Did I mention I have BOYS? So it is a bit shocking hearing this quote out of a 6 y/o's mouth. It all goes back to the confusion about "getting dressed" and "dress". There are several areas that I purposely haven't corrected their speech because it makes me laugh (give me a break here). This is one of those areas until today when it occurred to me that I also have to assure his survival at school where it might not be so funny. But I am NOT changing that we regularly eat at "old McDonalds" anytime soon....cluck, cluck.

3 comments:

slow panic said...

not correcting their speech is just a little tiny bit of revenge on the havoc they have wreaked on our lives. i'm such a good mommy.

Playground Confidential said...

We've got to let them be cute while we can. It's only a matter of time before they'll know more than us!

I really like your posts, by the way. You're great at teasing out the humour.

Rebecca
playgroundconfidential.com

Amy said...

My daughter calls the hood on her coat and sweatshirts "helmets". I don't correct that, either. I think it's hysterical when she's getting ready to go outside and she says "I gotta put my helmet on."

Post a Comment