3:17 PM

Holly takes on a 21 meal challenge

Posted by Texasholly |



Someone recently lamented to me that "Americans follow Oprah like sheep".

Really?

A few days ago I breezed through my TiVo'd Oprah episode from last week that told the story of three professional chefs "living with" three ordinary families and making-over the family meals to be cheap, healthy and easy.

There is no way that works.

Especially for my family - "ordinary" would be a compliment in the kitchen to me.

I decided to try the Chef Cat Cora's 21 meal menu. Breakfast, lunch and dinner for a family of four for under $150.

It is a multi-media extravaganza of What was Holly thinking?



I will be posting the results daily over at Burbmom.net.

Just click on the baaaaaa baaaaaa....

10 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Unknown said...

Cool! After I saw the episode I did go and download some of the recipes myself, although not all of them. I haven't tried any yet but they look yummy!

Happy Campers said...

Hmmm...I don't pay any attention to the O, but I'm curious what you've gone and done...

Jenni said...

Oprah can't help me...

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Sadly, I deleted that episode before knowing what it was really about. But then again, maybe NOT so sadly.

I'll have to check in on your progress!

Life in the Crazy Lane said...

I'm excited to check on your progress. I LOVE Kat Cora. She's my favorite Iron Chef, and I wish she got picked more in the show... I've seen quite enough of Bobby Flay, thank you very much.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Love that Iron Chef woman. Give her a run for her money, Texas Holly! (PS I can turn a $30 meal for 5 into about 5 other follow-up meals.) LOL

Anonymous said...

Can I just say how much I love your kitchen!! LOL you guys are working away at your recipes and all I'm thinking is look at that great countertop!

Anonymous said...

There are some four letter words I don't do.

Cook. Is one.

Tony C said...

Depending on how this goes for you, this might be life-changing for me.

But please, let's not give Oprah credit...

Post a Comment