9:01 PM

Where in the world is Holly?

Posted by Texasholly |



I have been blogging for a year. Quite honestly, I was aimlessly blogging. I love the writing. I love the online friends. I love the online community. But, I was blogging really for no particular reason.

I am a firm believer in things happen for a reason. I figured if I continued to do what I love then something...ANYTHING would come of it. In the meantime, I was writing, making friends and having fun.

A few weeks ago my wandering the internet without purpose changed.

I found a reason (other than self-entertainment) to blog.

*Rewind*

Our story starts several months ago when Holly is making plans to meet some other awesome bloggers that would be congregating in Dallas. The emails had been flying between all interested bloggers and arrangements were being made.

I sent out an email saying that I could help pick up people from the airport since I live a short distance from DFW airport. One of the other attendees, Shauna emailed me back asking me where I live. I wrote back that I live in Flower Mound. Shauna wrote back that she did too.

Shauna lives in Flower Mound too.

We live a few miles from each other.

We met for a playdate. We saw each other again during the fabulous weekend of blogger bliss. I need to repeat that the weekend was a fabulous weekend of blogger bliss.

Then one day the idea came.

I wanted to do something local.

I called up Shauna and we met for breakfast...



I know! I know! And I ate the WHOLE thing.

Over that french toast was born a website and social network for moms in our area. We recruited a third party and have been in constant motion since then.

And here it is!

I am so excited to introduce:

burbmom.net

The website is up and going. We have made great progress...still a few kinks to iron out.

If you or someone you know lives in the North DFW area, please join our social network through the website's "connect" button. We are concentrating on Argyle, Bartonville, Double Oak, Flower Mound and Highland Village, but are happy to have you join if you live a bit further out.

And for those of you that don't live close, please move here ASAP...

29 comments:

Madge said...

you crazy busy person. good job! sadly, i am still aimlessly blogging....

Roger Miller said...

That is freakin' AWESOME!

But I'm not a burb mom, I'm a burb dad.

I don't live in DFW, although I lived in Abilene for three and a half years. Kinda close, in a relative way, compared to say Chicago.

Does this mean I won't get anymore animated Holly, or Potluck or so much more?

I hope not, and I think I will have to at least set up for an RSS feed. :)

In all seriousness, the site looks great and I hope it turns into the Texas Dooce, or something even bigger and better.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You go girl!

the planet of janet said...

guess i'm stuck with aimless blogging.

darn it ... i'm too far from flower mound to make it work.

Mozi Esme said...

Very ambitious and productive of you all! I'm much impressed. Just wish we were closer... :) Like Janet, I'm stuck with aimless blogging!

Scary Mommy said...

Not fair. I wanna live in the North DFW area. Pffftt.

Unknown said...

Please Move here ASAP. You are so funny : ). You always make me smile! I hope your new site is hugely succesful! Blessings!

Miss Britt said...

Do you know that I just now today figured out that "TexasHolly" whom I follow around Stumble, etc. is the same person who writes "June Cleaver Nirvana"?

Wow. I feel sooo stooopid.

Courtney said...

Wow, you have been a busy woman. I wish I lived closer, sadly I live in Ohio. Sounds like fun though.

Miss Lisa said...

Oh that explains my email--I'd love to join ;)

Valarie Lea said...

Does Alabama constitute as "a little further out"????

Threeundertwo said...

I have no idea what this post is about, I'm just drooling over the French toast picture.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Please contact me if you ever decide to "open" a Cajun Country hub. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats!

Rachel said...

That is awesome! I am in awe and envious.

We almost moved to Dallas, but moved here instead... sigh.

Brea in Texas said...

But ... but ... but I don't wanna move! I love it down here in Central Texas. Maybe can I be an honorary member, and come up and visit for one of the play dates? Pleeeeease?? Purty please with a cherry on top?

That'd be finer than frog's hair, y'all.

(Sorry, had to throw a little Texan in there!)

:)

~Brea

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

You're funny.

Sounds like you started something fun. The only problem is you didn't start it in the Kansas City area. Why? I ask you, why? And don't give me the lame excuse of because you don't live here.

Anonymous said...

I just quit my job, put my house up for sale and informed my family that we are moving to Flower Mound, TX.

Why? Just so I can join your group.

Suzie said...

Oh great now I feel pressure to have a purpose...sigh

Anonymous said...

Hm, I thought aimless blogging WAS the purpose. ;D

It's so great that you have met a wonderful network of blogging friends who turned out to be real-time friends as well! I know some really fab bloggers in my area, but given the wide age differences in our kids, I doubt we'll have the same sort of real-time group that you have organized.

Anonymous said...

So I made it into the group even being in a Burb a bit further out?

jill jill bo bill said...

I promise to fill out all the info for the invite when I get back. Thank you so much for the invitation!!! You had me when you showed food, ya know!!!

Jenni said...

That is awesome, Holly! I would love to live down there. Hey! Why don't I just live with you? I don't eat much and I promise not to clog the toilet...much.

Maddy said...

Oooer real life interrupts - what a fabulous development.
Best wishes

Dennis and Leslie said...

I'm uptown Dallas, but I'm not a mom... Does having a mini schnauzer and an immature fiance count???

Suburban Correspondent said...

Hmmmph. I feel left out.

I can't believe she lived in your own town!

Jennifer S said...

Darn. I think I live a little bit too far away.

What a fantastic idea! I have a feeling the momentum won't end here...did someone say Let's go national?

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Holly! Look at the wonderful things you create - beautiful children, now a support site for moms in your area. Hell you could franchise it! :)

Terri Tiffany said...

That's why I love online communities! It opens up some opportunities for new friendships!

Post a Comment