1:27 PM

Sweet day...

Posted by Texasholly |

Today was a first or two. A first or two in bravery for motherhood. I purchased tickets last month to take all 3 of the boys to the Casa Manana theatrical production of "Frosty the Snowman". As the time approached I began to be afraid, very afraid. There are so many things that could go wrong with this senario, I can't even begin to list them. But this morning I got up, got the boys ready all in a hope that if I pretended like this is a good plan things will go smoothly. We got in the car and Ryan was acting super-crazed so I stopped the car, took him out, had a "come to Jesus meeting" threatening to find a drop-off hourly day car between here and there if he didn't shape up ASAP. Thankfully, things got a bit better and we made it on time, got seated and the show began. I was unaware that in Frosty the Snowman, and evil scientist creates a Frosty nemisis, but OK I guess that is artistic license. It was a bit scary at times which was odd. Overall, very fun, very successful and the boys were behaved--wow.

So well behaved that I agreed to stop at Ol' South Pancake House for lunch (which DOESN'T include a playarea--so this the second first) and by the end of lunch all were happy and sticky. Further proof that our bloodline includes elf is demonstrated by the above picture of Ryan eating the powder sugar straight that came on the "side" of his french toast.

1 comments:

A Mom Two Boys said...

You are a BRAVE woman!
If you really are elf people, you should elf yourself too! :0) It might provide some extra insight!

Post a Comment