6:09 AM

It is not me, it is Rachel--LINK HERE NOW

Posted by Texasholly |



WHAT SHOULD HOLLY MAKE FOR DINNER?

Please link your suggestions--past posts, new posts, recipes, take out numbers, private chefs, etc. below in Mr. Linky!

There will be karma bonus points for anyone who suggests beef dishes that I could actually make (and by actually make I mean actually make)!

This week I am featuring my dear bloggy friend, Rachel. She feeds her family well. She is also concerned about my lack of feeding my family and has been posting fabulous recipes every Monday at A Southern Fairytale and sending me secret recipes via email.

The following recipe is my favorite to date.
It is easy!
It is fun!
It is yummy!


If your mouth isn't watering just looking at that picture... well, then you're certainly not a Texan.

This dish is easily adjustable and one of my favorites.
It is crispy and spicy and the flavors just explode on your tongue in a wonderful tonguegasmic taste fiesta.
I can crockpot it or leave it simmering on the stove for hours while I blog read clean house and teach my children to speak multiple languages.
The ingredients are simple and the recipe is a dash of this and a can of that.

So here goes.

Texican Hash

* 2 pounds of lean ground beef (I use 90/10)
* 2 packages taco seasoning
* 1 can corn (big can)
* 1 can black beans (big can)
* 1/4 C nacho sliced jalapenos, chopped
* 3 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
* 1 large yellow onion, chopped
* 1 (7 oz) can diced green chilies
for the topping and layering
* Shredded cheddar or Mexican Blend Cheese
* 1 bag corn tortilla chips
* Sour cream and green onions and salsa for garnish

In a very large skillet or stock pot brown Ground Beef and then cook according to taco seasoning instructions.
Now comes the fun part :-).
Dump all of the ingredients in with the ground beef and stir well. Bring to a lovely bubbling heat and then turn the heat down to simmer, put the lid on it and simmer for at least 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
(You could let this simmer for hours if you so desire, just stir occasionally)

In a 9X13 (or whatever sizes you have handy) baking dish place a layer of corn tortilla chips. Top with hash. top with cheese.
Repeat until dish is full. Finish off with a layer of chips and cheese.
You could purty it up by laying sliced jalapenos on top of the cheese.

Heat in a 375 degree F oven until the cheese is all gooey and melted and bubbling like hot delicious cheesy lava.

Scoop out onto a plate or bowl, top with sour cream, salsa and green onions. Devour.

You can come back and thank me later.

This is one of those delightfully easy dishes that can be adjusted to your family's spiciness level or you can take away or add all different kinds of ingredients to make it your own.


* you can add diced tomatoes or charro beans or whatever you want to make this your own. I use one hot and spicy taco seasoning and one original. Enjoy!!!


Please link directly to your post below!

WHAT SHOULD HOLLY MAKE FOR DINNER?

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the deal with the recipe in The Iron Chef Challenge. You don't have to use "Velveeta" cheese block, you can use any kind of cheese you have on hand, even American slices!

Happy Cookin'!

Terri Tiffany said...

Ok -I'm reaching for the Prilosec. How about some nice bland ham and scalloped potatoes? That's what's on my menu for tonight! Great as leftovers:)

Ash said...

Darn it - I can't play along. No recipe or food related posts in my world. What does that say about me?

How about my post singing the praises of 100 Calorie Snack packs?

Ha, ha, huh, ha - you said tonguegasmic. My new favorite word.

Em

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

I am SO making that tonight. Well, um, maybe tomorrow...but definitely SOON!

Glad I'm not the only person who won't be playing along with your linkie love carnival...I just never make anything worth posting about!

Anonymous said...

I'm not Texan, but that hash look delicious. I've linked to my banana recipes, as promised! I'm crossing my fingers for lots of beef recipes for you.

Anonymous said...

What if I have TWO? Can I link twice?

Suzie said...

OOHHH looks good

Rachel said...

You are just cuter than a basket of newborn puppies.

LOL. Secret recipes just for my darling HH :-)

Thanks for the love darlin'

Anonymous said...

Holly, having read about your mad cooking skillz, I posted Kettlecorn. If you want it beefy, just sprinkle some brown gravy mix on top.
Kettlecorn, it's what's for dinner.

suzannah | the smitten word said...

bah--i was supposed to write "stuffed peppers" in my link--a beef recipe for you. i kinda wanted to link a sangria recipe, but that may only contribute the the lack of feeding your family problem;) i have an easy pumpkin soup recipe on my site, but it hasn't been kid-tested. good luck finding something good!

Jennifer S said...

That looks so delicious. Yum.

Anonymous said...

Is takeout considered a recipe?

chirky said...

Is this the same thing that Bianca made for dinner the other night? Because: OMG, it was good. So yummy.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I love Rachel recipes and often beg her to come cook for me. Maybe we can get a two-fer if we fly her up??

the planet of janet said...

mmmmmm. i went for the cheap shot.

janet's special brownie recipe. guaranteed to knock 'em dead!

Angie Ledbetter said...

That looks yummy AND doable! I linked ya a recipe for Crock pot roast & gravy, with not-so-great photos included. (It really is good, easy, cheap and makes great leftover dishes.)

t said...

yummy, yummy, yummy. I am going to make that....

MomItForward Jyl and Carissa said...

Totally working on a recipe I have already posted somewhere in the archives of my personal blog...hmmm...beef? Taco Soup? No I never wrote that one up? Oh I know...I made an awesome Bolognese once. let me find that...

Do you find people are a little um...slow when it comes to mr.linky?

I saw you online last night, and I saw that you are thinking about the GNO stick figure idea..
Carissa @ mommygossip-GNO

Brittany said...

Um...I have never Mr. Linky'd before, so I hope I did it right.

Anonymous said...

Yummy, Texican Hash looks perfect for what I want to cook for my husband this weekend since he bought me a gorgeous diamond necklace from www.idonowidont.com for our recent 10th anniversary. Looks like a perfect meal to make, thanks!

Anonymous said...

This was good - but a little spicy Rachel! And I have to say - I even eased up on the jalapeƱos and it was still sizzling all the way down my esophagus! But don't take that wrong - it was so good it didn't matter how bad it burned!

Post a Comment