7:48 AM

Sound of Spring...

Posted by Texasholly |

The hills are alive with the sound of music. Well, not so much the hills since I live in a pretty flat area of Texas. And not so much music because my boys are pretty loud. Well, there may be music and I just can't hear it over their noise. But spring has sprung here and we are spending every waking moment outside.

I feel like spinning in a large field under the Alps with my guitar around my neck while followed by my 7 singing children. Well, not so much the Alps but maybe an above average in size Mesquite tree. And not so much the guitar since I don't know how to play and lugging that thing around for no reason just seems pointless. But I wouldn't trade my 3 screaming children for 7 singing ones any day. I believe that at some point the music would stop and the seven would start fighting too. Then I would have 7 screaming children which would be even more overwhelming then my current 3.

So off we go to explore in play clothes made of curtains. Well not so much curtains as Target...

18 comments:

Jennifer said...

lol. ;)

I'm glad spring has come to your area... i'm still waiting. and when it comes to NY we are going to spend every minute outside too! i cannot wait for warmer weather, and NO snow!! :) getting closer though.
enjoy your happy days!!!
love the pic of your son!! whatta cutie!!
hugs, jenn

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That is exactly what would happen with the 7 children. And then you might be tempted to beat them with the guitar.

Courtney said...

All I have to say is I'm jealous!

Happy Campers said...

You're so funny :)

Jennifer S said...

He's such a handsome guy.

Glad you revised the 7 to just the 3 you have. Otherwise I'd have to send wine and some prescription drugs to mellow you out. Though maybe someone should drive over and check your windows to see if the curtains are still there.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

And then we could all sit around and put on a marionette show only we'll go watch one instead because really with boys they will just end up tying the youngest to the stage with the sting while they launch nerf darts at him anyway. Plus, who has the storage for a stage like that.

KEEP BELIEVING

Miss Lisa said...

You can borrow my four and then you could have your seven!
I am loving this weather--except those dang clouds that just rolled in.

Anonymous said...

Isn't he just too cute! I am loving the weather. FINALLY! Now about the bluebonnets? Hello? Pop up please.

Angela said...

7 singing children? Dude--don't even wish that sort of hell on yourself. My kids were obsessed with that movie. I've yet to get the music out of my head.

Rachel said...

I saw bluebonnets today while driving down 37. Made me so happy!
He is just gorgeous.
Happy Spring. Now I want to go watch the sound of music!

Cynthia said...

I'm with you on the weather...spring finally came today!

OHmommy said...

Your post sent Spring OUR way to the frozen tundra of OH.

Many thanks!!! Keep sending warm Spring air our way!

Awesome picture!

Laski said...

You just made me want to pop in my Sound of Music DVD. What a super adorable pic!

It was 67 degrees here. I am so getting itchy!!!

Momisodes said...

LOL! What a cute post :) I love that movie and watched it all the time as a kid. I'm so jealous! I can't wait for signs of spring to come here.

JCK said...

We can feel it here, too. I love it!

Kellan said...

Cute post - very cute!!! I am lovin' this weather too - tomorrow in the 90's!! Just in time for Spring Break! Have a good Friday - see you soon. Kellan

PS Thanks for the continued prayers for our sweet baby!

Momo Fali said...

We're eagerly awaiting spring here in Ohio. It should arrive sometime around the end of May.

At least the snow is starting to melt though...thanks to the rain and all.

elizabeth embracing life said...

I am loving this Spring weather too. Hmmmmmm, curtains...needing to be replaced, the boys needing play clothes...Okay really there is some economic benefit there. LOL

Post a Comment