7:49 AM

Cue the choir...

Posted by Texasholly |

My hair and eyebrow maintenance issues have been covered here at the Nirvana for my long suffering (but dear) readers.

It has been a long and winding road. A road of horridity. A road of crapicity. A road that has left me unwilling to subject myself to regular maintenance due to the feeling of impending doom...

Monday I looked in the mirror and it was clear that something had to be done. Quite frankly, anything.

I called a salon that had just opened up in town. I figured the less Holly history someone has the better.

Of course they were closed on Monday (see how far out of the self maintenance loop I am?) but they cheerfully (yes...cheerfully) returned my call Tuesday morning and set me up for an appointment that afternoon.

I walked in. The receptionist was warm and friendly. I was taken back to the chair and I saw it.

I saw it...

They had tiled the walls with the most amazing tile I recently saw this very tile at the tile showroom. Ever since that showroom moment I have been mentally figuring out how to sell our current house and build a new house around that very tile. Hi tile of glory, I am home.

A lovely person did my color. She listened to me. *gasp* She made suggestions. *gasp* We had free-flowing conversation. *gasp*

The whole time I get to gaze at the tile of glory.

Another lovely person did my haircut. She listened to me. *gasp* She made suggestions. *gasp* We had free-flowing conversation. *gasp*

The whole time I get to gaze at the tile of glory.

She then waxed my eyebrows. I had no input here. I am a brow moron. She took over in a as-gently-as-this-is-going-to-go-down kinda way. *gasp...little tear...* We had free-flowing conversation. *gasp...little tear...*

And if I could see through the pain I could have gazed at the tile of glory.

Oh, oh, oh! I forgot a really good part. While I was in those foil thingys that you have to wait 20 minutes to do whatever they lead me over to a COMPUTER THAT WAS CONNECTED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB and I leisurely visited many of you.

I know. I know. This is WAY TO GOOD TO BE TRUE. But wait, there is more...

I stop to pay at the front desk and this is posted, "We do NOT accept gratuities. We are professionals".

At this point my hair and brows could look like crap...

You had me at the tile.

But in another stroke of amazingness, my hair and brows look fabulous.

I will get someone to take a picture of me today just to prove it.

And then I am going back to take a picture of that tile...

39 comments:

Happy Campers said...

I'm so honored to be that "someone"!!! :)

Yes, I will take a picture because you've REALLY peaked my interest in the new hair color, cut, & brows :)

I waxed fiberglass particles out of Hubby's arm last night. That's about as much as I do with wax these days...

Suzie said...

Wow what a good time. I've never had my brows waxed sounds scary.

Elizabeth said...

WOW, you hit the jackpot!
Now I have to see that tile.
postas soon as you can on that one.
looking for ward to seeing your hair, as well.
I just chopped another couple inches off of my hair yesterday.
I too am an eyebrow moron. I know nothing. I still have blonde eyebrows and they are somewhat full. I was just thinking that I need some professional help in this area. I do my own hair though, and making an appt. just for an eyebrow wax seems silly. Oh well...
Hey, I felt like you this morning...I looked out my (very suburban) window to see a FOX wandering around on the other side of the back fence...Thank goodness it was on the other side!
Blessings & Peace, EJT

Valarie Lea said...

Oh my goodness! Are you sure you did not dye (did you catch that word play) and go to salon heaven!! I am so gonna tell my people they need to get hooked up on the internet there, and that the gratuity thing is so weird, I just paid you an arm and a leg, part of my car payment, my first born, and now you want me to give you more money? Sorry to all you hairdressers out there dont hate me. :0)

InTheFastLane said...

I might just make a trip to wherever in the world the heavenly salon is. for my semi-annual haircut.

EatPlayLove said...

You lost me with the no gratuities thing, holy schmoly! So that means the owner of the salon actually pays their employees what they are worth. Fancy that.

Which reminds me, my roots aren't getting any lighter. I need to make an appt.

Miss Lisa said...

