7:14 AM

It is about time...

Posted by Texasholly |

This is the day. This is the day we are going to get some sort of schedule in this house. The kids are running amok. My brain is willy-nilly. We have been on holiday time so long that time is inconsequential, a non-factor a mere detail. Ryan asked what time it was yesterday and I actually said, "does it matter?" In retrospect that sounds a little catty, but I assure you it was said with a loving voice. The time really didn't matter. The only time that has been consistent is the boys' wake up time (which has NOTHING to do with actual world time) and the boys' bedtime (which has more to do with when I get so fed up with the chaos that I put them to bed for some personal peace). The thing is that life just goes more smoothly when the kids know what we are doing and when. They act better. They act calmer. They act nicer. I act better. I act calmer. I act nicer. So, I am getting organized in a step toward world peace...

7 comments:

slow panic said...

the holidays are over? really? it's 2008? are you sure? i'm going back to bed.

Miss Lisa said...

I am so with you on the time thing! It's always my goal to have some sort of schedule. if,no when, you get a good schedule, please share!
Also--I just read back on all your old posts and wanted to say HAPY ANNIVERSARY!!!You and your hubby make a cute couple!

Candi said...

Good luck to you too! This should be entertaining. A few months from now we will all be blabbing on about a whole lotta nothing :)

Speaking of schedules... I need to get my Christmas stuff put away today, finally!

A Mom Two Boys said...

Good luck with that! If you figure out how to make it happen, let me know!

Joan said...

I admire your attempts at organization and I wish you lots of luck! If you succeed, could you please write a "how-to" book for all the other parents out there searching for world peace? I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

Cynthia said...

Good luck, that is a goal I'm going to go for in this house...Thanks for the idea!

Lynn said...

Let me know how the organizing thing works...maybe you would be willing to share some of what works with the rest of us.

Post a Comment