Ryan: I want that real jeep in the catalog for Christmas ($9,000+ Neiman Marcus, I think)

Me (honestly): Honey, I wouldn't count on that, it is really expensive

Ryan: Well, no one would have to pay for it...Santa could bring it

Me (cleverly): Santa' sleigh is probably not large enough because that was really big

Ryan: Mom, its like 250 feet long that is plenty big

Me (exasperatedly): We will add it to your Christmas list

Ryan: Where is our list?

Me (Oh, craply): I guess we will have to make it

Ryan: I will go get a BIG piece of paper

1 comments:

Rachael said...

Honestly, I have no idea if my kids really believe in Santa or not. If they asked, I'd say, "well, what do you think?"

But...I'm not letting Santa get all the credit either. If I buy it...it's from ME! I always tell my kids that there are so many children in this world who don't have a lot of toys and who really need things and that we should let Santa make stuff for them, and Daddy and I will buy their (our kids) presents. (Presumably the stockings are filled by Santa though).

Post a Comment