Yesterday afternoon we had some friends over to play. The 4 older kids seemed very busy for quite awhile (ages 4-6) tethering dog leashes, random pieces of string and various sand toys to our backyard playset. After awhile I noticed that they were also sneaking into the house to get extra pacifiers from the crib. I asked why they were collecting binkys (usually this mature crowd would shun touching a binky). The answer? BAIT. They were constructing a baby trap. It didn't work. Rhett kept his distance while yelling, "I am not a baby!" I don't worry about him. He is one tough 2 year old. Eariler yesterday he had his 4 y/o brother cornered on the couch wailing on him while simutaneously biting the new crocs that he was wearing on his feet. Just wait until he is as big as his brothers, the power paradigm here is already shifting...

Does anyone need a baby trap?

15 comments:

Happy Campers said...

That's so cute. In a demented sort of way. :) Kidding...

Joan said...

Aren't sibling relationships so dear??? I have to say though that I think those older kids were pretty sophisticated trying to build a baby trap...future engineers???

Mike Tobin said...

Love the baby trap!!!

Miss Lisa said...

Holly,
The 'mike' comment was me--just forgot to sign my husband out of MY mac.

S said...

Hahahahahah! We have the same dynamic over here... Though Jack is four years younger than Ben, he is physically stronger.

Jennifer S said...

That made me think of the evil kid-snatcher man in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I'd start to worry if your kids start building a cart that looks like a candy shop.

You're 2 year old is pretty darn smart, binkys be damned.

Jennifer S said...

*your

It's Saturday, my internal grammar check is set to off, apparently

Candi said...

Too funny! And how smart of both of the boys!

JCK said...

Too, too funny on the baby trap! Sounds like Rhett can hold his own.

Momisodes said...

That is so clever! Ah, sibling rivalry :)

Amy said...

My two year old is often heard yelling, "I'm not a baby!"
It makes me sensitive to our neighbors child that just turned one. For the last year she has been called Baby Natalie. I now try to refer to her as just Natalie and pray that my children pick up on it.

Kellan said...

What a cute story!! I could just see this "baby trap" in my mind and I couldn't help but laugh!! I also loved that the "babY' was too smart for this trick! Cute, cute story. Take care - Kellan

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Way to go little man!!

Burgh Baby said...

That is SO going to backfire on the older kids. Those young and picked on types always seem to find their revenge, somehow.

Ron Davison said...

That is too hilarious. What's even funnier is speculating how these 4 to 6 year olds would do raising the babies once they'd actually caught one. Of course, in about 15 years they'll be expending similar effort, using various forms of "bait" for mates and still unclear about what happens once (and if) they bait actually works.

Post a Comment