No gratuities--wow I love it! Where did you go?!
Can't wait to see the new do :)

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Sounds like Holly's found herself a regular.

But did your hair look like crap?

KEEP BELIEVING

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I need to see the tile. My eyebrows are scary right now. You just reminded me ;0

Don Mills Diva said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

You surfed the web, looked at amazing tile AND didn't have to tip?!?

I might have to move to your hometown.

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

I'm moving. This is not right. We need to tell every salon about THIS salon. I demand an uprising!

Roger Miller said...

Maybe I should move down and get my eyebrow done. :)

My wife says it looks funny, but what do I know, I'm just a man after all.

Manic Mommy said...

Add a glass of wine, lunch, and some shoe shopping afterward and you may just have the perfect day.

Anonymous said...

Damn skippy, Holly! Tell me where this salon o decadence is! I must visit. If only for the tile.

Also, when are we doing a dinner night again?

Jennifer S said...

That salon sounds like, well, nirvana. Minus the brow waxing pain. I always forget how much that's going to hurt. So worth it, though.

Now I want my salon to have internet service. That's amazing.

Pictures, pictures, pictures, please.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Internet while you wait and no tip?!? I think I'm going to start getting my hair done in Texas.

Rachel said...

no tip...hot damn.
can't wait for pics!

Kalynne Pudner said...

I'm with Tootsie. What's the closest airport?

the planet of janet said...

hallelujah!!!!

you hit the hair salon trifecta. (or is that the octofecta? i dunno. i lost count.)

Rachael said...

Wow. It sounds like heaven...with Internet.

I do not think we have heaven with Internet in small town Michigan. You are a lucky girl.

Beth Cotell said...

Sounds like a little piece of salon heaven!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

And lo, the angels did sing!

Anonymous said...

But wait! You didn't tell us the name of this new salon! (And also, about your wavy/curly hair: do you feel like they gave you a good cut?)

Karen MEG said...

It's ALL about the tile, honestly it is! I am way too chicken to have my eyebrows done professionally, although I really need to have it done.
Can't wait to see the pic!
And a salon with WWW... heaven ;)

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! I am soooo jealous! Sooo jealous. I haven't been to a "salon" since the last (nasty word that rhymes with witch) sat me in a corner for an HOUR with the die on my hair. That was.... um..... last year sometime. Scary.

So, I'm gonna have to come to Dallas to get my hair done? I'll do it if I don't have to see the in-laws - promise?

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Well, that certainly sounds too good to be true. You best post those pictures to prove it.

Courtney said...

Wow that is great! I take it you'll be revisiting?

JCK said...

Yeah to you getting beautified! And to tile lust.

Jenny Gardiner said...

it sounds far too good to be true. You sure it isn't some scientologist scheme, lure you in with kindness, and the next thing you know you're jumping up and down on couches professing your love for a far-too-young-for-you-celebrity?

Anonymous said...

You must be livin' right, girl.

Either that, or they're desperate for new business and NEED for you to come back.

Heh.

Sarah said...

Oh how frickin' wonderful!! I want to come to THAT salon!!! *dies a little inside*

not that I need my brows done...just for the tile, the WWW, and the wonderful conversation...

Lynn said...

Please oh please don't say that you woke up this morning and realized that it was just a dream.

Mandy said...

If the salon has THE tile, it must be fate!

carmen said...

Don't you LOVE the no tipping policy? The spa I go to for the occasional facial or pedicure has the same. Makes me very happy! I had my eyebrows waxed once -- ripped the skin off my eyelids!! I'll stick to tweezers.

Heather said...

That place is going to rake it in. Internet and no tipping? I wonder if they franchise.

Louise said...

"We are professionals"? Really. That's too much. That and the internet!

Love the tale.

Louise said...

"We are professionals"? Really. That's too much. That and the internet!

Love the tale.

Purple Teacup said...

It will be at least 10 years before they open up a spot like that in Jonesboro.

exskindiver said...

very pretty.

Post a Comment