First, in the 'Felix Qui Potuit Rerum Cognoscere Causas (Happy is she who is able to know the cause of things)' department, I am happy to report that the mystery behind the Britney breakdown has been solved. Rachel has traced it back to the obscene amount of emails sent out by FlyLady.

Second, on the polar opposite is this quote from Rob Bell in Velvet Elvis about jumping on a trampoline with his boys:

"Sometimes when my boys and I are jumping and one of us starts laughing, we all start laughing. We're jumping and we're short of breath and we're sweating and we're having such a great time. When we're too exhausted to jump anymore, we'll lie down on the mat and stare up at the vast blue sky above us and watch the clouds go by and listen to the breeze as it moves the leaves overhead. I'll be there on my back, and I'll say a short prayer: "God, I can't believe I get to live this life."

I think I am going to try and find a trampoline moment today...

5 comments:

JCK said...

Here's to trampoline moments. I have a little something for you over on my blog. Come get it!

Rachael said...

Jumping on trampolines trumps cleaning the house anyday!! Sadly, I do not think poor Britney is doing much of either.

A Mom Two Boys said...

Good Lord, I hope FLYlady didn't have anything to do with the BritBrit meltdown of 2008 (& 2007). Maybe she needs to do a bit of trampoline jumping. Might do her some good.

Rachael said...

See, this is how rumors get started!

Rachel said...

That's fantastic! A trampoline moment. How cute!!
What a great thing to aspire to everyday. Thanks for sharing that.

Post a Comment