holly client.

We are She is not done. We have several more things that are being added:

-I will be all official at my very own .com address
-I will have Feedburner installed properly (unlike the unsuccessful attempts of my past)
-I will have email subscriptions available (mom)
-I am changing to Haloscan for comments so that I can more easily track you down
-and a few more things that hopefully will make things easier

Please hang in there while the kinks are worked out.

And go visit Nap Warden who will be very available in a few days. After me, you will be a breeze...

34 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE IT!
It's gorgeous and retro and Sassy and everything I imagine you to be in real life!!
Nap is awesome isn't she :-)!!!

Sarah said...

It looks great!!! I'm loving the changes!!! New looks are so exciting, aren't they?!?!

Roger Miller said...

Now this looks AWESOME!! I may have to get the Nap Warden to help me out someday... once I figure out what I want to do, of course. :)

First your hair and brows, now the blog... what's next?

Anonymous said...

I scream FABOO! Dig it man.. totally.

Anonymous said...

I wish you could see my face right now.

I wish I could see it.... maybe I should freeze my expression and go take a look.....

It's like a "gaping mouth, totally delighted, wide-eyed, almost speechless" look.

But I did say almost. Speechless.

I'm never speechless.

I LOVE THIS! I LOVE YOU!!!!

Hey - did you see Blah Blah's Dallas bloggers get together idea?

http://shaunacallaghan.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-have-this-idea.html

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It's fab!

Anonymous said...

Oh My GAWD, I love it! Totally retro and awesome! Good job to both you and Nap Warden! :)

Anonymous said...

Nap Warden is the bomb! She does such an amazing job - and this is truly wonderful.

Hurray for Holly!! Hurray for Nappy!

Rachael said...

It is swell, indeed.

(And glad I'm not the only high maintainence client out there! After Shauna did my redesign, I went in and (gasp!) changed a bunch of stuff myself because, well, I'm high maintianence picky that way. She was very gracious about it too, but I kind of suspect there was a little head banging going on behind the scenes & her payment was well earned! :)).

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

I love it! I'd say you're headed for the big time in blog world.

Marcy Massura said...

ooooo this is all Googie Style at its best for certain. AND it is clear, high contrast making it easy to read. I only wish I had the funds to have all the fancy doo-dads you are going to add to your blog....I have blog envy I think!

Loralee Choate said...

I love the new digs. It makes me all jealous n'stuff and reaffirms my desire to spiff up my place.

I will have to save my pennies to have it done, though. Whenever I tinker I end up shutting down the power grid to the western United States and Dick Cheney's toilet starts flushing randomly.

Sigh.

Happy Campers said...

I'll say it again...I love the new design! Great ideas all around :)

InTheFastLane said...

And it screams June Cleaver! Although I don't think June Cleaver was ever out checking beaver traps in shortie PJs.

Miss Lisa said...

I love it! I swear my grandma had the same pattern on her kitchen countertops in light blue!

OK-I have no clue about any of the other stuff you mentioned is--I really need a class ;)

carmen said...

Love, love, love it!!

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! Anxious to hear what you think of Haloscan - I'm scared to pull that trigger. I'm also thinking of converting to .com but wasn't sure what all it involved!

Congrats on your new look!

Jennifer S said...

I love it! Love it. Love it. What a great surprise, Miss Holly!

Didn't I tell you how great Cynthia is? How patient? Didn't I tell you? Huh? Huh? (Okay, now I'm just being annoying). She's awesome, and so are you.

You both rock. And so does this look.

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, just like your fab new haircut. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm next up for the redesign. I LOVE how it looks.

Kaye said...

The place looks great!

Anonymous said...

It looks fabulous!!

Connie said...

Very very cool!

Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic! Nap Warden did an amazing job.

the planet of janet said...

holly! you're beautiful!!!

Nora said...

I LOVE IT! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I really like it. It looks great.

cheers Kim

(and extra cheers for Nap Warden)

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Looks gorgeous! hmm. I want a new look too!

suzanneelizabeths.com said...

Amazing graphics, I love the design you've chosen!

EatPlayLove said...

Love it, very fun! Can't wait for the big .com!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

spectacular Holly I love what Nap Warden did too !

Louise said...

I love the look. And I'm glad you posted this because I went on vacation exactly when you did this. I'm using someone's borrowed computer to periodically check my online stuff, and it was all different, so I thought they had a cooler computer. (They do. It's a Mac, but still.)

If this screams Holly, then Holly is cool!

JCK said...

Now you know that I love it! Did you scan her marker drawings is what I want to know.

Purple Teacup said...

I love it. Makes me want to put on an apron and clean.

Post a Comment