7:56 AM

Monday morning potluck, low blood sugar edition...

Posted by Texasholly |

Hey it is potluck time! We have a generous food donation of cake mix doughnuts by Meg for which I am very grateful. I am contributing a glass of fresh filtered tap water with ice which is all I am supposed to have until after the blood draw of an insurance physical this morning...ugh...after that I am hitting the doughnuts.

Candi at Bittersweet sent this over:
Thanks so much! I am passing it on to the following daily MUST reads: Watch Me, No Watch Me!, Vintage Thirty, Thursday Drive, Nap Warden, Slow Panic, Sarcastic Mom, Reese's View of the World, Playgroups Are No Place for Children, On the Upside, Motherscribe, Momisodes, Make It a Double, Looking Toward Heaven, I am Bossy, Mrs. Fussypants, From the Land of Monkeys and Princesses, Burgh Baby, Mad Marriage, Anglophile Football Fanatic, Always Wanted 4, and A Mom Two Boys. OK, so maybe I went over my allotted amount to hand out, but I am in an indecisive mood and I LOVE THEM ALL. And what will happen anyway? Send me to blog jail? Ya, I thought so.

Ryan's 1st grade class is having an Egyptian festival next month to celebrate all things of that time period that they have been studying. The mothers are responsible for dressing their little participants in period gear. I (of course) googled "Egyptian costume", "boy biblical costume", "bible, egypt, costume, boy" and about 2 hours of other like terms and ended up with ONE Moses costume. I willl as Tim Gunn says, "Make it work". I suspect that the kids with googling moms will all be dressed as either Cleopatra or Moses so he should fit in fine.

The costume packaging states in bold lettering, "Made of fire resistent fabric" which blog-Stedman pointed out will be helpful in case our Moses encounters any burning bushes.

My blood sugar is dropping and I am beginning to mutter and walk in circles so to spare you anymore dribble and the nightmare of my writing sans blogger spell check, I am quitting for now, but if I perk up I may be back later...

19 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Seriously, the spell-check thing has me thisclose to jumping over to Wordpress. What's it been? A week? RIDICULOUS!

My first thought on the Egyptian costume thing was King Tut. I would totally make my kid go in a pretty painted coffin.

Congrats on the award, and thanks!

A Mom Two Boys said...

Aw, gee, thanks! It's nice to receive such distinction and be paired with such awesome bloggers.

Eat, woman, Eat! Starbucks is calling your name!

Loralee Choate said...

"Blog Jail"

Oh, the fun I am having just thinking of the possibilities...

Happy Campers said...

Awww....thanks for the Blog award thingy :)

Hope you got to eat something yummy after your bloodwork.

I want to see pics of Moses!!!

JCK said...

Hey thanks for the blog bling!

And your Blog Stedman is VERY funny. Buring bushes!!! LOL

Jennifer said...

Why thank you!

Hope you got something good to eat!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Thank YOU!!!! I shall post it proudly!

Jennifer S said...

Thank you for the blog kudos! You're a very cool chick.

You need to main-line some Godiva. Stat.

Blog-Stedman is a funny man. I laughed out loud.

Christine said...

Thank you! You are one of my daily must reads as well. *smooches*

wgathen said...

Blog jail is brutal. Don't laugh. My advice is to find the biggest blogger in the joint when you're incarcerated and punch them in the comments section. You'll at least get some cred. Thanks for the nod... you realize of course now we're officially an item? ;)

Rachael said...

Thanks for the award! If you get sent to bloggy jail you will have lots of blogger pals to bail you out, I'm sure.

I had to come up with a pioneer woman period costume for Kristen's class project. Sigh. I already made Pocahontas earlier this year. Teachers must think we are sitting around bored at home! :) This time, Kristen gave me more than 2 days notice so instead of burning the midnight oil, I ordered off ebay.

Re: the spell check. Blogger has been killing me with the no spell check thing too. Then, I realized that my toolbar (I have google) on the top of my internet browser page has spell check. This is even better because it will spell check your whole page, title, comments and all. I'm so over Blogger spell check now!

Unknown said...

June Cleaver, you make me laugh every time I stop by AND you always visit me. Therefore, I shall add you to my blogroll! Take the awards that are there today and we'll see you next Monday for your batch of memes :?

slow panic said...

we did the egypt thing last year. this year it is greek and roman. what's up with these schools anyways? i'm tired...

Unknown said...

Egyptian costume. Wow. What a cool school. And, have fun with writing out the 10 commandments.

Thank you very much for the bling, fellow bearer of my Christmassy name.

And, I hope you got over the hypoglycemia. Going to my endocrinologist alone makes mine whoopy.

Cynthia said...

Hey congrats on the award...Thanks for passing it to me:)

cce said...

Thanks for the shout out...made my day. And I'm laughing along with you as I am trying to find a Ben Franklin costume for my son to wear for a school presentation. Why do they do this to us? Require excessive spending on costume drama? Isn't the note taking and presentation board enough?

KiS said...

I was scrolling around on your blog when my husband looked over and said-"clearly she has more than one child". Of course I asked him why he assumed this, to which he responded-"Its not just pictures of the same kid over and over, people who read YOUR blog must really think Cade is cute". Apparently my repetitive use of pics of my child is excessive to his sensibilites. So I thank you for your devotion!

Momisodes said...

OMG! how did i miss this? Thanks so much :) You are so sweet...I'm lovin' your blog and you are a MUST read for me too!

Karla Porter Archer said...

Thank you! You are one of my favorite reads too! I'm glad I found you. Or you found me... or however that went ;0)

Blessings,
K

Post a Comment