8:22 AM

Horror House

I am raising very sensitive boys.

By sensitive I mean that they are very in tune with their feelings.

By feelings I mean their feelings of TERROR.

Yep, here at the Nirvana, my children live in fear. Their lives through their eyes are a horror movie. A movie where children's screams pierce the night and dark alleys lurk behind closet doors.

Sometimes I am oblivious to the terror I inflict. For instance, I often request them to go upstairs to get something from their room...
*piercing scream*
*intense brotherly negotiation to arrange a body guard*
*slow deliberate steps up the stairs and across the second floor*
*crash (Item retrieved)*
*quick intense steps across the second floor and down the stairs*

Sometimes I am insensitive to the terror I inflict. For instance, I often feed them vegetables with dinner...
*piercing scream*
*intense baiting for parental negotiation*
*crash (parental negotiation shut down)*

Sometimes I have no control over the terror I inflict. For instance, we live in a house that has bugs outside and occasionally these bugs wander in by mistake...
*piercing scream*
*intense pleading with mommy to come check the bathroom for bugs*
*slow deliberate bug inspection*
*crash (toilet seat flipping up)*
*quick intense pee which may or may not include the floor*

I will admit that my boys may be a bit more sensitive then others.

Alright, let me just admit that they are a bit over-sensitive. So when a new horror is discovered or a new fear admitted, I take it with a grain of salt. Big rock salt. You know the kind that you buy at fancy grocery stores and have to self grind.

Recently all three came to me to tell me a tale of a thing that goes bump in the night. Their description so vivid. Their details so intense. At first I blamed it on Scooby Doo, but they insisted.

No mommy, there REALLY IS a ghost with green eyes upstairs.

*piercing screams from all three*
*intense pleading for me to come see it*
*slow deliberate steps up the stairs and across the second floor*
*crash (Well, maybe more of a shutter click)*






Holy crap! We have a ghost with green eyes living upstairs...

41 comments:

Happy Campers said...

WHAAAT? That looks like alien eyes. I'm never spending the night at your house (not that you're asking!). What WAS that a picture of?? Aliens are my BIGGEST fear in the WORLD!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Can't quite figger that one out! Yes, my son is sooo sensitive. Dosen't seem to be that way with my daughter, so maybe if you have one more kids and it's a girl, you'll see what i mean!! And I love the entry too about Rhett and his diapers and binky. That's priceless!

Life in the Crazy Lane said...

What IS that?!

jenn said...

Are those cat eyes??? They would scare me too!

Mozi Esme said...

My daughter insists that photo is of a boat. I'm not sure I agree with her. But she keeps signing and saying "boat".

Madge said...

dang. you caught me.

The Mom Jen said...

Okay now i'm totally freaking out. I think i'm going to start screaming in a minute, what is that?

Laski said...

J walks around screaming like a chick from a c- horror flick. We are so well on our way . . .

Sara said...

That's really scary if it's still there in the daytime! Where is it??? My guess is motion detectors, or a toy w/ glowing stickers. But the bump in the night??? It must be an alien.

Anonymous said...

Aw... and so funny too.

And what the heck is that thing? Wow. I'm sure it's a friendly ghost... like Casper or Slimer (the one from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, who worked with the GBs rather than sliming them)... Right?

Suzie said...

Arghhhhh!!!! What is it? I'm scared hold me!

Valarie Lea said...

Ummmm yep that would be something spooky there at the Nirvana House! Soooo what is it exactly? Are you being invaded by aliens, or is your house built on an old burial ground?? Do we need to call Ghost Busters?

Eternal Sunshine said...

I'm going with either a glow-in-the-dark T-shirt or a glow-in-the-dark toy.

Or some other toy that lights up.

Toys are always scaring me. I once thought there was someone in the house (that WASN'T supposed to be there) it was one of those punching bag things...

I can't find my blog said...

Are you sure that you live in Texas? I think you actually live in my house and and say "3 boys" to just throw everyone off.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Glow-the-dark mini-Crocs!

Unknown said...

Ok what is that? Have you been watching paranomal state?

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

My oldest son is FREAKED OUT by bugs of any variety. I am not afraid of bugs at all and I am a girl, so it freaks me out that he is FREAKED OUT. Of course, it doesn't freak me out that I am terrified of dogs and cats and he isn't :).

BTW: I would be afraid of alien eyes.

Ali said...

i have no good guesses. probably because i'm peeing in my pants just looking at it ;)

Misty said...

I am deeply intrigued...
What is it really?

Rachael said...

So, are you keeping us in suspense with the green ghost?

Miss Lisa said...

Maybe he's a nice ghost there to protect all at Nirvana :)

Courtney said...

What the heck is that?

Anonymous said...

hee hee - I didn't realize you actually bought that bra with the green lights on it - or ... wait... these are the pasties.... no way....

the planet of janet said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeek!! i was coming over for potluck, but i'm rethinking that idea....

Unknown said...

Not too scared to grab your camera? Then I guess it's ok.

I love your descriptions of the boys "sensitivity!" tee hee.

Fiesty Charlie said...

Abbie is two and tells the story of the "Green Glowing Goblin" she totally ripped off my blog about when Melissa was pregnant and we had a freaking "Green Glowing Can!"

She is at the stage where she puts herself in every story. Today, Tinkerbell "pulled her hair," because, "she was just a little bit jealous."

GOD love us for being their parents some days!

Beck said...

Spoooooky! Is it a reflection of lights outside?
My kids are TERRIFIED of going upstairs by themselves. Upstairs, where we keep the horror of OUR BEDROOMS... mWAHAHAHAH!

jill jill bo bill said...

A Glo-worm gone bad?! If you look close enough you CAN see a breast in there. I am with Claudia!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Are your kids sensitive? Or are they future screenplay writers with awesome imaginations? In which case, you could easily blame that on Scooby Doo.

Suburban Correspondent said...

I can't stand the suspense!

Danielle said...

It is most definitely a panther in the dark. OR...planets....or radioactive marbles...or martian eggs...or.....

Roger Miller said...

Is that a satelite picture of Ike followed closely by Josephine (or whatever the 'J' storm is named)?

Pretty freaky anyway - so when are you moving away? I mean you have seen Poltergeist right?

JCK said...

That DOES look rather scary. Especially as I sit here in the dark of night reading...

Those boys! Vegetables...THE HORROR!

Teri said...

Oh my. Isn't life with kids a big never-ending ball of fun? My daughter once insisted that there was a snake sleeping on her bedroom floor. The "snake" wasn't moving because he was tired. The "snake" ended up being a ribbon. Creepy.

Angie's Spot said...

S-P-O-O-K-Y!! Can't wait to hear the full story.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Holly, You need to reload the HTML, silly girl.

Seriously, What is it? THe green eyes, that is?

KEEP BELIEVING

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Huh...a toy left on perhaps? That was the source of my son's fears...a flashlight left on under his brothers' bed!

Vodka Mom said...

I LOVE it when The Golden Boy screams like a girl. Warms my heart, and makes me laugh!!

Jennifer S said...

Last week, my daughter came into my office, obviously frightened. "There's a ghost in your room with scary eyes!" I dismissed it, and sent her off to play.

Later, I walked into my dark bedroom and, sure enough, I saw the green glowing eyes.

And then I turned on the light and saw the reflective strips on the back of my sneakers.

So, what is that???

(I'm going to pretend it's something like sneakers.)

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

Sending you some ear plugs! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love that song.

Post a Comment