Remember the drive-in TV Greg bought a week or so ago? Well, as he was leaving Costco, he was handed a coupon for the EXACT TV he was buying for $500 off. The lady at the door said, "Oh, just bring back the coupon and receipt during the coupon dates and we will refund the money". Today was the first date on the coupon so I headed to Costco for my $500. Let's just say that the lady at the door was very ill-informed. They do regularly refund coupons, but NOT for the weekend after Thanksgiving. So, I spent 1 hour of my afternoon today being the sweetest, most understanding, firm person at Costco. I talked to 1 employee and 2 supervisors. I played the "help me because I am sooo sweet" card, the "my minivan is full of kids" card, the "It takes two people to take that huge TV off the wall, put it in the box and lift it into my minivan which then can't hold ANY kids" card, "What would you do if you were me?" card, the "can I just return the empty box and rebuy it" card, the "What should I do?" card and any other card in the deck I create on the spot. In the end it was all worth it and I got my refund which was super fantastic because Greg has informed me that whatever refund I obtained would go toward a better anniversary gift--yeah for Costco and now yeah for Tiffany's!

1 comments:

Happy Campers said...

Let's hear it for persistance! I would have just said "OK"...I'm such a shrinking violet when it comes to stuff like that. Yea for you. I want to be like Mrs. Holly when I grow up :)

Post a Comment