7:49 PM

What should Holly do?

Posted by Texasholly |

It has happened several times now.

Each time it startles me and amuses me at the same time.

Ryan (7) has been referring to himself in a story in the third person.

Yep, here is the pot calling the kettle black.

The thing is I don't think I do this in real life. For those of you who only know me through The Nirvana that might be hard to believe.

But really! I don't think I do.

Do I?

So here is the big question. Will talking in the third person get him beat up at school? Or is it just a little problem that his green belt in karate can solve?



It is kinda cute and endearing.

Maybe Holly should get him a blog...

10 comments:

Dorsey said...

Hmmm, that IS a tricky quandary. I don't think the green belt would HURT...depends how old he is. Teachers will likely find it cute, other classmates will likely become annoyed..then he can go all "Wax on, Wax off" on 'em!!

Louise said...

I think a blog is the best solution. Or a Facebook account because it automatically makes one "speak" in the 3rd person. Then you can pretend you're someone else and friend him and see what he's up to!

Rachael said...

I think you should let him guest blog once and awhile.

Brittany said...

Agreed, I would opt for facebok, it immediately conditions you to refer to yourself in third person.

Courtney said...

I agree with the guest blogging periodically!

Happy Campers said...

YES to the guest blog by the 3Rs!!

Jenni said...

I think Holly should get him a blog! Possibly, a Twitter account.

And of course, a laptop...

Shauna said...

Holly does not do this in person or on the phone. It is kind of weird to me that she does it on the blog. I think Ryan needs a blog -for sure.

Madge said...

oh your boys need to guest blog for sure.

Momisodes said...

Most definitely! At least a guest post :)

Post a Comment