8:02 AM

Googling my life away...

Posted by Texasholly |

A couple of years ago I was asked to introduce my mother-in-law at a meeting. At the time she was the national president for a medical organization. To get my facts straight in non-family related areas, I googled her name. I found articles about her. I found articles she wrote. I found pictures. Curious, I then googled my own name. I found 10 different lists on which my first and last name appeared for potential PET NAMES. It is helpful to understand that both my first and last names make great pet names and they appear alphabetically next to each other on these lists. It was then and there I decided that I needed to improve my google exposure. Well, I just googled myself again and let me say that it has improved. There are several people who share my name that seem to be doing some pretty great things. Whew, the pressure is off. But if you are looking for a pet name, I sit squarely between Hogie and Honey.

Vintage Thirty had the coolest meme on Saturday and I have tagged myself like a college girl who shall remain nameless sitting alone in a dorm room on a Saturday night...Oh, stop crying! The meme is really fun. Think of it as a Sadie Hawkins moment. It is the Google images meme where you answer the questions below using only pictures found online (only the first page of results):
1. The age you will be on your next birthday.
I know! It is shocking to me too.

2. A place you’d like to visit.
Ahhhhh....

3. Your favorite place.
Pass the bubbles, please.

4. Your favorite object.
I know its weird, but selecting paint chips, carrying them around and studying them is the GREATEST!

5. Your favorite food.
This is Palak Paneer with Naan and some other unidentified stuff that I would try...

6. Your favorite animal.
Who doesn't like a cute kangaroo?

7. Your favorite color.
Yep. Can't choose just one.

8. The city in which you were born.
Like, I am an original valley girl.

9. The town in which you live.
Yes, there really is one.

10. The name of your pet.
No, that is not my pet.

11. The first name of your love.
No, this is not blog-Stedman.

12. Your nickname/screen name.
No, that is not me.

13. Your middle name.
Sadly no, that is not me.

14. Your last name.
No, that is definitely not me.

15. A bad habit of yours.
Why are naps so attractive in babies and kids and so obnoxious in adults?

16. Your first job.
I airbrushed the felt sets used in church...weird!

17. Your dream job.
I tried really hard to find a picture of Nate with Oprah so I didn't have to choose between the two, but I had to choose...and because I think it would be a little annoying to be as famous as Oprah, I am choosing Nate who has the most perfect, coolest job ever!

18. Your current job.
Except that under-achiever June just had 2 boys...

19. A picture you find hilarious.
This is funny because my dad bought one of these and lets just say that it is not as easy as advertised (but good for hours of observation and laughter).

20. A picture that inspires you.
Ohhhhh.....

(Hey, tag yourself...its fun!)

20 comments:

Purple Teacup said...

We are the same with #3, I am loving #4,my middle name is Renee & I love naps. Maybe if we dressed up like a cat when we take a nap it wouldn't be so bad......

slow panic said...

what is with the napping? if only i could nap and blog at the same time. life would be perfect.

Momisodes said...

I love that last picture! What a fun meme :)

I like Hogie and Honey...very cute names!

Burgh Baby said...

Would you believe I spent five minutes figuring out what was between Hogie and Honey, only to realize, "Oh yeah, I knew that."

*smacks head with palm of hand*

This meme is starting to grow on me. Hmm . . .

KiS said...

i love indian food, i could eat it every day but my ass would expand exponentially! i also love that odd looking water ski thing! i'm not going to attempt this meme though, since you are obviously far more clever than me. i would fail miserably!

Jennifer said...

You don't look a day over 25!

I also love the bathtub...sadly I never get to actually spend time their without someone bugging me.

Happy Campers said...

You rock :)

Jen said...

Cute meme. I'm craving Indian food now. Is 9 am too early for it?

Thanks for the paint comment...I see now that it is one of your (many) areas of expertise. :)

Courtney said...

I have some things on my blog for you.

A Mom Two Boys said...

Yay! I had fun doing this one, too.

Jennifer S said...

I love paint chips, too, unreasonably so.

I'm with slow panic. But I would add one more...nap, blog, and exercise. Better to be unconscious for the last one.

Rachael said...

Very cool meme. I might have to steal this, except that I've been tagged about half a dozen times on other memes that I'm still saving for a rainy day.

There is a country music star with the same first and last name as me, so I've pages and pages of google hits I'd have to sift through to see if there was actually anything about ME. (And I don't sing -- in public anyway).

Karla Porter Archer said...

seriously...

39?

no way...

really??

~K ;0)

Cynthia said...

Oh, I like Slow Panic's idea...nap and blog at the same time:) Fun meme, you did a lot of work for it!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

That June Cleaver was such a slacker.

Loralee Choate said...

I have seen this meme and love it. I had to bwah ha at "Underachieving June Clever"!

dawn224 said...

napping! why is it that adults wants to and babies don't?

Nora said...

I love the HRH picture! (I am a royal family watcher). Great post.

JCK said...

This meme is fun!

Too funny on the pet names....

I haven't napped regularly since my children were tiny babies. Now I feel guilty, unless it is on a Sunday.

PMH said...

#4--paint chips. Oh, the OCD love I feel when I see paint chips. And have you ever seen the PMS (Pantone Match System is what I think the acronym is. I guess Googling it would have taken less time than typing all this.) color books? They are like paint chips on a key ring, and I always tell printers I work with that I am going to steal their PMS book. I love them!

Post a Comment