7:00 AM

Got Holly?

Posted by Texasholly |

Tootsie Farklepants of Vintage Thirty fame has tagged me with a vague, but cool six word memoir meme. She is a bit fuzzy on the details but from what she describes, I'm supposed to sum up my life in six words. No more. No less.

I am a girl who doesn't want to reinvent the wheel (I couldn't work that into 6 words so it is OUT). So I thought I would look to those bigger, brighter and better paid. I am hoping to steal re-work something to fit the 6 words and sum up my life. Here are a few I am considering:

Holly--Good to The Last Drop
Holly really is the Real Thing
Holly's life is Finger lickin’ good.
Because I'm worth it, I'm Holly
Holly is The ultimate driving machine
Holly's got it, Holly flaunts it
Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, Holly IS!
Holly--Try her, you'll like her
Don't leave home without Holly
Holly's life--greatest show on earth
It's Holly,....it's gotto be good
Life as Holly: M'm, M'm, good.
A little Holly will do you
Where there's life there is Holly
Holly's life--home of the Whopper
Holly keeps going, and going'n...going
Holly brings good things to light
Holly is art. Holly is science.
Holly tastes great. Holly's less filling.
Holliness is next to Godliness

So many of those are so close, but just not right. I need to look a little further. Something that really expresses who I am. What my life means. Something like:

Rooty, tooty, Holly's fresh and fruity

Oh so close!

Looks like I am going to have to put forth a little effort here. It isn't really easy to sum up a life in a book, let alone 6 words. I am writing my own. None of those express the amazing life that I get to live. None of those capture the beauty that surrounds me. None of those relate the gratitude I hold.

It's not especially catchy. It's not written by a marketing team. It's not capable of moving product. It is:

Waking daily to live my dream

That sums it up.
Hey, I might be able to sell a few mattresses with that...

I am tagging the following people (please don't be mad, it's ONLY 6 words):
JCK at Motherscribe
Jodi at Slow Panic
Ron at R World
CCE at Mad Marriage
Angela at Reality Testing
Happy Campers at Reese's View

27 comments:

slow panic said...

I'm in! I think my favorite is Holliness is next to Godliness.

cce said...

I've wondering how long it would take for this one to catch-up with me...it's soooo difficult for me not to be wordy. I'll do my best though. Should be a good exercise in literary restraint.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I love the cheats 0 aka "going'n" & "gotto." I have been enjoying reading everyone's and finding some new blogs.

KEEP BELIEVING

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! Thanks! I'll be right on it ; )

Courtney said...

Great six words!

Don Mills Diva said...

I have been seeing this meme around but I don't think I'll ever do it - soooo hard! Good job for you though!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Ooooh, I like it.

OHmommy said...

I haven;t seen this meme. Great job though... really great!

Anonymous said...

I like the fresh and fruity one better.

Jennifer S said...

I've been telling people exactly that same thing about Holliness. Maybe now that you've said it...

This was great. I love the one you wrote.

JCK said...

My dear, Holly...I am actually PLEASED that you tagged me with this meme. Although how anyone can follow you...I'm not quite sure.

I am SO relieved that you didn't say: Rooty, fruity, Holly's fresh and tooty. That would be our house.

Loved "Waking daily to live my dream." You should print that and put it above your computer. :)

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I think "A little Holly will do you" is my favorite. Because I laughed right out loud when I read it. Coincidentally, that's how I choose birthday cards.

Anonymous said...

You are too much, kiddo. I'm giggling at the Plop Plop Fizz Fizz...only you would take an alka seltzer ad and turn it into a mantra.

Miss Lisa said...

Very funny! Holliness is next to godliness lol!

Meg said...

Love it...Holliness is next to Godliness!!!

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite is Holly - Good to the Last Drop.

Anonymous said...

A little Holly will do you is my favorite. So perfect for a blogger, don't you think?

A Mom Two Boys said...

You're hysterical.

Holly is the ultimate driving machine...could be used for that Cloud 9 you talked about yesterday, no? The one outside Abilene? Or maybe Holly's got it, Holly flaunts it would be better for that. Or A little Holly will do you.

Or not. Whatever. I'm done now.

Nick & Lizzy said...

Oooh, that's good! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the 6 word meme...you are an overachiever!

dawn224 said...

oh holly rocks the casbah!

Momo Fali said...

I really liked the rooty tooty one! I am a goofball like that. (That would be MY six words!)

Momisodes said...

ROFL at some of these :) I love the last one! This sounds pretty tough.

Ron Davison said...

Just six words? Just my life? Oh, sure. This will be soo easy.
The least you could have done is set the bar a little lower. Even your throw-aways are pretty brilliant.

Kalynne Pudner said...

So JKC, in tagging me, led me to you. (Wow, does that seem like a complex sentence after wielding the six-word ax!)

And having laughed coffee out my nose over your last ten posts, I've got you on my reader.

I've also got the impression you teach PT...is that right? My brother does, also (Missouri State).

It's an honor making your acquaintance. (Ha! Six words!)

"The Philosopher-Mom"

Health Blog India said...

its very cute. thanks too share.....

prostate cancer surgery india said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!.....

Post a Comment